Emptiness

Darkness & Fear

1. EMPTINESS


   Kim Yerin, that's my name. My mother used to say people who had a 'Rin' in their name live with happiness, fame and love. But look at me now. Living alone in a small appartment, whose rent she barely keeps up to pay. Her mother died along with her father when she turned 18. And she had always been a single, only child. 

     Ever since they died, I stopped any studies and looked for part time jobs to support myself. Therefore there isn't a lot of people I know besides the owners of the places I work at. But they never care about me the way I want them to. 

      Love is something I barely think about. Because I don't even have the time in the world to think about it. To think about someone who'd love me and I him. I mean, who would love a loser like me? But the more I try to deny it, the more I want it. 

     I want to have someone beside me, to understand me and to support me. I never received the love ever since my parents left and I'm desperate for it. I'd do everything to have someone I'm important to. But my everything seems to not be enough. 

 

 

     "Yerin, leave early today, hm? We're going to close early" the woman - my boss - said, not even bothering to spare me a glance. I nodded quietly and went to take my stuff to leave. I knew she was partly lying to me. They weren't closing early. They were planning on having a little celebration on the boss's birthday and surely she didn't want a peasant like me around.

      Sighing, I walked out of the coffee shop and the cold wind hit me, bringing a pink shade to my cheeks due to the cold. I lived quite far from my workplace so I had to wait a few minutes before the my bus comes. In the mean time, I decided to go to the grocery shop to buy some food supply for the following week. 

      It's not like I was really poor. I was just so-so. I managed to eat all three meals a day, had enough money for clothes and other stuff but paying the bills wasn't something I was able to handle easily. But the land lady is pretty understanding towards me because I'm not the only one in the situation. There are more of them who have a hard life like me. 

       I walked into the grocery and checked my wallet to see how much I could buy when suddenly I bumped into someone and the things in my wallet flew out. My eyes widened and I immediately bent down to take it back in. I couldn't care less about the person that was standing in front of me, watching as I collected all the bills and coins. 

       I sighed as all the things had been collected and nothing went missing and stood up, brushing the dust off my jeans. I looked up, almost forgetting about the person she bumped into. She was surprised he was still standing there and haven't left. 

     "I'm sorry I wasn't looking and-" the words seemed to stuck in my throat when I saw the face of the person. It was a tall boy so I had to look up to see his face. His eyes were looking down in me as if they were piercing through mine. I watched him, waiting if I could see any emotion on his face but there was none. He was completely emotionless. 

     "And?" The male voiced, raising his brow at me. I had to try so hard not to let out a nervous breath when I heard his voice. Something about him seemed so mysterious. He had this very dark aura around him but surprisingly, I wasn't a bit scared of him. His gaze didn't make me afraid as she supposed she would be. 

     "A-And I....um, should go" I uttered and turned around, walking out of the grocery store as fast as possible. Once I was outside, I took a deep breath and made a run towards the bus station. This guy. Who the hell was he?

       I arrived at the station a few minutes later and sat down on the bench, waiting for the bus to come. , I forgot to grocery.... I face-palmed and sighed in frustration. If it wasn't for the mysterious guy and my embarrassment, I would have been able to get it.   Damn!!!

​     I looked over left as I saw someone walking closer in the corner of my eye and hissed quietly, standing up and running away with all my energy. , my bus was just ten minutes away! Why now of all times?!  It was the group of guys who always messed with her whenever she was around. They were the guys she sees standing outside the coffee shop every day. The worst part was that these guys always tried to catch her and abuse her. But they still haven't gone further then hit her in the face once. 

      I sighed as I saw the guys running after me and turned to the left. The allay was totally dark and I could hardly see a thing. How was I supposed to run or hide when I couldn't see a dammed thing- and suddenly, I was pulled to the side, my mouth tightly covered by a firm hand. My eyes widened at the thought that the guys caught me but then all the fear suddenly disappeared when I heard the voice of the one who was holding me. 

     "Pshh...you wouldn't want them to catch you now, would you?"

 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading!!! I hope that you enjoyed the affix. If I receive more attention, I'll update as soon as possible. (/ ^^ )/.  thanks