lunches

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter eight: lunches

A smile came over Mark’s lips without him even realizing it as he listened to Jae Ah tell him a story of what had happened that day. He enjoyed hearing her talk, hearing her voice. It wasn’t an overly high voice, but actually on the lower side, but it still held that cheerful tone.

 

                 Jae Ah trailed off when she noticed Mark smiling at her. Her heart skipped a beat as she avoided his gaze, her cheeks tinting red. “Why are you staring at me?”

 

                 Mark looked back to the front, swallowing, “You were talking.”

 

                 Jae Ah glanced at him, smiling, “Right. So, how did you meet Jin Young?”

 

                 Mark’s gaze lifted to the clear blue sky as he thought for a moment, “My parents were close with his. When my parents passed away, I was left with Jin Young’s family.” He could see the surprise on her face and he didn’t particularly like it. People often looked at him with pity when he told of his parents and it irked him to no end.

 

                 “Your parents passed away?” Jae Ah asked with a quieter voice. “I’m sorry. It must have been hard on you.” Mark didn’t reply to her and she glanced at him again before speaking, “I know it was hard for me and Jaehyun when my dad left us.”

 

                 Mark faltered in his step, taken back, “Left?”

 

                 Jae Ah slowly nodded, her tone not as cheerful as before, “Yeah. I don’t know why. He just got up and left us.” She went quiet after, deep in thought.

 

                 Mark felt an urge to make her feel better, to make her smile again. He could feel his wolf howling in him, wanting to comfort his mate. His left hand twitched at his side. Her hand was swinging so close to his that he just needed to reach out a few inches to take it into his.

 

                 “I don’t remember him much.” Jae Ah spoke again, and he quickly looked forward. “I was like 10 or something. I mean, I remember but it’s not like I mourn over him leaving. Maybe he has a new family now.”

 

                 Mark’s wolf called out within him, telling her that she had a new family too, with his pack. “You and Jaehyun looked really close.”

 

                 “Yeah.” A fond smile came over her lips and Mark was glad. “He’s my best friend. He followed me here, you know, to this college. I came here because of Jinwoo oppa but he actually followed me here.”

 

                 Mark felt a surge of anger, “What?” She looked at him, confused at his sudden change of tone. “You came here for…”

 

                 “Jinwoo oppa?” She repeated and Mark physically flinched but turned away in time to hide it. “Yeah. We’ve only been together for a year but we’ve been friends since childhood. Jaehyun was really helpful but Jinwoo oppa was there for me, too. And for that, I’m really grateful to him.”

 

                 Mark couldn’t ignore the pain that was spiking in his heart at her words. He should have been there for her, not Jinwoo. He was being given new reasons to hate the boy every second he spent with Jae Ah.

                 

                 Jae Ah stopped walking and pointed to her side at a small café they had been walking past, “Want to eat here? I love small shops.”

 

                 Mark nodded silently and she walked in first with him following. Now that he could see how much her adoration of Jinwoo went, he was having different urges. Urges to get rid of Kim Jinwoo.

 

                 They took a seat at one of the empty tables near the door and Jae Ah waved at the worker as she came to them. The café wasn’t large at all and was fairly empty even though it was lunch time. The tables and chairs all wooden, were a light brown with pastel colored decorations decorating the shop. The worker that Jae Ah had called over didn’t look much older than them, and was automatically taken to Mark.

 

                 “What would you like?” She smiled brightly, her eyes on the dark haired boy.

 

                 Mark ignored her stare, looking down at the menu instead. He was used to people looking at him. Mark wasn’t ignorant to how often humans paid attention to his looks. He knew that he did look pretty handsome but amongst GOT7, he found himself as average.

 

                 Jae Ah’s smile was forced as she ordered what she wanted to the girl who wouldn’t look away from Mark. The girl wasn’t that even pretty, in Jae Ah’s eyes. Her lipstick was too bright and her eyes oddly shaped. She felt a sort of irritation rise in her as the last word of her order came out as more of a snap than anything else.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter