Chapter One

Do You Remember Me? [Original Title: REMEMBER ME]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt like the world came crashing down her, and there was a searing pain in her head, as if someone decided to set the insides of her skull on fire. But it wasn't just any normal fire.

An enternal fire.

She felt so much pain, it was hard to think, and it was getting harder to breath. , she tried to clutch her head in her hands, but she felt something sticky and warm instead.

"Someone call the ambulance!"

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"Where are your parents? We need to call them!"

Every noise that surrounded her blurred, and it didn't help that the pain was getting worse, it hurt, it hurt, it hurt...

"Everyone get out of the way!"

She felt herself getting lifted, but it didn't seem very important, her head did, because it hurt so much, the pain was too much...

"Does anyone know what happened?"

"I-I'm so s-s-sorry, I didn't see her, I was late to pick up my child at daycare, I tried to stop the car, but she didn't get out of the way, she just stood there...her expression, she looked so horrified, I'm so sorry, at least let me talk to her parents..."

"Is there anyone that actually knows her?"

There was a distant conversation, but the pain in her head made it hard for her to concentrate. She tried to rip her eyes open with a grunt, but the doctors and nurses around her hushed her and quickly got her in the vehicle.

One look at her hands was all it took for her to almost faint.

Oh my gosh, so much blood, blood is everywhere...

And there was one voice, so familiar, that she heard, before she passed out.

"Yoon Seoyoung, listen to me, don't you dare die."

And then everything went black.

-------

She never felt so happy in her life.

There it was, one of the most beautiful instruments she ever laid her eyes on, waiting on display. Even though it was covered in dust, it carried an aura that seemed to urge her to play it, cherish it, love the sound it can produce...

But it was kind of stupid, she never knew what it was called. 

When she entered the winery, she was amazed by its beauty. A rich person must own the place, because it was litterally a mansion. She gave a smile to the person up front, greeting her, and then her eyes landed on the instrument.

It was definitely beautiful. She knew how to play it, how to take care of it...but she just didn't know what it was called.

"Do you want to play that?" a voice asked behind her. She spun around and saw the same person she greeted before. Up close, she realized that she was around her fifties, wrinkles creasing around her sparkling eyes. 

"Ne, I would love to, ahjumeoni," she whispered, breaking eye contact with it for just a moment to respectfully look at the aged woman.

"Go ahead, it's been a while since anyone played such a wonderful instrument." Her eyes immediately widened with excitement as she bowed to her. "Gomabseubnida," she replied breathlessly at the smiling woman.

Cautiously, she approached it, and her fingers brushed the wooden instrument, dust fluttering everywhere. Her finger was already a dark gray, but she ignored it, seeing the glossy instrument underneath all of the filth. Holding her breath, she found a nearby cloth and started to get rid of the soot.

Even though it probably took her five minutes, she had a satisfied smile on her face when she saw the glossy wood. It was the first time a poor person like her ever had the chance to touch something that probably costed so much.

"So you're going to play the cello?"

A cello.

That was what the instrument was called. A cello. It sounded nice, and it fits such a large instrument too.

With the same smile on her face, she nodded, turning around to see a man, no, a boy, barely an adult, who looked just a few years older than her.

"It's been a while since I heard that cello. Seven years seem to fly by quickly..." he scratched the back of his neck, and then sat down on a nearby sofa. "Well then, what are you waiting for?"

She glanced at him before she took a step closer to the cello, dusting the seat that she had to sit on. She released the breath that she had held in for so long, and then started to tighten the bow. With a firm bow hold, she tried to relax her arm, while her fingers started to prepare herself for the song she had in her mind. She tested the aged strings, surprised that it was almost in tune. She just needed to turn the fine tuners a bit here and there, and then she was finally ready.

Taking a breath, she started to play Bach's No. 1 Cello Suite in G major. 

Even though her vibrato was a bit shaky, she was amazed by the sound the cello could produce.

She grinned, happy at the serene feeling she had. It seemed all too soon when she finished the first movement of the piece.

Her head whipped up when she heard an applause. There were people who were looking at her with satisfaction, and the boy, who smiled softly at her. "Hey, you aren't so bad," he told her. She looked at him, noticiing his police uniform. 

"You come here regularly?" she blurted out. 

"I have to stay here as part of my shift. It isn't that bad, considering my grandparents own the winery here."

"Wow, you must be so happy, living as a rich family..." she sighed. He looked at her strangely as she continued. "I hardly have enough food to feed myself, let alone my family. And my eczmea is killing me, litterally, I wake up to find dried blood on my arms..."  

"You know, you should come here more often, my grandparents can pay you for every song you play here," he said brightly.

Her eyes widened more at his countenance, his larg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter