Fin.

Car Tires

The 6 years little old girl watches her mom curiously, her eyes never leave her mom's dirty hands. She knows her mom is busy fixing her car tires, but it has been too long. She pouts. "Mom, you can take the car to a workshop you know?" She suggests after a while. She wanted to play with her mom badly.

Sooyoung, the mother of the child, smiles faintly. For the last few hours she has been working on her car tires, and she knows it will take long hours since she herself isn't that great on doing things like that. After a moment of contemplation, she called her only daughter after ignoring her for almost an hour. She decides to take a break after seeing her daughter's pouty face.

"Yeonnie, come here." Hyoyeon happily skipped to her mom's side and sits on Sooyoung's thigh. She's happy that finally, Sooyoung responded, because her other mother, Sunny, is too busy with her dreams. Hyoyeon doesn't blame Sunny though, she knows she's tired after working all night.

She even ignored Sooyoung's stained clothes and just latches herself to her. Call her spoiled, but Hyoyeon misses her parents' warmth.

"Yeonnie," Sooyoung repeats because Hyoyeon's eyes trailed into the distance. "Eyy~ don't ignore your mom!"

Snapping out from her reverie, Hyoyeon giggles and snuggles further into Sooyoung's embrace. "What is it, mom?"

Sooyoung smiles again and points at the tires. "Yeonnie, do you know that there are 6 important things we can learn from car tires?"

Hyoyeon turns her head to her mom, confused and curious. "I don't know that..." the little girl admits with a frown, making Sooyoung grins.

"Who's smarter, Mrs. Kwon or this tire?" Hyoyeon rolls her eyes. Now, Hyoyeon knows Mrs. Kwon, her teacher might have her own share of idiocy but if compared to car tires? Of course, her teacher is way smarter!

When Hyoyeon is about to say it, Sooyoung laughs a hearty laugh. "Of course your teacher is smarter. But watch these tires carefully and their traits.

"First, tires are always consistent. They never change to square, oval, or even triangle. They stay. The tires on Uncle Taeyeon's motorcycle, Yoona's bicycle, or even the planes, they always stay the same."

Hyoyeon nods slowly. "That's right.. how about the second?"

Sooyoung beams a smile before continuing, "Second, tires will always have the toughest situation. When there are some holes on the road, tires were the first to go through it.

"When there's a flood, they will also have direct experience. Even when there's some - I mean animal's poo or even animal corpse, who's the first to go through it?"

"I know! It's the tires right, mom?" She answers enthusiastically. Sooyoung ruffles Hyoyeon's hair lovingly, praising her daughter. Little do they know that a certain short woman is standing on the door, watching them silently.

Sunny watches with a fond smile, her heart flutters at the sight of her wife and her daughter bonding together.

Sooyoung pokes her daughter's cheek, smiling as she giggles. "That's right! Third, tires always have to endure the heaviest load. Whether the car is full of passenger or not, they always bear a load. Try to remember it."

Hyoyeon nods again, this time slower than the former. "I feel bad for tires..." She muses.

"It is their job," Sooyoung gravely responds, "Ah, where were we?"

"Fourth!" Her daughter chimes in, twisting around on her lap.

"Fourth, tires are not arrogant. They will happily work together as a team. When the driver pressed the gas pedal, tires will go together. When the driver pressed the brake, they will stop along together. Imagine if a tire doesn't want to work together."

Hyoyeon frowns at the thought. "Scary..." She says quietly. "I also don't want to think about it," Sooyoung agrees.

"Fifth, even though tires are very useful, they stay humble. They let people praise the other parts of the car, but not itself."

"Huh? Why? How?" Hyoyeon asked, confused by Sooyoung's statement.

"Do you remember the car shows a week ago?"

Hyoyeon nods enthusiastically. "Yes, we entered some of them!"

"Exactly." Sooyoung nodded. "What do you remember from the Porsche we looked?"

"Comfy seats," She answers simply. Her answer caused both of her parents to chuckle.

Shaking her head, Sooyoung pats Hyoyeon's head lovingly. "Any others?"

"The steering wheel is cool."

"What about the tires?"

"...I didn't even notice it," she admits shyly.

Sooyoung chuckles again. "That's okay. People tend to overlook the tires, despite them being one of the important assets of a car. Hey, even a cool car like Ferrari can't even move a meter without tires." Sooyoung stands, carrying Hyoyeon by her arm to the terrace. She points at her car.

"Lastly, how good and great a car or bicycle you have, without any working tires, you can never arrive at your destination."

Sunny came up with a plate of cakes and three glass of tea. She smiled at the two before placing the tray on a table beside Sooyoung.

"What your mom wanted to say is," Hyoyeon skipped over to Sunny, happily burying herself within her mother's embrace.  "When you're already an adult, even when you have to face more problems than your friends, going through muds, obstacles, or doesn't even receive any praise when you already worked hard harder than your friends, and always bear a burden on your shoulder, stay consistent with the kindness you gave, keep working together with others, keep humble and never praise yourself too much like this shikshin." Sunny flicked the grinning Sooyoung on her shoulder. Hyoyeon giggles to her mother's chest, amused by her parents' antics.

"The most important thing is, be a mover wherever you are. Be that pillar of strength, that someone important."

Kissing both of her beloved's forehead, Sooyoung whispers faintly to Hyoyeon's ears. "That's what I mean about there are things we can learn from tires for our life."