Notice Me

No More Nice Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That's her.

The girl of my dreams. Heaven incarnate.

Junmyeon sighed longingly as he caught a glimpse of Shim Jinri, President of the Culinary Club, intently whisking eggs and flour in a bowl in the Home Economics room, pushing her flour-spotted hair out of her face impatiently as if the only thing that mattered was the consistency and texture of the batter. Absolutely adorable. 

Now, Junmyeon wasn't the girl-crazy type to ogle at girls from strategic locations crouched surreptitiously behind pillars - this he saved only for this one special girl he had been admiring ever since he learnt of her existence.

He never gathered the courage to approach her nor had the fortune of getting acquainted with her, despite being the council president and a relatively well-liked chaebol of the school. Come to think of it, he wasn't acquainted with that many girls. He wondered why, but as soon as these thoughts surfaced, they dissolved almost instantly because only Shim Jinri mattered.

You could call it love at first sight. Junmyeon was dragged to the school charity bake by his friends one fine afternoon, being the soft-hearted pushover he was (he couldn't find it in himself to say no to Maknae Sehun's buing buing nor defy Kris Dui Zhang's fiery intense look). The moment where he paused by the strawberry shortcake booth to have a sampling was one that would forever be immortalized in his mind. The President of the Culinary Club herself was carefully icing the cake with her slender and lithe hands, biting her plump lower lip in concentration.

And he found himself staring at her in rapt silence.

"H-hi," Junmyeon found himself stammering out in mortification when she finished the icing and looked up in surprise.

"Hello," She blinked back, brushing her hands absent-mindedly on her uniform, leaving creamy smears on her uniform and cracked him a sweet smile that crinkled her eyes up. "Would you like to sample this strawberry shortcake?"

I would like to sample you, Junmyeon's mind instinctively sprang out a lewd reply which, in all honesty, sounded more apt coming out from Jongin's mouth and his own erted thoughts shocked him into silence, making him gape like a dying goldfish.

Of all the mature, witty responses possible in the history of all mankind, Junmyeon had nothing. It was only until his friends chimed in then had he realized he had stared at her speechless for a whole minute.

Watching a light flush decorate her dewy cheeks from the sudden attention, she got busy cutting out slices and explaining the charity cause and just like that, Junmyeon's chance at making a good first impression was over.

But Junmyeon was never one to give up. 

He dutifully found out her locker code from Baekhyun, who knew all the girls' locker codes for reasons he didn't wish to know and anonymously wrote her mini love letters every week and slotted them in her locker, together with expensive goodies he bought for her. Every time he saw her around in school, he would feel breathless and run away, so writing was the only way he could express himself. 

Junmyeon was content with secretly watching her surprised look of delight every week from his spot on the second level, but the loud-mouthed Baekhyun had to spread to all of his friends of his little happenings.

"This isn't the Victorian age, dude." Kris had deadpanned. "How are you going to get her to notice you if you're anonymous? She's gonna think it's another guy."

"From what I know, Jinri doesn't have any close guy friends so you're in luck bro! She won't be thinking it's any of her friends." Baekhyun had rattled off confidently.

"Yah, hyung, hwaiting, maybe she'll see past your awkwardness." Sehun had spouted impudently but immediately gave him a cutesy pout the moment Junmyeon started to open his mouth to retort.

That's why he found himself, here, outside the Home Economics room, ready to confess that he was the one behind the love letters and presents.

All he needed was the right moment.

It had been two hours and a half now.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the period and most of the girls hurried to pack up their utensils and wash up. Junmyeon knew from his stalking, errrr, he would call it watchful observing, that Jinri would make sure to check on all the appliances after everyone left.

He waited till the last girl was out of the room before he stepped in, his whole body dizzy with apprehension.

"H-hey there-" 

"Aigoo!" Startled, Jinri dropped the pans with a clatter, which landed on her foot, to which she yelped in pain at. 

Filled with horror upon realizing what had happened, Junmyeon rushed over and immediately crouched down to his knees to gently remove her shoe to inspect her foot. "Kwenchana? Mianhamnida, chincha miahamnida!" He cried out remorsefully as he spotted the growing bruise on her foot.

Jinri immediately drew her foot back at his touch and cringed. "Kwenchana." She waved him away, but she was biting her lip in pain. "Are you looking for anyone, Class President-ssi?"

She knew him! Junmyeon had to stop himself from slapping his own face to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "No! I mean yes! I mean, I'm looking for Jinri- you. I was looking for you." His words tumbled out over each other in a fluster. 

Jinri looked amused at his reaction, but she timidly kept her foot away from him. "You can stand up now, Class President-ssi. What can I help you with?" She asked politely, her face looking uneasy.

"I'm really apologetic about your foot-" Junmyeon sprang to his feet, flushing red. "-Can I get you any ointment? Yes I will, stay right here!" Running like a headless chicken, he dashed out of the room as if his life depended on it, not even knowing where he was going to get ointment from.

He finally came to a stop and realized that the adrenaline pumping through his veins was from the first conversation he ever had with his crush. Smiling madly to himself, he picked up his phone and called the only person he knew who would be well-prepared enough to bring ointment to school.

"Kyungsoo-ah! Where are you now?"

Junmyeon heard an idle hum in response as a locker door banged close in the background. "Hi, hyung. I'm about to head for practice now. What's up?"

Relief flooded his system. "Can I borrow ointment from you? I'll return to you tomorrow! I'm going down to the lockers now!"

Kyungsoo frowned at the dial tone which came immediately after that, but shrugged and reached in his knapsack for his first-aid kit. Suho hyung and his awkward flustered-ness.

-

"Jinri-ah, where are you? I've been waitin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter