First Stop

Missed Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clariel

I scanned my surroundings as my brother, Caius, and my friends surveyed an empty hardware store. We were lucky. The hardware store was not picked clean like the other shops. There were pocket knives, screwdrivers, even bottles of suncreen lying around in the abandoned building. Jihae, my best friend, ran up to me, "I think everything's clear." I nodded, "Good, I think we can rest here for a while." I knew our stay here probably would not be long as walkers or bandits eventually force them out. Rest of the group came out of the store and walked toward me.

"Jihae and Britany, pick up some supplies, we're running low. Jason and Henry, you're on guard duty. Caius and I will go hunting." Everyone nodded and went off to their assigned tasks. I sighed and turned to my brother, "You know you can lead once in a while too, you're oldest." Caius chuckled and patted me on the head. "I'm not even half as bossy as you." I scoffed, and walked off towards the green forest ahead of them. I wasn't always the team's leader, but I went through hell to prove myself. I loaded my shot gun and made sure all my knives were strapped securely inside my jacket. We were low on ammo. Dammit, I cursed in my head. Ammo was hard to come by.

As we crept through the forest quietly, I saw a few rabbit corpses lying by the bushes, all gnawed to the bloody bones. Walkers must have gotten to them first. I sighed and said,

"Looks like they ate pretty much everything. " Something moved in the trees above us.

"Or not." Caius whispered. A fat pigeon landed on a tree branch above us. I placed my finger on the trigger and aimed my gun at the bird. I stopped breathing. Just as I was about to pull the trigger, the bird took off. I shot three times in the bird's direction, all three bullets missed. "Hey, chill." Caius put his hand on the gun to keep me from shooting any more bullets. I growled in frustration. We hadn't have fresh food in months, always dried jerky or crackers. We continued our walk through the greens.

Suddenly, a scream rang in the distance. It was a boy.  Caius and I looked at each other with worry.

"Should we check it out?" I said to my brother.

"No." He said sternly.

"But he needs our help! We don't let people die without trying, you know what happened before!"

Ignoring his pained expression at my words, I ran off towards the scream. I couldn't forgive myself ever since Dara was bitten. It was either my brother or Dara, I chose Caius. It haunted me for months. As I ran past a giant oak tree, I stopped short. Walkers crowded around a fallen tree log. Inside the empty log, I could make out the shadow of a boy. He let out soft whimpers as the walkers pounded at the log, unable to escape. I led out a loud whistle. "Over here you stupid idiots!" I knew walkers were attracted noise, so I made as much noise as I can.

As the group of walkers closed in on me and away from the boy, I ran like hell.

***

Baekhyun

My eyes got wider and wider as the zombies closed in on the girl. I was terrified. I didn't have a gun, not that I knew how to use one either. I was separated from my band members as a herd of wallkers, as people called them, attacked us. Being the coward I was, I was the first one to run. I was ashamed, but more scared than anything. Despite being kick- at kapkido, fear always got the best of me.

I huddled there in the moist, disgusting tree log for God knows how long. I flinched as sound of gunshots rang through the forest. I hoped the girl was okay. She looked strong. Definitely strong enough to outrun a horde of walkers, I thought. Suddenly someone grabbed the back of my shirt and dragged me out of the log. A hand went over my mouth before I could scream. I struggled against the hands that were holding me.The hands finally let  go as I managed to stand on my feet. I whipped around to see who or what it was, ready to run for it. But it wasn't a walker, it was the girl who saved me. I sighed with relief

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter