(1/2)

RainDrops And Cake

Dots_Divider.png


Youngjae sat on the floor of the practice room, looking into the mirror in front of him. He was tired and stressed, but he had to stay longer than the other members because he couldn't get  one of the dance moves down correctly. Some of the other members insisted Youngjae to wait for tomorrow to practice the move again, but he knew if he didn't master the technique tonight he'd be incredibly behind tomorrow. For the last two hours he had been repeating the same dance move over and over again, because he knew he needed to get his technique down perfectly to match up with the other members. He didn't want to be more behind than he already is. 

 


Youngjae took a few more breaths before getting back on his feet to try the dance move again for probably the thousandth time. Their practice had ended earlier today, so he wasn't worried about being tired the next day, since he did have a little extra time to use to practice getting his technique down for tomorrow's practice.

 


It was getting pretty late past their usual end of practice, so Youngjae new he would have to end soon or else he just might have to start worrying about being tired in the morning. He repeated the dance about ten more times feeling pretty confident by now. He nods his head agreeing to himself  that he had practiced the dance good enough and has it fully down. Youngjae winks at himself in the mirror before walking over to the table at the side of the practice room,which held his water and towel on. 

 

 

Youngjae grabs the water bottle and starts to take a sip. The door to the practice room suddenly opens almost causing Youngjae to spill his water all over his face, but he managed to only spill a few drops on the side of his mouth. He glances over to the invader and then smiles once realizing it was Jaebum. 

 


Jaebum walks over to Youngjae reaching out his hands towards him, smiling that usual flashy smile at him. The appearance of Jaebum made Youngjae feel carefree, and less stress. Jaebum was like his healing medicine. Youngjae shows a tired smile before moving out of the way from the hug he was going to get from Jaebum, just to . 

 


Jaebum pouts, then attempts to hug Youngjae again, but fails. "Why doesn't my Youngjae want a hug?" Jaebum asks still showing his pouty face.

 


Youngjae chuckles, "I'm not in the mood, plus look at me, i'm sweaty," he says, then takes another quick sip of the water in his hands. 

 


Jaebum smirks then walks closer to the table behind Youngjae taking a hold of the unused towel into his hands, "I guess this will come in handy, wont it," he says shaking the towel around in front of Youngjae's face. 

 


Youngjae laughs, "Very funny, now give that to me," he says, then attempts to grab the towel out of Jaebum's hand.

 


Jaebum quickly moves his arm away causing Youngjae to miss at his attempt. Jaebum smiles and laughs, and starts running around the practice room holding the towel in the air teasing Youngjae. 

 


"Jaebum, stop please. I'm not in the mood for games right now. I'm getting tired and I just want to go back to the dorms quickly," Youngjae says being serious. 

 


Jaebum immediately stops in place, and walks over to Youngjae, "sit down," he says pointing to the ground gesturing for for Youngjae to sit down.

 


Youngjae sighs, then sits down on the floor, Jaebum doing the same. Youngjae sits leaning back onto his arms, legs spread out, while Jaebum sits in a lazy criss cross next to Youngjae. Jaebum scoots a little closer to Youngjae and then brings the towel up to Youngjaes forehead. Youngjae reacts, moving away taken aback.

 


"Yah, i'm not gunna bite," Jaebum says jokingly. 

 


Youngjae nods, then hesitantly moves back towards Jaebum. He didn't know exactly what he felt for Jaebum, but he defiantly doesn't hate their relationship, but sometimes he just felt nervous.

 


Jaebum takes the towel and starts gently dabbing Youngjae's forehead, wiping the sweat away, "All the other members went to sleep already," Jaebum says moving from Youngjae's forehead to his neck, "I stayed up...for you," he says looking into Youngjae's eyes, still wiping the sweat off Youngjae's neck.

 


Jaebum stops moving the towel when his eyes met Youngjae's. He noticed Youngjae swallowing hard as if he were nervous, and Jaebum took that as a good sign, that is until Youngjae broke the stare and quickly stood up looking away from Jaebum who was still sitting on the floor. 

 


"Who said you had to do that," Youngjae says still looking away from Jaebum secretly blushing, "I never told you had to stay up for me," he says, then runs out of the practice room. 

 


Jaebum sighs, before getting up and running after Youngjae. Jaebum looks around for Youngjae and sees him running out the back door, outside. He quickly runs over to the door, opens it and is met by the cold wet rain. He immediately sees Youngjae walking off into the distance with his hoodie on, he just so happen to have on that thin sweatshirt he was wearing. Jaebum didn't have any protection from the rain, but that didn't stop him. He ran after Youngjae.

 


"Youngjae!" Jaebum shouts as he got closer to him. 

 


Youngjae didn't respond, but it didn't shake Jaebum. He kept running towards him with all his might, even though it was pouring rain. He cared about Youngjae to much to let him go, if he didn't run after him, then Youngjae might never realize the feelings Jaebum had for him. 

 


Finally Jaebum had caught up to Youngjae. He reaches down to Youngjae's arm to stop him, but Youngjae stops in his place before Jaebum make complete action. 

