One-shot

Life

Being a clumsy kid since beginning was never easy for Myungsoo. He has hard time in studies and he rarely has friends to share his happiness and sadness with. He was a quiet kid in school and no one wanted to be near him because he was someone that is a complete messed. His hair was not organized and his shirt was not ironed perfectly and he has a major case of curly hair. People won’t think twice to go near him. He had always been bullied because he was labelled as the ‘nerd’ in the school and no one stood up for him.

He lost his parents when he was just a kid and he has no other family members to count own. Luckily, his neighbor helped him a lot with the struggles. They gave him food, money and education for his living. But during his high school, Myungsoo felt that he had been a burden to the family so he decided to live on his own. With the money he has earned, he managed to rent an apartment. It was not huge and fancy but it was enough for him to live.

….

“Ring! Ring! Ring!”

His alarm went on and with the loudness of the sound that can makes his ears bleed, he lazily opened his eyes and managed to pull his hand towards the table to find the alarm, and once he recognized the object, he hit it hard to shut it. Myungsoo buried his head on his pillow not ready for school. Another day is just another day of being a victim of the bullies in the school and his life. He got up from the bed and went straight for a shower. He dressed himself up and he grabbed a toast and went straight to school. 

He was walking in the hallway. Everything went smooth until he bumped into the bullies. Myungsoo tried to ignore them and once he passed through them he felt someone grabbing his bag from behind. He knew how this was gonna ended. He was being pushed to the locker and he was already closing his eyes and wait for the pain to come. As expected, he got kicked in the stomach a few times and fell on the floor. The bullied laughed and the moment they heard the school bell rang, they left the hurtful Myungsoo on the floor. “Save by the bell”. Myungsoo grabbed his stomach feeling the pain. He was already used to being kick, punch and it’s not weird at all if no one was helping him. He slowly tried to stand but the pain was unbearable and it made him lost his balance. But surprisingly someone hold him by his arm, supporting him from falling. He felt how hard that someone grabbed him as if he really cares for him. This is the first time someone was helping him. He felt that person soft hand holding him but his mind quickly turned blank when the pain reached him.

Myungsoo was indeed in pain so he didn’t even give a chance to look at the person who was helping him. Myungsoo was mad at himself for being weak and can’t even fight the bullies. “Are you okay?” From the voice he just heard, that someone was a boy. Myungsoo was too embarrassed with himself and he couldn’t let the person who just save him sees his dreadful face so Myungsoo didn’t give a single reply and just looking at the floor while the boy helping him stand. When Myungsoo finally be able to stand on his feet, he pushed away the boy hands and walked away from the hall, leaving the boy dumbfound.

 “What the hell? He didn’t even give me a glance and say sorry…huh…whatever!”  He grabbed his bag that he left on the floor. He looked again at Myungsoo and saw his back walking away and he sighed. With nothing left to do, he started to walked away heading the opposite direction of Myungsoo towards his class.

After school…


Myungsoo walked pass the school gate to go back home. Unfortunately for him, the bullies that kicked him earlier was standing and talking not far from his stand. Myungsoo turned his back around to avoid them when suddenly,

“Where do you think you are going? I believed we have unfinished matter don’t you think?” Myungsoo was shivering hard and suddenly his body was forcefully being swung around and felt a huge pain in his stomach again. The earlier pain hasn’t left his body yet and now he received another one. His fall down on his knees and received another kicked followed by another. Myungsoo growled in pain as they kept kicking him all over his body. “That’s what you get for being weak, kid!” one of the members shouted.

After seeing helpless Myungsoo on the floor, the leader of the gang spoke up and left him. They laughed on their way as if they had just celebrate their victory. Myungsoo was still holding his stomach with his hands trying to ease the pain but it was useless. After a few minutes, he slowly managed to get up and walked back home.

As he walked half way through from the school gate, he falls back on his knees. He felt the pain again and it was getting worse and worse as his started walking. He stood up once more but his legs were weak and soon he was back on the ground. Myungsoo started tearing up. “This is too painful! It’s hurt!” Myungsoo shouted to himself. He wiped away his tears and tried to stand up again but failed. Soon after, he felt someone lifting him up, holding his shoulder up to support him.

“You know… This is the second times I helped you today”. The stranger said. 

Myungsoo was confused but then he remembered about what happened in the early morning.

“You the ones who helped me this morning? ---Ahh ttthanks--” he said facing the floor. Myungsoo couldn’t face the guy because out of nowhere, the person he didn’t even know, helped him twice today-seeing the weak side of him and not to mention that he was a little bit rude this morning when he suddenly left the guy without saying anything. Myungsoo stiffed a little when the guy grabbed his hand to stand up while his other hand is wrapped around Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Let me help you. You can barely walk with this condition.” He said feeling a bit worried. Myungsoo wanted to refuse at first but then the pain hit him again and he knew that if he refused, he won’t made it home in anytime soon. So, with a long sighed he nodded.

The stranger smiled and swung Myungsoo’s body carefully and carrying him in his back. Myungsoo eyes went wide. He just barely knows him and suddenly he is giving him a piggyback ride? Myungsoo was about to say something but the stranger cut him off “I know you are not comfortable, but trust me this is better. Just enjoy the ride and let me help you okay? And... I’m Sungkyu by the way. Kim Sungkyu.” He smiled.

“Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo” Sungkyu left out a cute chuckle and said to him that they coincidently have the same surname.

It was awkward but not a quiet journey. Myungsoo showed Sungkyu where his house is and they even bought out a small conversation to break the silence. Myungsoo didn’t talked much but he was not quiet. He spoke out two or three words when Sungkyu asked him something.

They reached to the front door and Sungkyu carefully placed Myungsoo down. Myungsoo took out his keys and opened the door. They entered the house and Myungsoo asked Sungkyu to wait on the couch while he gets something to drink. Sungkyu smiled and nodded. Myungsoo walked to the kitchen slowly not to hurt himself too much.

As soon as Sungkyu saw Myungsoo disappear to the kitchen, he quickly rubbed his arm. “Wow that kid is heavy! Its whether he needs to eat less or I should workout more”. Sungkyu sighed and looked around the house. It’s not big but it has all the utilities and furniture a person could need, and he even has a small television to fulfill his boring times. Compared to his house, Sungkyu’s was way bigger than this since he came from wealthier family.

Myungsoo came back bringing orange juice and set on the coffee’s table in front of him. He motioned his head towards the drinks as if telling Sungkyu’s to take it and it seem that Sungkyu catch what he was saying. Sungkyu gladly take the drink and take a sip before he started asking him.

“So, how do you feel? Is it less pain?”

“You can say that… it’s better than earlier. Thank you Sungkyu-ssi”

“Just drop the formal. Call me Sungkyu or Gyu or anything you want. And I am going to call you Myung”

“Myung?” No one has ever called Myungsoo with the nickname before so he felt a little bit uncomfortable with it but since Sungkyu has helped him a lot, so a nickname won’t hurt him, right?

“Hey Myung? Are you okay? You have being spacing out. Myung? Myungsoo? Hello?” Sungkyu waved his hands across Myungsoo’s face and that helped him to snap out.

“Ahhhh yes. Sure, you can call me Myung if you want to” Myungsoo said while rubbing his hair feeling the awkward moment. 

Sungkyu smiles went wider as he looked at Myungsoo. But then, he saw the bruises on Myungsoo’s arm and a little bit on his cheek and from the smile, he turned to frown. Sungkyu asked for the first aid kit and so Myungsoo walked to the cabinet nearby and took the kit and give it to him.

