Oneshot

A Dream That I Hoped For

It was a hard day at work today. Running around, preparing and rehearsing back the scene by memorizing the lines from the script that the script writer and director gave me. Not that I mind it, but for the past two years , it has been pretty hard and tiring for me. The promotions in a shape of movies, dramas, advertisements and magazines. It all came back crashing me down as if there’s no tomorrow.

It’s not like I have a choice in the matter.

Hi, I’m Lee Jong Suk or might be called one of the Hallyu stars that came up famous whenever people type in the internet nowadays. Them and their articles about me in any aspects. It’s troublesome as much as I appreciate  their hardworking work to interview and gave some good comments, in order to keep my star image clean, perhaps.

The problem here right now is I think I need a nap. Like a really long nap.

I’ve been yawning and rubbing my too tired eyes for the past five hours now. Even if I’m taking some supplements and some eye refreshing drops, it is still not enough to keep my sleepiness away.

It’s driving me crazy, really.

The staffs and the crews are running around busily and quickly from one spot to another like bees in the hive making honey, shouting and commanding the stars to get back on track. Judging from the way they move, I can presumed that they are also exhausted. Looking at them makes me even more drowsier. It feels like swimming in a very white, quiet space.

God! I really do need a nap! And fast!

I stood up from my seat after been dismissed from my last schedule for today. A crack sound can be heard located somewhere on my back. Ouch ! But nice, as I may say.

I thought to myself.

For now.

I groaned loudly as I flipped up my schedule pages and also scanned through the scripts that I should supposedly remember. The lines for the next scene of my upcoming role.

Dropping down the papers beside me, I leaned towards the side of the van and watched the scenery as my manager drove me back to my place.

‘ Jong Suk-sshi, you’ve been grumbling a lot after the schedule of the day ends, it’s gonna ruin your cute face if you keep frowning like that.’ The manager teased as he adjusted his front mirror to look me in the eye.

‘ Ggaaakkhh, not that I care that much. It won’t affect my delicate cuteness, hyung.’ I pouted and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

Manager hyung snorted at my remark and continued driving.

‘ Suit yourself, boy.’

I grinned cheekily.

Victory is mine!

Several minutes later, I finally arrived home. Yes, freaking finally!

I mentally raised my arms up to the sky and cheered as I turned around and waved a goodbye and a goodnight towards my manager.

‘ Don’t stay up too late nor wake up too late. Or else, I’m going to kick open your door by force.’

I scoffed and muttered to myself.

As if he can kick it.

But eventually complies with his ongoing nagging about how he always have to drag my from my apartment and nodded. It’s not like I ever slept up too late or anything.

……Wait.

On the second thought, I do stay up late.It’s not like what you thought. I mostly stayed up late to finish the chores or revising back my scripts.

But I have made up my mind after my last drama that I will sleep as early as possible. Though, it’s really hard to accomplish it because of my ongoing, non-stopping schedules.

I sighed exasperatedly as I turned the door knob of my apartment only to be surprised.

The door is not locked..

I clenched my coat tightly and gulped nervously. As far as I could remember , I always locked and checked the door twice before getting on with my work. So what the hell!

My hands were shaking as I reached up to unlock the door with my heartbeat getting more violent, hammering inside my chest like a hurricane just struck me.

I opened the door slowly and make my way to the living room, not forgetting to pull off my shoes, socks and coat. A flicker of light can be seen in the kitchen.

God! Now, I’m really dead! Dead for sure!

I was having a fight or flight situation here, trying to make up mind to go or call the police before it’s too late.

Until a familiar voice welcomes me with mild confusion.

‘ Jong Suk?’

The breath I’ve been holding up until now has finally been released. When did I hold it up?

‘ What the hell! Yah, you almost gave me a heart attack!’ I shrieked.

He blinked at me and smirked.

‘ Haha. You’re such a scaredy cat, Lee Jong Suk. I thought I told you that I will be coming to your apartment tonight.’ His smirk grew wider as his eyebrows quirked up.

‘ Huh?’ I blinked. Since when?

‘ You didn’t read the message that I’ve sent to you? ‘

I blinked again before coming to fetch my phone from my back pocket. Did he really sent it to me? I slide the home screen just to see an awful load of messages sitting in my notification

Woah! He really did sent it to me!

‘ Uh, sorry. About that. I was kinda busy with my schedules today.’ I nervously chuckled. Damn it! I feel so embarrassed right now.

Until the words he spoke to me finally get to me.

‘ Yah! Who are you calling a scaredy cat??! ‘ I pouted and crossed my arms. Sometimes, he can be so insensitive. But that’s what I like about him.

‘ Jong Suk-ah, seriously now.’ He sighed softly and smiles.

My heart skips a beat.

‘ I-It’s not like I’m the only one who is a  scaredy cat here. You’re scared of riding the helicopters.’ I murmured while I averted my eyes from him and blush lightly.

This time, it was his time to be speechless. He gaped once. Twice. I smirked and mentally applauded to myself.

Take that !

‘ That was a long time ago. Anyway, how do you know about that? ‘ He said in a quick and nervous tone.

How do I know that? It’s pretty simple,really. Since I watched running man and to be honest.

The episode where Woobin and the others went to Australia always makes me laugh and sad at the same time. Since I can’t come with them due to me being infected by some disease during my abroad to another country. I was pretty depressed back then. But Woobin kept saying ‘ It’s fine. Don’t worry about it.’

And ‘ Get well soon. ‘

And the ‘ I miss you too, Jong Sukkie.. But your health comes first. Please take care. ‘

Sometimes during those days, spending time, cooped up in my apartment really was devastating. I had to stay in bed for the whole day and had to postpone or more likely cancel off my schedules.

It was hard. Really hard for me to acknowledged it.

‘ Because I watched you.’ I answered his question with a grin.

‘ Well, I..’ He gaped.

A sigh comes out from Woobin’s mouth as he mutters with a ‘ Guess you’re right. I let you slip this time.’

I chuckled at his antics and went up to him to give him a peck on the cheek.

Cute. So cute.

‘ So, what are you doing in the kitchen anyway? ‘ I asked him as I looked around the kitchen counter to search of any ingredients he might be making to make a meal. My stomach was making the rumblings here.

‘ Ah, that? About that. I was making some jjangmyeon. Would you like one? ‘ He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my nose.

‘ Do I want to eat? Woobin-ah, I’m starving here. That will be great! ‘ I smiled brightly and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, delightfully.

‘ Okay then. ‘ He kissed  me again on my forehead and walked away to prepare the meal.

As I sat on the kitchen counter, watching him. I was pretty impressed with his cooking skills. And WAH! He looked so focus in his food, he’ll probably won’t noticed if I stood behind him.

Snickered quietly, I went up behind him, standing a few inches away from the overly focused Dino-face and slowly wrapped my fingers around his torso. And I was right. He was too busy making the meal, he didn’t even noticed this cute-me hugging him from behind.

‘ Jong Sukkie, you’ll have to wait for now. The food will be done in a few minutes. ‘ He said without glancing at me.

 Disappointed, I gave him a little shake and snuggly put my head on his broad shoulder, sniffing his scent.

‘ What may I do to help you, Sir? ‘ I grinned and batted my eyelashes to him.

‘ Well, for starters. You can serve the plates and glasses onto the table. ‘

Not satisfied, I gave him a little push.

‘ That’s it? Woobin-ah, I can do better than that. ‘ I pouted but still kept my nose buried on his shoulder.

A sigh came out from his lips as he turned his head to look at me and my hair. I purred at that little bit of contact, pleased.

‘ Then can you do the drinks, please? As you can see here, my hands are kinda full now. ‘ He chuckled and patted my hair.

‘ Yeah, I guess I can do that. ‘ I said.

I released my arms from Woobin’s heat as much as I am reluctant to do so and went to make some barley tea for the two of us. An extra drink has been made if I were to have a second one. But after thinking a little, I might as well make it into a jug so we can both take one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several minutes later, the jjangmyeon has finished cooking and we both went to take the chopsticks from the cabinet. We sat at the dining table and ate our food quietly. I let out a moan and savoured the taste.

This is awesome!

‘ Glad to see you’re having a time of the moment there. ‘ He smiled at me brightly while he drank the barley tea I prepared for the both of us.

‘ Are you kidding me? This is delicious! ‘ I took another bite and gave out a very pleased moan, indicating that yes,… Woobin’s jjangmyeon was indeed delicious. I squealed a little.

