Final

Couldn't be more happy

"CANNONBALL!"

 
That was the only thing I heard before I heard several loud splooshes and was splashed with water. Damn it, I'd been trying to keep my hair dry. 
 
I waited for the heads to pop up, but I never saw them. I started to panic. I mean, they had been whispering to each other before jumping into the lake; which really can't be good. 
 
I looked around, as best as I could at least. I was floating around on one of those floating chairs. And well..
 
Next thing I know I'm being flipped and am now under water. I swam back up to the surface as quickly as I could. Good thing I'm wearing makeup today. 
 
I heard laughter and pouted, swimming back to the floating chair. I hurled my body back up onto it. 
 
"Guys what the ? You know I don't like my head being under water, or being flipped."
 
"Sorry, Y/N. We just thought it'd be nice if you swam with us for a bit..", I turned my head towards person who had been speaking. It was Jin. I heard several other voices repeat that they were sorry. I just shook my head at the boys. 
 
"Believe me Jin, I would love to swim with you all. But you know what happened, we're all lucky I've been able to sit here floating for as long as I have today." I spoke with a hint of sadness. 
 
See, I had been swimming, in a pool nonetheless. I was young at the time, and I had just begun taking swimming lessons so I wasn't the best swimmer. Anyways back to the story.
 
I was swimming in the pool, with a few of the same people I was at the lake with today, along with my older brother. We had been messing around, just splashing each other and seeing who could hold their breath the longest. Normal kid stuff yanno?
 
My brother had started to get especially rough, and I had been holding my breath. I guess he thought it was going to be funny to hold me under the water a little bit longer than I should have been under. But it was really the worst idea he could have come up with. 
 
I needed to come up anyways, so I was trying to swim up. My brother just kept holding me down. So I essentially started to drown. 
I was in the hospital for 10 days afterwards. My brother felt so guilty that he nearly killed me. He loved me so much. 
 
I was traumatized. I couldn't take regular baths or showers for years after. I was always given sponge baths, and wiped down with cleansing wet wipes. When my hair had to be washed though it was horrible. My parents normally did it while I was asleep. Once I got better about showers, they installed a very low pressure shower head. 
 
I still have trouble with being under water now though. 
 
"Y/N, it's okay, we all love you as a sister. We'd do anything to protect you." Jimin spoke softly to me, and laid his hand over mine once he was close enough. 
 
I gave a small smile and nodded. I knew that what he said was true. 
 
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
 
We all spent more time by the lake, I watched Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hoseok all have a splash fight. Yoongi grabbed a hold of one of the other floating chairs and floated around with me for the rest of the time. 
 
Jin and Namjoon got up onto the dock shortly after they had flipped me over, and they laid in the shade. 
 
Jimin swam around on his own, probably trying to keep the muscle in his arms in check. 
 
Once we all left though we had to ride in two different cars. I drove my car with Jimin, Hoseok, Taehyung, and Jungkook as passengers; while Jin drove his car with Namjoon and Yoongi. It was funny how we separated ourselves by ages. 
 
I was a year younger than Jimin and Taehyung, and a year older than Jungkook. 
 
We had dinner at our favorite restaurant. And drove to the apartment building we lived in. 
 
"Y/N, stay a little with us and play games!" Taehyung always wanted me to stay and play games with them after we all did anything for a day together. Not that I minded. 
 
"If I must, then I will." I spoke in a fake strained sort of voice and stifled a laugh when Taehyung's face fell. I walked over and patted his head, smiling. "I'm kidding you big baby."
 
He flashed me his rectangular grin and hugged me tight to him. I laughed. 
 
The boys and I played games for a while, then we decided to watch a comedy movie. The boys fell asleep, and I was the last one of all eight of us awake. I looked around and smiled at their peaceful sleeping faces. 
 
I walked around and grabbed blankets, draping them over the sleeping boys. When I was walking out of the door I heard a faint "Thanks Y/N", and looked back. I smiled at the person who had spoken, Jungkook. I smiled and waved before leaving their apartment and walking to my own. 
 
Needless to say, those boys are probably the closest people to me in my life. And I couldn't be more happy that I had met them. 
 
————————————————
A/N: I got something written! Even though it's not for my other story but I'm happy I got this written. I hope you liked it.
 
Thanks for reading!
-M.M.K.