 


Jaebum took this opportunity, "Youngjae, I didn't stay up for you because I felt like it was an obligation as leader, but rather I wanted to. I stayed up for you because I really wanted to," he says looking into Youngjae's tired eyes. 

 


Jaebum could see Youngjae's smile slightly appear, but it was a tired smile, and thats when he realized it was probably time to get Youngjae back to the dorms to sleep. He also didn't expect much of a respond from Youngjae because he was sure he knew that Youngjae wouldn't know how to respond in the first place. He was always so oblivious of Jaebums feelings towards the younger, so hearing such things from Jaebum might just scare or confuse the socks off the boy. 

 


But Youngjae wasn't scared at all, he might of felt confused a bit, since he felt a slight tug at his heart, but he excused it for just being tired. Youngjae always tries to ignore the little feelings he gets when he's with Jaebum, because he never knows if  Jaebum is being serious, or just teasing him. He felt bad for making Jaebum come all the way out here for him, and end up getting soaked for a stupid reason. He got nervous and embarrassed, so he walked out into the pouring rain. Nice one, he thinks to himself. 

 


Jaebum threw an arm over Youngjae's shoulders, and turns them both around back towards the dorm, "Lets get you back, I know you are more tired than you think," Jaebum says.

 


There was a moment of silence, but Jaebum didn't want to make it awkward for them, "You know, its hard for me to go to sleep when you're not next to me," he says in joking way so that Youngjae wouldn't be any more uncomfortable than he already might be, but he meant it. 

 


On the walk back Jaebum tries his best to make conversation, which he was good at, so there wasn't big problem. Youngjae starts laughing along with his jokes and making conversation along with Jaebum. They were back to normal.

 


When they reached the front door to the dorms Youngjae stops Jaebum from going in just yet. The smooth sound of the raindrops hitting the street floor could be herd clearly. 

 


Youngjae looks up to Jaebum, "Sorry for running out like that," he says.

 


Jaebum shakes his head, "Its fine, I came after you cause I wanted to," he says teasing Youngjae.

 


Youngjae laughs, "But you got soaked. You might get sick," Youngjae says worried.

 


"I'll be fine, I'll just go take a quick warm shower, then go to sleep. You can wait for me right?" Jaebum says smirking in a joking way, "You should warm up to. You have some raindrops on your nose," he says, poking Youngjae's nose. 

 


Youngjae nods, then they both walk inside the dorm quietly. 

 


They both walk into their room. Jaebum walks over to the closet to get a some clean dry clothes, while Youngjae walks over to their bed and sits down. Youngjae watches as Jaebum ruins the nicely folded pair of sweats he pulled out from his drawer, placing them over his shoulder along with his T-shirt. Jaebum gets the last few things, then walks over to the door. 

 


Before exiting the room Jaebum glances over to Youngjae, "Change, then get some rest. I'll be out soon," he says, then smiles before he exits the room. 

 


Youngjae sighs, then does as what Jaebum said. He threw off  his soaked sweatshirt, and somewhat damp shirt, and put on a new one, followed by his pants and so forth. Once he was done changing he walks back over to the bed and gets under the covers. Youngjae's spot was close to the wall, so he scooched him self over, laying on his side towards the wall. He closes his eyes, but sleep doesn't come easy. He could clearly hear the shower on, in the room next to theirs. He wonders if any of the other members had woken up. He'd hoped not cause then he would feel bad. He already felt bad enough causing Jaebum to get soaked from the rain. 

 


Suddenly the thought of what Jaebum had said back there came to mind, and Youngjae curled up into a little ball under the covers feeling a little shy.. "He stayed up cause he wanted to," Youngjae whispers to himself under the covers, as he smiles like an idiot without noticing. 

 


Suddenly the sound of the shower turning off makes Youngjae snap out of it. He waits patiently for Jaebum to enter back into the room and pretends to be  asleep.

 


Jaebum quietly opens the door, and tips toes over to the bed. Before actually getting in bed he leans over to Youngjae, "You still awake?" he whispers, but no reply. He knew he probably wouldn't be, since Youngjae was a fast sleeper, and usually falls asleep really quickly.

 


Jaebum moves away from Youngjae, then slides himself gently into bed next to him. Jaebum was so glad that he had gotten paired up with Youngjae to share dorm rooms with back then, he was also glad that the room they had gotten was to small for two beds, and all the other members were fighting for the bigger rooms. He was glad that out of all the members Youngjae was the only one who was willing to share a bed. he loves being close to Youngjae. Being the leader he could of easily gotten one of the bigger rooms, but also being leader was to take responsibility and be willing to give sacrifices for the sake of the other members happiness. He really didn't mind.

 


Youngjae smiles to himself knowing Jaebum was in bed next to him now. He felt warmer, and it felt right. Jaebum was right about him being a fast sleeper, but he is only a fast sleeper when Jaebum is next to him. And soon enough within minutes the both of them had fallen alseep with positive thoughts.

 

 

 

Dots_Divider.png

 

giphy.gif So finished the first chapter! Hope you are excited for the next chapter. I know I am! Excuse any mistakes.