FINAL

Revive Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Isn't it a bit stupid that you let the most important person in your life leave you without a single goodbye? That was one big blinking question that always made you wonder why you did not deserve a single explanation. It does not matter what else does she say. The explanation is important but that is one thing that she did not at least give. There are too many questions hanging that is wanting to be answered: What happened to us? What happened to the promise of "forever"? Have you been thinking of leaving me right in the beginning? Am I not worthy of fighting for? Risking for? Or you just realized that you should not have loved me from the start?

Sehun hoped it was hard for Soojung as it was hard for him, too. He hoped that it hurt her like death as it was for him, too. The pain she gave him was nothing like the physical pain he always bring himself with. It was like he was given the unfair treatment of living his life. At the time that she was gone, he tried to live as normal as possible: work for his own living and for their uncertain future, smile that was forcedly tilt up to save others from asking him if he's okay, eat just for the sake of eating, breath to remind himself he was still human even though deep inside he was broken and rotten. But acting normal in the day does not heal the wounds at night. He was always in a pillow talk and crying himself to sleep. Sometimes, alcohol helps slip away the pain temporarily almost telling him as if it did not happen.

The two years that he thought he finally moved on was the day she arrived in his life again and it hit him hard. He believed the thought that his feelings are long gone but that it not the truth. He was still deeply in love with her. He fought every nerve and muscle in his body not to hug and kiss her and drag her away to talk. He would be lying if he ever said that he had forgotten his pending questions and he would just let fate to answer it for him. The way she acted as if nothing happened between them confused him. Are they still together? Did she just leave for the sake of finding her own sanctuary? Is it like that? Does her "leaving" just a phase in their relationship? As they had their talk and fights, he finally accepted the ing truth that they are finally over and was finally stuck at being best friends again. Really, "best friends" is forever unless they got into a relationship. It was a bull excuse. He doesn't think it will be like normal again for him. If he was ever gonna be present in Oscar's awarding night, for sure he will receive the "Best Actor" award for pretentious best friend for a lifetime.

There was still the pain and betrayal but staying as friends was better rather than losing her forever in his life.

 

 

Sehun was drawn away from his laptop when he heard the minimal noise of a bell chime. His lips automatically stretched into a smile and his heart leap as he rolled towards his window and pulled the curtains up. Seated at her own window pane just a few feet away from his own window was the love of his life, Soojung. She's wearing his favorite smile and his favorite sweater of hers. It was like she was wearing everything that Sehun has expected for him to see. Hey, isn't it a bit playful for destiny to make each other as neighbors? There was a thin line of nylon at each ends of their windows and they only need to pull (reason for having the bell chime) if ever they wanted to see or talk to each other. It was like a highschool student's game but for Sehun, it was the game that holds his life into it's normality again. 


I GOT ALL TIME LOW TOUR TICKETS!!!\m/


Sehun felt as if icy water was splashed on him as he read her white board. It was punch right in the gut when he re-read the message. She already have tickets that he bought the first thing the tickets went on sale. He knew really how much of an All Time Low fan she is and she's ever willing to sacrifice her hectic schedule to buy one and go to the concert. So he saved her some time and already bought her tickets (two for the both of them). And now, he felt someone just smacked his head hard. Why didn't he just gave it to her the first time it was delivered so the concert date would be his already? Now, a er was going to go with her. Great. Just great. His smile almost faded but he tried to stretch it even more to show he was as ecstatic as she is. Wow, Sehun. I'm amazed. How could you do that, really?


CONGRATULATIONS!! #LUCKYGIRL I THOUGHT THEY WERE SOLD  OUT ALREADY??


Will Sehun make the mistake of knowing the person behind it? He doesn't think he can stand the truth. Of course, Soojung is a beautiful and intelligent woman. She's quirky and everyone's dream girl; Most importantly, single and available and it wasn't a secret to him that she has men lined up to date her. And Sehun? Been there. Done that. Did that. And now he was out of line.


LUCKY ME!!! HAHAHAHA OMG IM GOING TO SEE MY BOYS ALREADY!! NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I THOUGHT THAT IM GOING TO SEE THEM LIVE! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! SHOULD I DO JUST BRING MY CAMERA WITH ME? OH WAIT! OMG! IM GOING TO LET THEM SIGN MY ALBUMS! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM!!!!!!


Sehun felt the incredible pulling force upon seeing her hype mood. Now, his lips was into a permanent bright smile. What matters is she is happy even if he is not the reason of it. He could play the night without showing how much he is hurting just for her sake. Knowing her, she could really go on and on until she's tired and her voice is fading.


IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! YOUR DREAM JUST FINALLY CAME TRUE! <3 YOU REALLY SHOULD THANKED THE PERSON WHO GAVE YOU THOSE!!!!


Sehun thought of burning the tickets but there are fans who'd really want to go so maybe he'll post it up on the internet and let some fans to enjoy theirselves because Sehun for sure wouldn't. 


I ALREADY GOT JESSICA UNNI SOME PRESENT! I SAID I'M GOING TO GIVE HER A BACHELOROTTE PARTY SHE WON'T EVER FORGET (SO I'M GOING TO NEED SOME OF YOUR HELP TOO HIHIHIHI!) <3 <3 SHE'S THE BEST SISTAH EVAH!!! SHE KNOWS MY STUFF!!!


JESSICA GAVE YOU CONCERT TICKETS?!?! :O


Soojung laughed; Sehun's heart explodes. 


IKR?! I WAS SHOCKED TOO! I EXPECTED SHE'S GOING TO PISS ME OFF AGAIN FOR LETTING THE CONCERT PASS WITHOUT ME BEING A PART OF IT. WEDDING JITTERS PROBABLY? LOL SHE GOT ME TWO BTW. WANNA WATCH WITH ME? :) 


Soojung winked and shake her board playfully; Sehun blinked and let some time pass.


HEY! YOU'RE GOING TO COME WITH ME OKAY!!


ARE YOU SURE? ISN'T THERE SOMEONE ELSE YOU WANTED TO WATCH IT WITH? :O


DUH. WE'RE CONCERT BUDDIES FOR LIFE, REMEMBER??! WE HAD A VOW THAT NO ONE WILL WATCH A CONCERT ALONE!!! GO WITH ME PLEASE!!! :3


HAHAHAHAHA NOT FORGOTTEN! YES. SURE! I'LL GO. :) #YOUSAIDPLEASEAWWW


LOL!! PICK ME UP AT 7PM # OKAY? THEN WE'LL PLAN FOR HER PARTY NEXT. XD <3


The night he thought he died was the night he was revived again. Often times he wonder if they're still best friends in her eyes. 

 

 

"Good evening, Miss." 

Soojung is so proud as her eyes roam around the interior of the Pastry Shop that she's in and she was in awe as she finally see the sketches come to life. This has been in the making since they were college since Sehun badly wanted to pursue his Grandmother's dream of making a Pastry Shop. Their awesome ability in the kitchen has been running in his blood since they're a family of cooks. 

Soojung let the employee assist her on her table and let her eyes appreciate every part of the shop. Seeing the success of this shop, it was indeed amazing and proud to say that she is somewhat related to the owner. Who would have ever thought that a cold and aloof guy like Sehun creates a very magical and delicious pastries that almost everyone falls in love for. His delicacies are known for its right taste and mixture: not too sweet but not too bland.

"Excuse me, uh where's Sehun Oh's office?" Soojung asked the employee which caused the latter to halt from her tracks and flashed her a confused gaze. She smiled, "Don't worry. I'm not a stalker or something. I'm Soojung, his best friend." She declared.

The employee scratched her forehead. "Soojung? Best friend? I know that was the name of his girlfriend." She eyed her thoroughly as if examining her from head to toe and she snapped her fingers with a shriek of surprise. "I remember you! You're the woman in the frames at his office! You had red hair that time and--"

Sehun cleared his throat loud enough for them to get their attention. The employee gasped out loud and lowered her head in embarrassment and of course to get away from his glare.

"I can get her from here. You can serve that table by the counter." Sehun commanded, a faint blush displayed on his face. He faced Soojung and bent down to kiss her cheek. "From the woman who hates surprises, you sure like surprising others."

Soojung's eyes darted at this beautiful creature standing in front of her. She can't help but for her eyes to scrutinize his beautiful genes. Her heart began skipping as her eyes darted at his newly dyed hair: anyone would have thought that his hair is as stiff as a twig but once you brush your hair on it, it was soft and smooth. Her eyes go down to his yummy broad shoulders: wearing a formal suit definitely suits him, then down to his y torso, you may notice that he may look so sleek and weak but once he take off those clothes, you could see bit muscles and that yummy flat stomach. Is it a sin to fantasize about a person like this? If she dared to go down to his pelvis, she would clearly have a mini heart attack. Those remarkable nights they shared ain't easy to forget. She can't help but to bite her bottom lip, probably her face as red as the red velvet theme of his shop.

"Come on, Soojung. Let's go to my office." Sehun tugged at her hand and dragged her to the basement, trying to get away from the unnecessary attention from his staff and customers. Well, it was the first time she visited the shop so it must be new for them to see a beautiful lady that made him act differently. When they entered his office, the employee was right. There are two frames overall. One solo of her during her college years and a couple picture of them at his desk. At one long divider, she saw awards and platinums rewarded for the shop. Isn't it amazing that this shop has only been running for two years and it already received prestigious awards?

"And what honor do I have for you to be here?" Sehun cleared his throat to get her attention. He's already seated on his multimillion leather couch with his legs crossed. He's trying hard not to let her know that he had seen her very interesting examination of his.

Soojung's heart started pounding hard and fast now that they're alone. She did not miss the sly smirk he had earlier before he shifted back to his blank expression. She brushed the non-existent dust on her skater skirt just before she looks at him again.

"I don't know what to say." Soojung cheekily smiled at him before she sat beside him, too close actually like there's no other spaces available much to his liking. He slung an arm on the arm chair while gazing at this chic woman seated beside him.

Sehun cocked an amused eyebrow. "Well, you can start by saying hello."

Soojung giggled. "Oh come on. Are you busy?"

"No." Sehun curled a few strands of her red hair behind her hair, "Where were you for the last three weeks?"

Soojung sheepishly grinned at him. "I was busy in the hotel. Too many events and bookings."

 

 

"Bluff." Sehun flicked her forehead. "Your mother asked your whereabouts from me. I don't know what to say actually. I told her you're out of town with your non-existent friends."

Soojung groaned and rested her head on his shoulder, childishly kicking his table. "You two always love ganging up on me. Why does my mother need to ask you when she can directly call me?"

"She knows you're not going to tell her no matter how hard she tries." Sehun rested his chin on top of her head as he played with her hair. "And for me, maybe because we both shared something in the past and she can't easily forget that...?"

Sehun's phone beeped and Soojung snatched it from his hands just before he could read the message. She hissed at him as she scrolled on his phone and read the message outloud.

"From Omonim. I've reserved dinner for four in a Italian Resto this evening. You think your friend can come?" Soojung narrowed her glance at him. "Okay. Tell me why are you eating with my mother? Why is her name still "OMONIM"? I bet the other one is my father so who's the other woman? Does she know her?"

"Which one do you want me to answer first?" Sehun tried to snatch his phone back but Soojung held on it tighter, arching an eyebrow and clearly demanding him to answer. He can't help but to sketch a boyish grin which she thinks is cute. "Can you chill? You act like a jealous girlfriend."

Soojung cleared as she slightly looked away. She gripped tightly on the handles of her bag that her knuckles almost turn white. "I'm not your girlfriend and most of all, I'm not jealous." But why does she feel a very weird feeling lingering on her stomach like all the butterflies died together with her heart beat slowly?

"I know." Sehun answered. "You can't ask me to stop meeting up with your parents, especially your mother. She's like a mother to me."

Soojung could hear the pain on his voice. Since Sehun was born without a mother, he was longing for a mother's tender love. "You know I'm not asking you that." 

For the awkward atmosphere between to be gone, she hurriedly fiddled on her purse to find her phone and scrolled something on it before shoving it at his face. "LOOK!"

Sehun leaned back with a furrowed eyebrows. She just shoved a another man's face on his face. Disrespectful. "And who is this prick?"

"What prick?!" Soojung hit him with a pillow which earned a soft laughter from Sehun. "He's Gikwang. A Math professor and we've been seeing each other for two weeks." She smiled gleefully.

"Wow. Two weeks? You probably like him." Sehun noted, ignoring the fact that his heart squeezed right through his rib cage causing him somehow hard to breathe. "We've met once and it took us two weeks to meet again and we had three years. Look at that!"

Soojung rolled her eyes. Of course she knows that. "He's different." She emphasised.

Something struck Sehun's heart at that phrase and feigned deaf. "Uh huh. Different? Why? Is he an alien?"

"Sehun..." Soojung warned him with a glare.

Sehun raised his hands up in defeat; Soojung put her phone back to her purse. "Okay, Miss. What do you want from me?"

"You see... He's going to be here in an hour. I told him that I'll introduce him the very delicious cupcakes in the city and the owner of this shop."

"Good. You're promoting my shop." Sehun exclaimed. "But I know that's not it. I guess there's more to that, knowing you."

Soojung sheepishly grinned, "I need you to pretend to be gay."

Sehun laughed hard at her favor. She was startled since that was the loudest laugh he hard ever had in the times that they're together. He does not know that she is capable of throwing jokes because most of the time, it was epic fails. After his laughter died down, he saw the seriousness on her face and he blinked, "You're not serious are you?"

"I AM!" Soojung exclaimed.

"That is something..." Soojung anticipated his next words, hoping for his agreement. "...something that I WILL NEVER DO."

"Oh come on!!" Soojung scowled.

Sehun stood up, totally disappointed at her favor. He can do everything for her but pretending to be gay is another thing. He's already been pretending to be her best friend and it was already hard for him so being gay is nothing he can do. He brushed his hand on his hair while his face contorted into a annoyed look matched up with furrowed eyebrows and forehead creased. "Are you out of your mind, Soojung Jung? If you need money, I'll give you my black card. If you need somewhere to stay, I can lend you my spare unit. You know I'll get you stars or moon or move mountains for you but what you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter