finished

쿨 팔레트 (Cool Palette)

All that Yoongi can exactly see are the colors of a cool palette. Hues of blue undertones and washes of grey cover the surroundings that his eyes may land on. The walls, once a crisp white, have the sadness depicted in them the feelings that Yoongi’s heart holds.  Everything is cool, everything is blue – everything is sad.

He can’t pinpoint when this visual change began, but he can pinpoint the reason of his sadness. Yoongi has been ‘blue’ before, but that was metaphorically speaking. But this, this was coldness that chilled him to his bones. The kind of cold that makes you ache when you get out of bed on a below zero snow day. But, it was the middle of June, and snow hasn’t graced the ground in over three months.

It’s been exactly two weeks and four days since the coldness swept through his mind, body, and heart. This constant snowstorm keeps him in a daze as if his brain is clouded with the lack of visibility during a blizzard.  He’s not so much lost, but maybe a bit emotionless and well, frozen in a state of mind that can’t be easily shaken off.

He’s thought about this for those long and bitter four-hundred-and-thirty-two hours. Sitting on this exact same couch cushion that if two weeks ago, Yoongi would have described as brown. But it’s not, it’s black, and it’s cold and uncomfortable despite him taking naps on it prior. The curtains are no longer a pristine and vibrant yellow that Taehyung had once suggested to, “Brighten up the place”, but a dull and off-putting shade of blue. They wrinkle over the air conditioner, flowing and airily dancing with each gust of wind.

But, the AC is no longer comforting in what should be infamous Korean Summer heat, but rather, a breathtaking frigidness that keeps his fingertips cold, and nose red. He’s alone in their small apartment, clothes scattered everywhere, a pile with hues blended together that each piece molds into the next becoming seemingly indistinguishable.

Blue. Dark blue. Black. Grey. Blue. Grey. 

It never ends, and with each passing day, the hours grow longer and more unbearable.

It’s because Yoongi has been sitting home without Park Jimin for these utterly distaining days. Jimin went to training, some opportunity to enhance his dancing skills with Hoseok and Jungkook. They’re not far apart, technically. But, they’re not allowed to see each other with conflicting schedules. Though, Jimin is the busy one and Yoongi doesn’t want to interrupt his opportunity to increase his skill, to increase his popularity, to increase everything that can make him into a star on his own without Bangtan. Yoongi likes to think of himself as selfless because of those given reasons.

Nonetheless, it doesn’t necessarily mean that Yoongi doesn’t crave for Jimin’s brightening smile and always-too-warm touch. He does, he really does, and Yoongi gets a flutter in his heart when he would receive the occasional text from the younger, but, it doesn’t completely and thoroughly warm his heart like Jimin usually does.

That’s why everything is blue, and this coldness are the remains of Yoongi being too reliant on Jimin to be happy, and Jimin being too happy all the time. How Jimin can easily make Yoongi smile with his arrogant-like smirks that make his melting eyes close. It’s what makes Yoongi absolutely adore Jimin, and Yoongi isn’t quite sure why Jimin adores him as well, but he thinks it’s probably left unsaid.

Jimin makes everything okay, at least for a while. But, that short glimpse of happiness that Yoongi may receive from being with the shaggy haired boy is enough to get him through anything… As long as Jimin is by his side the entire time – hand in hand, conquering the world together.

Fire and Ice? 

Maybe that’s too cheesy, and way too far-fetched. They’re not perfect individuals, and they’re definitely not perfect together, but, most of the time they are. Yoongi likes to think that maybe they somehow split the annoying times evenly with fighting and loving each other unconditionally. It’s probably untrue, but it’s what Yoongi likes to think – especially when resolving very dumb fights that are brought on by fatigue and famish.

It’s okay though, they’re okay, and they’ll probably always be okay – if they’re always together. Because, frankly, it’s times like these when Yoongi is the most desperate to feel Jimin’s thick lips warm his entire core in more ways than one. He misses the lust, passion, hot breaths, and too hot touches whenever the air conditioner decides to shut down. But, it’s what makes Yoongi see colors again in a brighter palette than the one that is currently fogging his mind.

When apart, Jimin is the sun, and Yoongi, well, he’s probably lightyears away from said sun.  Unable to feel the heat, the warmth, and unable to see the light that could easily brighten his life. But, when they’re together, they’re heated and well endeared into each other’s lives and emotions. They’re not made for each other, but they fit well enough that they tell each other that under dark covers, and between stolen kisses.

They haven’t said they love each other, because that, is something unexplored by Yoongi. However, when Jimin arrives at exactly three o’clock on the fourth day into the incomplete third week, Yoongi sees warmth again.

When Yoongi sees Jimin, he sees his sun, his fire, his complete and utter support in whatever life may throw at him. Yoongi knows he loves Jimin, but he doesn’t know how to utter them into kind words that would take their relationship to the next level. Though, he thinks their relationship is stable as it is, and can’t imagine changing it for a long time.

“Hey, hyung.” Jimin smiles, phone in hand, and gym bag in other – a color that Yoongi hasn’t seen in awhile, red.

“Hey, you.”

He reaches out for his exposed arm, dark and inviting. His fingers touch his soft skin, covered in a small layer of moisture from the uninviting heat outside, and Yoongi immediately feels warmth.

He feels the heat radiate onto his cold fingertips that Jimin slightly flinches from, creating goosebumps. It spreads, it spreads to his core and his once chilled bones. And for once, once out of these seemingly three weeks, Yoongi feels warm, sees warmth, and sees Jimin.

“Hyung,” Jimin starts, “Your hands, they’re so cold!”

"Yeah,” Yoongi laughs, “They are, aren't they?”

Yoongie ignores the younger’s face when pulling him down, embracing the warmth with open arms, and closing his around Jimin – the one that helps him feel more than just abrasiveness.