final

For We Will Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hayoung sat quietly under the oak tree, enjoying the sunlight and feeling the fresh air. She indulged herself in her book, trying to find some peace and trying to clear her mind. The wind blew softly against her hair. Everything was perfect. The day couldn't get any better, but it did. He showed up. Hayoung's pride and joy, one of the highlights of her life, the person she believed was the love of her life. It was Oh Sehun.

He always came at the right time. That's what she loved about him. He would always be there whenever she needed him, and she would always return the favor. Sehun and Hayoung, also known as the "Oh couple" because they both share the last name Oh, have been inseparable since the day they met during their first year of high school.

 

~~~

 

"Alright, since this is a partner project, I'm going to assign you your partners so listen carefully." the teacher said before he started to read off the list of names

"First, we have Chanyeol and Eunji. Second is Namjoo and Bomi then Baekhyun and Kyungsoo." he continued

Hayoung waited patiently for her name to be called, hoping she would get a good partner that actually worked well.

"Next is Hayoung & Sehun."

She didn't know whether to be happy or disappointed. She barely knew or even talked to Sehun so how would she know whether they would work well together or not.

Sehun sat 3 rows in front of Hayoung. He turned around and flashed her a quick smile which she returned. Soon, he got up and sat next to her.

"Shall we start?" Sehun said

"Sure"

 

~~~

 

Sehun sat down under the shade next to Hayoung, letting out a soft sigh. She put her book down and smiled at him.

"Reading again?" he asked

"Yep." Hayoung said, looking down at her book and running her hand over the cover

Sehun quickly snatched the book out of her hands and started flipping through it.

"Why do you always read the same book over and over again?"

"Because I like it."

"More than me?"

"No, of course not." Hayoung said, giggling at Sehun's playfulness

"Really? You seem to spend more time with that book than me." Sehun said pouting and giving Hayoung her book back.

She quickly gave him a peck on his cheek, reassuring him. He soon looked down to the ground and started blushing.

"You look cute when you blush." Hayoung said, brushing her finger over his cheek

"You should kiss me more often then..."

Soon, Hayoung started blushing too.

 

~~~

 

"Sehun! Is that you?" his mother yelled from across the kitchen

"No, it's a burglar that has the house keys." Sehun yelled back jokingly

He took off his shoes and bag and walked to the kitchen where his mother was. He sat down and started going through the mail. That's when he noticed a letter that was quite unfamiliar, it was rather large and addressed to him.

"Hey mom! What's this letter for?" Sehun asked while holding up the letter

His mother stopped what she was doing and turned around. She carefully looked at the letter before handing it back.

"Remember that school with the amazing Art's program you applied for months ago? The one you always dreamed about?"

"It's a letter from them?!" Sehun said with his mouth wide open afterwards

"Yes! Open it, see if they accepted you!"

Sehun carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the actual letter. He began to read it, not missing a single detail.

"They accepted me...I got in!" Sehun screamed before standing up and jumping with excitement.

"That's amazing honey! I'm so proud of you! Wait until your father hears this." His mother replied before giving him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

That moment of happiness didn't last to long though. The school was about 3 hours away from home so Sehun would have to live on campus and wouldn't be able to come home as often.

He and Hayoung initially planned to go to the local community college together so they can do whatever they wanted and still be together but Sehun doesn't know whether that is possible anymore.

 

~~~

 

The atmosphere was very awkward and quiet between Hayoung & Sehun. The two of them were sitting under their favourite oak tree just outside the school. They sat in silence until Sehun finally spoke up.

"I should tell you something..."

Hayoung looked a little scared to hear what he was going to say but motioned him to continue.

"You know how we said that we would go to that community college near by together after we graduated?"

"Yea..." She replied with a tense tone

"Well, I don't think that's possible anymore."

"How come?"

"You know that school I've always talked and dreamed about? Well, I got a letter from them yesterday and they accepted me."

Hayoung didn't say a word and stayed silent.

"Look, I know you're disappointed and I'm sorry but it's just so hard to get into that school and I don't think I'll ever get another opportunity like this ever again."

"No! Of course I wouldn't be disappointed in you! I know how much this means to you so I would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter