Hidden feelings (One shot)

Hidden feelings

 

As I was about to turn off my lights and sleep, I heard my phone rang.

 “Hello?” I put my phone against my ear.

“Eunhee-ah, I’m going to your place.” He mumbled. He sounded drunk.

“Sungmin? What’s wrong? Did you drink? W-Where are you, I’ll go there instead.“ Before I could finish my sentence, he ended the call.

I rushed down to the façade of our house wearing only my pajamas and waited for him there, worrying. Minutes later, I saw his car stop right in front me. He got down from his car and almost fell.

“Sungmin!” I caught him before his body could reach the ground. “Come on, let’s go to my room.”

-

“You reek of alcohol, Sungmin! Why did you have to drink so much?” I said as I took off his shirt. When I was about to stand up and get a fresh towel for him, he suddenly put his hand on mine.

“Eunhee-ah, why does Sujin keep on hurting me? Huh?” He asked as he started to tear up. “I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong to her. I try my hardest to be the best boyfriend but she just keeps on taking me for granted!”

“Su-sungmin, hush. I don’t know, I think she just doesn’t see how special and great you are. You’ve exerted so much effort on trying to make things work out between you two but she’s the problem, okay? Ming, she’s the one who’s trying to break your relationship. I say you forget about her because she doesn’t deserve you at all!” I sighed heavily after saying a mouthful of words. It pains me seeing my best friend like this.

“But, Eunhee, I love her!” He protested.

“Sungmin, I don’t know what you see in her but she’s just an arrogant and cold girl! Why can’t you just find someone else who deserves you more than she does?” I was now flailing because it’s as if he doesn’t even want to help himself.

“Who, Eunhee? Who is there!” He stood up to level his face with mine.

“Me, Sungmin! I’m right here! Can’t you see that I’ve been here all along, just waiting for you to notice me?”  He was surprised at what I said. “Sometimes, I get the feeling that I don’t have any chance with you at all. That I’ll remain to be your best friend and it’s never going to change. Every single day, I pray that if only I get one chance to prove myself to you to show you how I really love you just so you’ll realize that I can be that girl who will make you happy then you won’t be in pain anymore. “

“E-eunhee, I-I didn’t know..” That was all he was able to say.

“Ming, it’s okay. Forget I ever said any of—“ Suddenly, his lips crashed onto mine.

“What do you mean forget? Eunhee, I didn’t know you had these feelings for me. If I had known earlier, I wouldn’t have gone through all the trouble of trying to find another girl so that I can forget my feelings for you. Do you know how hard I tried to try to love another girl that isn’t you?” His confession surprised me as well.

“You’ve had feelings for me?” I said with tears in my eyes.

“I have feelings for you, Kim Eunhee. It’s just that I was afraid that you wouldn’t like me back and that if I confessed, you’d  start drifting away from me. I don’t even want to that to happened so I decided to keep it to myself.” He replied as he caressed my face, wiping the tears away.

“Are you sure of yourself? You’re drunk, you know. Don’t say things like that when you’re drunk.” I quickly took his hands off of my face but he held me closer and pulled me into a hug.

“Yes, I’m sure.” He chuckled. Then, he stared into my eyes ever so lovingly. “Thank you.”

Though I wasn’t sure exactly why he was saying thanks, I just gave him a smile and hugged him.

“I love you, Eunhee. I love you so much.” He said and kissed me on my forehead.

“I love you too, Sungmin.” I replied and hugged him tighter.

We slept on my bed together that night and our bodies were as close as possible. I can hear Sungmin’s heart beat through his chest against my ear and I can say that it was the most beautiful sound I ever heard.

-