Final

We're Still Healing

The war was over.

It ended five years ago.

But there are still battles to be won. 

 

Yoongi was young when the war started, too young really. To be lifted out of his home and brought to a strange planet already populated by a slow and primitive race. More violent, corrupt, and power hungry than he’d really like to think about. But whatever. 

He passed his citizenship test required for his kind at 16, that allowed him to join the armed forces and fight along side so many people he knew in order to defeat a common evil. 

He never got out of training and into the frontline. The war ended when he was 18. I guess it was his fate to never really see battle. 

He continued his career in the military and found himself in their criminal investigation service as a street officer and eventually an agent with his own team. 

It consisted of four people, including himself. The first person assigned to his team was a guy who, on paper, sounded like he belonged behind a desk as an analyst. But this, Namjoon, his ability to make weapons out any kind of technology was too good to pass up. Considering how humans always have a piece of it in their pocket. 

Second person, Taehyung he had run into a few times and felt a little weird that he was placed on his team but he could took what he got. What he got was a unassuming double ability, happens when one person gets two abilities. It’s rare but not unheard of. Taehyung, has the ability to bend the earth and sound. In short, he can move mountains and make thunder just to scare the crap out of you. 

Third person was too wet behind the ears for his liking, but the higher ups thought he was a good fit for the team. Jung kook, younger than most agents but his ability of making illusions turned out to be insanely useful. 

Yoongi’s own ability remaining a mystery to many people except members of his own team, he didn’t rely too much on his abilities unlike the others of his kind. Yoongi brandished swords, visible only to himself and others that he himself choose to see. It was used as a surprise in certain situations, others as a warning. He mostly used a gun or hand to hand combat in the field, never using his swords unless necessary. Despite the fact that his swords are indestructible and cut through anything like if it was butter.

--

There are days that Yoongi forgets that the war ended 5 years ago. It took so much of his life, and each day he feels like he is still fighting just to be alive. He was still carrying the weight of a bomb and a gun. 

His team had been operational for about 10 months when his team was reassigned to a new analyst team. The analyst team that gave them their assignments/cases, the ones who sat safe behind a desk while they look for threats while the team was on assignment. 

This analyst team was being lead by an analyst that had more experience than Yoongi had, which was great because the leader of the previous team he had was a moron and younger than him. Jin was his name and they hit it off pretty well considering they would be talking a lot. The second and third people on the analyst team Yoongi didn’t really bother with since they would have short interactions over telecom lines while he was out in the field. 

--

Yoongi didn’t know what happened, it was a routine thing they did. Just mandatory patrol for all the teams. The last thing he remembered was telling Taehyung that this was a waste of time. Then nothing. He remembered something hurt, a lot. He woke up in the hospital, nursing a few broken bones and an pounding head. 

“What the hell?” 

“Oh, you’re wake! How we feeling?” A nurse that happened to be checking his vitals said.

“Like I walked through hell and somehow made it back.” 

“Okay…um…do you need anything? Water? How’s your pain?”

“uh, yeah water, please. My head hurts.” 

“Okay, I’ll be back with some water and some pain medication for your head, okay? Just sit tight.”

It wasn’t like Yoongi was going to move, much less did he want to move. After the nurse left, he had so many questions like where the hell was he? What happened? His team? Are they okay? Why was this still happening? You don’t see human cops just getting…whatever the hell happened to him. After a few minutes the nurse returned with his water and what he assumed the doctor. 

“Hey Agent Min, how we doing?” The doctor asked. 

“Awful. What happened?” Yoongi asked.

“You were caught in an explosion, but luckily there were no causalities and you walked away with some broken bones.” 

“My team? I was with Taehyung is he okay?” 

“He’s fine. He walked away with some scraps, bruises, and ringing in his ears. You should be more worried about yourself, playing hero.” 

“What?” 

“Here, drink water. I’m going to give some pain medication, it’s going to make you drowsy. Just sleep, okay?” the nurse smiled. 

--

Yoongi felt a lot better when he woke up, the pounding of head was less and he felt like he could a least sit up. After being awake for about an hour with multiple tests to check if he was alright, the doctor walked with a kid with the brightest red hair he’d ever seen. 

“Agent Min, this is one of the analysts from the team you are assigned with, he’s here to debrief you okay?” The doctor said. I nodded. The doctor left after a short goodbye to the red haired analyst. 

“I didn’t know you could have such bright hair in the military.” Yoongi said.

“Technically, we’re no longer in the military. There is no dress code.” Huh. Yoongi didn’t know that. “Well, for analysts.” Oh. “I’m here to debrief you, since Jin couldn’t make it”

“I don’t remember anything.” 

“I know, that’s normal when people go through some severe trauma. I’m a touch sensitive so I can bring back some memory but before that happens, I’m Jimin.” 

Jimin. Huh, nice. “I assumed you didn’t know, considering you only ever talk to Jin, but that isn’t an only you thing. Jin calls Taehyung the weird one and Jungkook the baby one.” 

“And Namjoon?” 

“Just Namjoon.” 

“Huh. So, what do you need to know?” 

“What happened. Then, I’ll put in a file and an investigation will go underway. But all you need to worry about is getting better.” Jimin smiled. He has a nice smile.

“Okay. Ask away.” Yoongi sighed.

“First, I need you to close your eyes.” 

“Alright…” Yoongi said, closing his eyes.

“Now relax, and outstretch your arm towards me.” Yoongi did. “You need to focus on the sound of my voice…okay…what is the last thing you remember?” 

--

Jimin never touched people unless he couldn’t help it. His ability allowing to see and feel other people memories as though they were his own. He used to wear gloves to prevent this but the brushing of arms or legs in the summer would trigger it. He carried the burdens of others.

 

Yoongi is weird. That is the first thing that Jimin thinks when the debriefing is over. He heard the story from Hoseok who debriefed Taehyung, so he expected a story similar, which he got, that wasn’t the part that was weird. The weird part was how he just shrugged it all off, like he didn’t risk his life for someone, like if he didn’t do what he did all those people would have saved themselves. 

 

Jimin returned to his desk with a sigh, it was the first formal interaction with the elusive team leader Yoongi and he hoped he made a good impression. Because holy crap did Jimin have a crush. A full blown, think about them way too much, fantasize, and maybe a little creepy crush. He groaned, it was a stupid dare from freaking Taehyung to dye his hair this color since he could not. It didn’t help he was drunk and was asking all these questions about said friend’s boss. Didn’t help that the first thing Yoongi ever said to him was a comment about his hair. Jimin knew Yoongi didn’t know he existed, despite being more or less on the same team. He only ever talked to Jin and his own active teammates. Never ever has Yoongi ever said a word to Hoseok, much less Jimin (being the third member and all). Jimin groaned again. 

“So, how’d it go?” Hoseok said, holding a mug with his sunshine smile. 

Jimin groaned in reply. 

“Not good?” 

“No, I was professional. Only touched the broken memories, didn’t go near anything else. It was…easy.” 

“Oh, then what’s with all…this?” Hoseok gestured over the current mess that was Jimin.

“Ugh…no, no you don’t understand okay? This is freaking Yoongi! He is literally the most badass piece of fluff you’ll ever meet and he is…so great. I didn’t think I could fall for him even more.” Jimin let his head rest against his desk. 

“Wow, you liked him when he was a that didn’t even look our way and now that you have one professional conversation with him you like him even more?” 

“He was so nice and a humble piece of okay? He seemed like he didn’t push Taehyung out of harms way and saving an apartment complex of people by moving an explosive so he was only one injured when it went off.”

“Okaaay, I need to convince Jin to let you debrief Yoongi more.” Hoseok laughed out. 

“Shut up. I would hate you, cuz I’m pretty sure I would die okay.” Jimin blushed. 

--

It took 3 months for another interaction between Yoongi and Jimin. It was an easy case given to team that were just welcoming back their team leader. It was open and shut, easy and nice. Many people wish that they always had cases this easy but much to Jimin’s chagrin happiness it came time to debrief. He was usually assigned to Jungkook or Taehyung, which was easy for him considering their pretty much drinking buddies. But it was different this time, Jin thought it was time to shake things up so Hoseok was assigned ‘the baby one’ and Jin handled Namjoon and ‘the weird one.’ Which left Jimin being assigned to Yoongi. 

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, ohmygodohmygodohmygod” Jimin rambled as he walked down the hall into the debriefing room. Right before he entered he took a deep breath and walked in. 

If Jimin had any less self-control he probably would have groaned, loudly. But luckily he didn’t because that would have been embarrassing. Yoongi sat there wearing one nice suit with his tie hanging loose with some dried blood on his collar. It was so y. 

“Hey, your hair isn’t as bright.”  Oh, . What the hell was he supposed to say to that? 

“Back on the job, and already spilling blood?” What the hell was that? Oh God, he was such a loser. 

“Does it count if its mine?” Yoongi smiled, and leaned his elbows on the table. . “One of the guys punched me, causing a nose bleed.” 

“Oh…” 

If the earth could swallow him up now that would be great…

It took about three more debriefings until Jimin invited him out to drinks with Taehyung and Jungkook. Yoongi agreed. Two more nights of drinking together with the team for Yoongi to call a Jimin a friend. Nine months and a tough case made Yoongi realize something was up. 

Yoongi was scared. Terrified. Rattled deep to his bones. He was…falling for someone. It was the worst, he’d never felt this vulnerable ever since he was a child. Jimin was taking up a lot of his thoughts and occasionally hearing his voice in his ear when he was out in the field did not help. 

Jimin was in too deep, he was lost in everything that was Yoongi and he couldn’t be anymore happier and upset. Jimin never thought even for a second that Yoongi would ever accept him in real life. That was meant for his fantasizing late at night. 

Jimin’s hair was back to black when he confessed to Yoongi. Except Jimin and Yoongi were both -faced. 

“You know, I think you’re reeealllly cooooolllll” Jimin slurred. 

“Yeah?” Yoongi chuckled. It was just them, but he’s pretty sure the team was around at one point in time. 

“Mm-hmm…I mean you’re badass for one, then you dress like all James Bond met a grunge band. Like, dude who gave you the right?” Jimin finished his drink in hand. 

“Tch, like you’re any better…” Yoongi’s head fell back “For an analyst you work out to much, and it shows in your shirts by the way. Also, you’re hair is always looks good.” 

Jimin laughs and Yoongi joins in. 

“I think I’m falling in love with you…” Jimin sighed out. 

Jimin was met with silence. After a solid minute tears started flowing out his eyes followed by sobs. 

“P-ple-please, sa-say something. I-I n-need to kn-know you-you don’t h-hate m-me…” 

“Oh my god, what is wrong with you?” Yoongi said angrily. “You-You, ing Park Jimin is falling for me? I’m literally the worst ing person to fall for. You should go for Jungkook or Hoseok they're so much better for you than this piece of .” Yoongi gestured to himself. “I will only ruin you…and I don’t want to do that because you make me feel light and holy I haven’t felt like that since I left my home. I’m scared because I know you’re my home but in my experience they never last and I don’t want to do that to you.” 

Jimin quietly sobs next to Yoongi while he downs the rest of his drink. Then Jimin suddenly stops sobbing and grabs the bottle from Yoongi’s hand throws against the wall and it shatters. Jimin climbs onto Yoongi’s lap before he could say or do anything against it. Jimin grabs Yoongi’s head forces him to look into his eyes. 

“You-You’re f-falling for me t-to, huh?” Jimin forces a smile through the tears. Yoongi raises his hand to brush away the tears. 

“I really don’t want to, because I don’t-“

“Stop! You’re not going to ruin me. I’m not okay in the first place. Are you-Do you like me?” Jimin looked at Yoongi with this desperate look. 

“Yeah…yeah, I do like you Jimin.” 

Jimin then wrapped his arms around his neck and brought their lips together. It was Yoongi was returning home after so long like he could just drop everything. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jimin’s waist brought them closer together as the kiss heated up. 

“I’m never gonna leave you alone, Yoongi.” 

“Me neither, Jimin.” 

The team doesn’t let them forget their new status for the first few months of their relationship. Considering every single time the return from an assignment Jimin is waiting with a hug and a passionate kiss for the team leader. Regardless it is a welcome change. It was a new chapter for both of them. They were rebuilding a new and beautiful life. Together. 

 

--

Sorry for the rush ending.