Myungsoo want to ask what Sungkyu is going to do with the medicine and the cottons-maybe he hurt somewhere- Myungsoo thought but he decided to let it slide. But soon, Myungsoo was shocked as Sungkyu grabbed his waist, making him sit on the coach facing him. Sungkyu drenched a lit bit of antiseptic on the cotton ball and slowly clean the bruises on the cheek. Myungsoo winced in pain but he felt something warm touching him as Sungkyu placed his one hand on Myungsoo’s cheek to slowly clean the scratch. Myungsoo stares at Sungkyu’s eyes and noticed how beautiful and shining those eyes are. They may be small but he sees them in a cute way. Myungsoo got lost in his stares until …. “Yah! That’s hurt!” Myungsoo blunted earning a laugh from Sungkyu as he keep dabbing the cotton balls on his cheek.

After it was all done, Sungkyu put away the used cotton balls in the trashcan and placed the kit back in its place. Myungsoo was still sitting on the couch waiting like a lost kid until Sungkyu set besides him.

“Myung…” He started as he looked at Myungsoo who stares him like a little kid. “… I think you need to change yourself. You need to be strong to fight those bullies you know.”

Myungsoo looked down on his lap and his eyes began to tears. Myungsoo always want to change himself but he just got lack of courage to do so. Myungsoo keep quiet while Sungkyu watched him with his concern eyes.

“Wh-y are you doing this? -Myungsoo whispered under the tears - You have helped me a lot and we aren’t even friends. Why?” Myungsoo closed his eyes shut holding the tears dropped with his hands.

Sungkyu reached towards Myungsoo hands and hold them tightly.

“We are friends now. I am Sungkyu and you are Myungsoo. And we are friends…” Sungkyu smiled.

“But we just met and how can you easily say we are  friends?”

“Myungsoo… friendship isn’t about how long they met, it’s about understanding towards each other. And I want to understand you. You may not know this, but you re in hiding how miserable your life is and I want to help you.”

Sunggyu expect Myungsoo to say ‘thank you’ or something like that but it shocked him when Myungsoo let out a sarcastic laugh.

“So that what it is? Are you pitying me? I hate when people goes nice and near  just because they felt sorry for me.” Myungsoo tensed up as he had enough of this. One thing he hated most is receiving sympathy from others.  

“I think you should leave. I don’t need…..”

“I care for you Myungsoo. –Sungkyu cut him off- I know you not gonna believe this but I care for you” Myungsoo looked up and saw Sungkyu starting to tears. He was not expecting this so he doesn’t know what to do. He just stood still and continue hearing what Sungkyu has to say.

“I used to have a friend. He was my best friend actually –he chuckled a bit- He was happy, greasy and he care for me as much as I care for him. But life isn’t always happy you know. I got transfer to another school and I had to left him. After two months, I tried to give him a visit but it turned out that he already left me” Both Myungsoo and Sungkyu stayed silent for a second.

“--He died---.” Myungsoo can heard the crack of Sungkyu’s voice. He doesn’t know how to console him so he tried his best to talked.

“How?” Myungsoo asked but he gazed towards another direction. He can feel to sadness in Sungkyu voices. He wanted to cry but he need to be strong. He can’t let Sungkyu seeing him cried again.

“I asked his parents and they said that after I left, he being bullied really bad. His grades started to fall drastically and he had been locking himself in his room. One day, his parents went to his room. They knocked and knocked but there’s no answer. His father kicked the door and when it managed to open, they already saw the dead body on the bed while a bottle of pain killer on his hands. The doctor said that he died because he was overdose with the pain killer. And his health also not has being so good that it makes him in deep depression” Sungkyu buried his head in his knees. The memories of him and his best friend came back and he can’t hold it anymore. He was crying. Myungsoo got closer and hugged him tightly.

“I’m sorry” Myungsoo said.

Sungkyu looked up to Myungsoo and their eyes met. The only thing that they are seeing right now is the sadness that both of them feels.

“ I don’t have a friend Myungsoo. Ever since I lost him, I scared to be friends with others. But when I saw you, I want to be friend with you. I want to be by your side and I want to be the friend that you can count on to protect you. So please – Sungkyu grabbed his hands- let me be your friend.”

Myungsoo looked directly in Sungkyu eyes to see the sincerity of what he said and his heart felt different as if he was feeling happy(?). His heart felt warm  and he can’t hide the felling inside him.

“Okay. We are friends” Myungsoo smiled showing his dimples that made Sungkyu awestruck by the cuteness. 

Sungkyu smiled and he stood up still holding Myungsoo’s hands. “Let’s go!” Sungkyu pulled his hands make him stood and walked towards the door.

“Yah! Where are we going?” Myungsoo stopped their track.

“You will see. I will make sure that you will be the visual of our school” Sungkyu smirked.

“Going out looking like this? No way… Let’s clean up first. I still can see the stain of tears all over your face”

“Oh ya… I forgot”

Myungsoo laughed at how cute Sungkyu can be feeling embarrassed. He ruffled Sungkyu’s hair and walked towards the kitchen to wash his face leaving a blush hamster behind.

“The mall? What are we doing here? I don’t have any money to buy anything here”

“Don’t worry. I will pay. Just relax okay and leave everything to me. And no you can’t refuse my offer Myung”

Sungkyu grabbed Myungsoo’s hand and walked towards a hair salon.

“You have a handsome face so shows it to the public. Stop hiding your visual behind those curly hairs…” Sunggyu said while ruffling it. Sungkyu’s words kinda makes Myungsoo blush a little bit even though he should felt offended but… this is the first time someone call him ‘handsome’.

 Sungkyu waited on a waiting chair reading some sort of magazines while waiting for Myungsoo. It’s pretty boring but since he has nothing else to do, so magazine will do.

“Sungkyu…”

Sungkyu lifted his head to the boy who called him and saw Myungsoo… looking different. He knows that Myungsoo will be handsome but he didn’t expect that much handsome. He can see those sharp piercing eyes, those curly hairs was magically gone and left stunning black straight-up hair that suited his face. His nose is too cute that he wants to pinch it hard. And those lips…so pink and plumpy that he can’t take his eyes of it. Sunggyu froze and lost his words for a few seconds.

“You…look…great”

 Sunggyu can’t gaze his eyes towards Myungsoo as he felt how red his cheeks had turned out so rubbing his back of his head, he look away to the window glass. Seeing Myungsoo with that handsome face well let just say had made Sungkyu into a pink blushing hamster.

“I… don’t know…it felt different…Maybe I should turn back to the old me and….”

“Hey   - Sungkyu managed to look in Myungsoo eyes-   YOU.LOOK.AWESOME. You are the most handsome person in the world that I have met. Trust me, this will help you to bring out your self-confident, okay? Just trust me on this”

Myungsoo’s eyes turned wider as he didn’t expect to receive such compliment. But deep in his thought, he realized how sparkles Sungkyu’s eyes are looking at him right now. He shook his head and thought to himself that it may be just his feeling.

Letting out a long sigh… “Fine! Now that it’s done, let’s go home.”

“Who said anything about done?” Sunggyu smirked. He took out his cash and paid before grabbing Myungsoo’s hand and head towards another shop.

They reached at a shop with all the trendy and stylish clothes were stored.

“How about this one?” Sunggyu showed him a nice pure white shirt with the slim cutting line.

“No. I hate white.”

“What? How can you hate white? White are pure and innocent and it is bring peace” Sunggyu pouted.

“Well. I prefer black better. Black is mysterious and I feel like black can help me hide my feeling, my fears, and my insecurities away from the world”

“Wow. We really have different taste in fashion”

Both of them rolled and averted their eyes away to others directions and let out a sigh.

The worker who is helping them with the clothes to choose just giggled at these two couple.

“Excuse me sir. If I may help… this is a couple shirts, so, other than white, we also have black color shirt with the same design.” She gives them the black shirt and Myungsoo was just amazed. That shirt is perfect. It’s black and it doesn’t have any bright color on it-just a pure black.

Myungsoo who was too focuses on the shirt, didn’t realized the word “couple shirts” but Sungkyu did.

“We are just friends, not a couple” he smiled towards her.

“Oh I’m sorry… It just that I thought you two are together because both of you seems to match well. You love white and he love black. Just like how yin and yang completed the circle is how both of you completed each other”

Sungkyu eyes’ widened. He never thought of it before. He slowly turns his head towards Myungsoo who is still amused by the shirt and let out a small laugh.

“Tell you what. I take the white shirt and the black shirt”

She happily nodded and walked towards Myungsoo to take the shirt and walked towards the cash register.

“You two seem to have a fun conversation. I saw you smiling and blushing just now. What are you guys talking about?” Myungsoo asked as he was curious. To be honest, he felt burn inside his heart after seeing Sungkyu too close with that worker but not he would admit it.

Sungkyu just shrugged, smiling and left puzzled Myungsoo to pay the shirts.

 

Myungsoo woke up the next morning feeling anxious about today. He stretched his hands out and left out a loud sigh. “Huh… This gonna be a long day. A new chapter on your life Myungsoo” He said sleepily while rubbing his eyes.

As always, Myungsoo walked down to the kitchen and fixed himself a toast with strawberry jam. He drank his morning coffee and grabbed his bag to left. After he locked the door, he was welcomed by a certain someone named Kim Sungkyu.

“Hey…Morning!” Sungkyu chirped.

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows asking the reason for him to being there today.

“Seriously Myungsoo? I’m here and welcoming you with a fresh morning and all I get is a glare from you? Fine… I get it. You don’t want me to be here. So, I just go then.” Sungkyu said pouting while Myungsoo just rolled his eyes.

Sungkyu waited for Myungsoo to stop him or anything but Myungsoo didn’t as he just stayed at his spot without saying a word and any movement to stop him.

Sungkyu was getting frustrated and decided to just walk. Once he passed him, he heard laughter coming from Myungsoo. He looked back towards Myungsoo, and saw him placing his hands in his stomach, laughing his lung out.

“You are so cute, you know that” Myungsoo went closer to him and poke his cheek.

“W-what?” Sungkyu tried his best to act mad but somehow deep in his heart, he is blushing like crazy.

“I’m just kidding. I was surprised at first that you came here but seeing you pouted like that in the first place, I tried to play a long” as Myungsoo gave a wink to him. He placed his arm around Sungkyu’s shoulder and motioned him to walk. And so, they walked like that until they reached school with Myungsoo wrapping his arm around Sungkyu’s shoulder and burning red cheek from Sungkyu.

The moment he steps in the school gate, everyone especially girls was looking at him nonstop. They were whispering to each other wondering who the hot kid is. Myungsoo on the other was feeling shy. This is the first time people noticed him. Luckily, there’s Sungkyu who always stayed by his side and encouraging him to have self-confident.

“You gonna be okay Myungsoo. Stay strong!” as Sungkyu grabbed his shaking hands.

“Thanks…”

It turned out pretty well that day since Myungsoo was not being bullied and he also managed to get a few numbers from girls telling him that they want to meet him, be friends with him and hangout with him. But Myungsoo knows better that these girls are just trying to be nice to him because of his looks. That’s why he ignored all of them.

Myungsoo promised to meet out with Sungkyu after class. After the school bell rang, people were getting ready to go home and that includes Myungsoo. He went to his locker to put his things before going home. Suddenly he felt his head was being pushed to the locker and he groan loudly at the impact.

“So, you think with that pretty face of yours, you’re gonna get away with it?”

Myungsoo turned around just to see those bullies gathering around him. Myungsoo was nervously shaking but he tried his best to stand up for himself.

“I-I am n-not afraid of y-you!”

“What’s that kid? You got guts now isn’t” The leader of the gang laughed and gave Myungsoo a punch in the stomach. Myungsoo felt the pain and hold it with his hands.

“MYUNGSOO!”

Myungsoo looked up at the person calling him and so did the bullies. Sungkyu was running towards him and helped Myungsoo to get up. But before he could helped, one of the members grabbed Sungkyu hand and pulled him towards the leader.

“You are trying to be the hero?” He laughed.

Sungkyu clenched his fist and gave the leader a strong punch in the face. The leader was stunned so he told his gang to hold him up and he gave a punch back to Sungkyu’s face and his stomach.

