Our Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop

I don't know where I am or how I ended up here but I go in anyway. "Hello there sir." A lady says once I've entered the building. "Would you like some coffee?"

"S-sure." I say absentmindedly as I walk towards her. Why does this place look so familiar?

"What would you like in your coffee sir?" The lady asks.

"Two sugars and two creams."

"Okay sir."

While she goes to make my coffee I look around and try to figure out why this place looks so familiar. Then I remember. This is the coffee shop we used to go to. Our coffee shop.

"Thank you sir." The lady says after I pay her. "Here's your change and your receipt."

"Thank you." I say as I take a seat. 

I sit in the same chair that I used to sit in. At the same table that we used to sit at. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Daehyun and Youngjae would always argue about something stupid.  Himchan would try to get them to stop and Jongup would tease Daehyun and Youngjae about the two of them being a couple. And Yongguk would silently write in his journal and while sipping his coffee. I'm blankly sitting here where I can smell your scent.

Then I realize that I'm staring at the door and tapping my foot, as if I'm waiting for something. "No one's coming." I tell myself I start to drink my coffee. "That was a long time ago." But saying that doesn't change how quiet and empty it feels without them. And how much I miss them. I still can't forget you. Our memories still remain.

I haven't talked to them in a while. I think as I leave. Sometimes, I want to ask you how your day was. I wonder if they're getting used to being apart, I know I am. I think as I leave the coffee shop. I'm eventually getting used to life without you, it's pretty decent.

The coffee shop we used to go to. Our coffee shop. I'm blankly sitting here where I can smell your scent.​ I still can't forget you. Our memories still remain.​ So without knowing, like a habit I came here.