Woobin chuckled at my behaviour and shook his head.

‘ Yah, is it that delicious for you..’ He pointed his chopsticks at my face.

‘ to make a face like that? ‘ He said warmly.

Munching and swallowing at the same time, I gave him a nod and a thumbs up.

‘ Aigo, Jong Sukkie. What am I gonna do with you. ‘ He chuckled once again before taking his plate away from the table and went to the kitchen sink to rinse t off.

While I was eating, I noticed that Woobin seems to be a little too tense. Too tense, in my opinion. I finished up my food and drank the barley tea without leaving a single drop left in it and went up to him, joining him washing the dishes.

‘ So, how was your schedule? ‘ He asked as he rinsed off the soap and placed his plate on the rack.

‘ It was good and kinda tiring. ‘ I said and let out a soft chuckle.

‘ I see. Don’t work yourself too hard, Jong Sukkie or I might have to pin you down and make you rest. ‘ He said with a little smirk playing on his lips.

Is he playing with me?

‘ Awww~ Don’t be like that, Woobin-ah. If as if I’m going to throw out my beauty sleep behind. ‘ I nudged him with my shoulder and smiled. I love having to talk to him like this. It’s been so long.

‘ Haha ! You and your sleep. I feel so left out. ‘ He clutched his shirt as to show his heart was hurting. I pouted at that and pushed his arm lightly.

‘ Tch. It’s not like I have a choice in that matter. ‘

He looked at me and softly smile.

‘ Yeah, I guess you’re right. ‘ He said as he dry off his hands and went to sit on the couch.

But I won’t let him go that easily. Not quite.

‘ Where do you think you’re going? ‘ I asked him as I grab hold of his hand and raise and eyebrow.

‘ Uhh,…sleeping? ‘ He said back as he looked at me, puzzled.

I sighed and nudged him to follow me to the bedroom as I shook my head.

‘ What do you mean sleeping on the couch. You’re sleeping with me. ‘

‘ Wha? But I.. ‘

‘ What? Woobin-ah, I’m not dense, okay? In fact, you looked more paler than I am. ‘

He froze in his track and averted his eyes from me, rubbing his neck.

‘ So, you noticed? ‘

I snorted.

‘ Of course I noticed. Don’t you underestimate my sensing abilities. ‘

Woobin snorted and chuckled a little.

‘ Hah~ Yes,yes. ‘ But then a flicker of worriedness reflected in his eyes.

‘ Good. ‘

‘ But I thought you---‘

‘ I what? ‘

‘ I thought you needed the bed all by yourself tonight. Since you’re just finished your schedule and all. ‘

When we finally went inside my room, I turned to look at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

‘ Really now? For your information, I am very restless when I sleep alone. And you know what that means? ‘

He looked at me without saying a word.

I sighed and went up to kiss him on the lips as I looked up at him.

‘ It means I’m more happy and relax when I’m sleeping with you. ‘

‘ Really?! ‘ He let out a gasped voice as the realization of my words hits him.

‘ Of course, I am. Now, come in bed with me now or I’ll dragged your tired here myself. ‘ I commanded as I patted his side of the bed.

Woobin went and sat on my bed before shutting off the light and make himself comfortable on my bed.

I immediately scooted myself close to him and snuggled.

‘ You are so fussy, Lee Jong Suk. ‘

‘ And you are so… clueless, Kim Woobin. ‘ I let out a yawn and rested my head towards his chest. I put my arm on his shoulder as I can feel myself drifting into slumber.

‘ I love you, Jong Sukkie. ‘

Smiling to myself, I let out another yawn.

‘ Love you too…So much…Woobinnie…’

We slept tangled up with each other with my head on his chest and his nose buried in my hair. At time like these, I can feel myself closer to him more than anything else.

And I know, Woobin feel the same way as me.

I slept dreaming of the day when Woobin and I get an another offer to star in a drama together as we both accepted and smiling at each other, happily without a single thing worrying us. A wish that I am hoping to have it for a long time since our last first drama together.

 ‘Hey, Woobin…’

‘ Are you hoping the same wish as I am? ‘

 

=======================================================================================================================

Authour's Note

This is longer than I expected to make. Hope you all enjoy it. ^3^