Myungsoo was shocked seeing Sungkyu being punched hard. He stood up and grabbed the person who hold Sungkyu and punched him.

“Get your hands of him!” Myungsoo demanded. This is the sight that no one had ever seen. Myungsoo fierce face was showing and his expression is as ready to kill anyone who pissed him off. The members who was holding Sungkyu just now let go of him and Sungkyu fell to the floor since he was stumbled by the pain. Myungsoo walked to the leader and knocked him out some sense. The leader tried to fight back, but Myungsoo managed to avoid every single hit. Myungsoo kicked him in his waist and punched him hard until he hit the floor.

“Now leave! And don’t you ever dare to touch him ever again!”

And just like that, the gang ran away leaving the scene. Myungsoo walked to Sungkyu who was backing himself to the locker. Myungsoo knelt down and his hand makes way to Sungkyu’s cheek to observe the bruises earning a winced from Sungkyu.

“Sorry. Your face got ruined because of me.”

“What do you mean by ruin? Yah! My face is still good looking okay. Besides, it just a little bruise, Myung”

Myungsoo gave out a small laugh and stood up giving Sungkyu a hand.

“Come on! Let’s go home. I will clean the bruises for you” Myungsoo pulled Sungkyu up and they walked home.

“Stay still. This gonna sting a bit”

“Yah! That’s hurt!”

“Well you wasn’t gentle to me too yesterday when you clean my bruises so let’s just call it an even.” Myungsoo grinned. “Why did you do it? You know you gonna get punch if you helped me…”

Sungkyu sighed. “You really asking me that? Of course I will do that. I would risk my life just to help you”

Myungsoo glared his eyes towards Sungkyu’s and looked at him deeply. “Why?”

“ I lo-v…. I mean I care for you. We are friends so friends care for each other.”

“Really? Friends?” Myungsoo closing the gap between them and now he was just a few inches away from Sungkyu. If he made one single move, their lips would touch.

“Tell me now Sungkyu. Did you really do that for me because you just care for me as your friend?” Sungkyu could feel the breath coming from Myungsoo. He gulped and tried his best to answer.

“I-I……” he couldn’t finish the sentences as he felt a pair of lips against his. His eyes widened but slowly melted to the kiss. Myungsoo broke the kiss feeling that Sungkyu was stiffen by the sudden reaction.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t m-mean t-to…” Suddenly Myungsoo was pulled by the hand and they met in another chaste kiss. Myungsoo didn’t expect this but he replied to the kiss making their lips in sync.

They broke the kiss catching up their breath.

“I l-love you Myungsoo” Sungkyu said. His face was burning red as he can’t controlled it.

“I love you too Gyu…” Myungsoo smiled, cherish his cheeks that made Sungkyu melted of the sudden touch.

“So, we are a couple now?” Sungkyu managed to ask.

“Of course. I mean you already bought our couple tees yesterday, right?”  Myungsoo smirked. He actually heard their conversation yesterday and he also managed to catch up with the word ‘couple shirt’. But Myungsoo just kept quiet about it and let it slide. Myungsoo smiled as he saw the confused face of Sungkyu. Myungsoo then pulled the blushing hamster in his embrace and they stayed like that enjoying the moment together.


So, this my one shot story of myunggyu. i was going to update the other story but suddenly i got a new idea to write a new fanfic. i am still working on the update for 'Unexpected Love' but i don't think it will publish in a short time. Sooo soorry.. But this story 'Life' is a one-shot story so you don't need to wait for any update on this ^^

It took me quiet a while to write this story.Because i was lazy and also too excited with the 'bad' performaces. i really impressed. They are indeed our infinite. Just that I hope that they won't work too hard and hope that they take good care of their health.. Inspirits are worried..Mine favourite song throughtout this album is 'Love Letter' because Idk I just love the song, the lyrics and their voices..^^ Let keep supporting them and fighting! Ahhh yes.. I will give u a pics of myunggyu moments too ^^

 


Myunggyu hugged :)))

They re seriously so cute...How could you not love them?? XD