ONE

Joy and Sorrow
   
 
     As soon as Sooyoung opened her eyes she could swear the bomb that was permanently planted inside her head has once again greeted her a glorious explotion early in the morning. 
     Feeling a little ty, she sat up slowly and looked out the windows at another gray Seoul day. Heavy rains predicted, she remembered the weatherman had said yesterday morning. By evening thunderstorm actions with strong winds are expected across the city. Be sure to carry your umbrellas. It all sound nice.
     That morning, Sooyoung moved slowly. Balancing her head carefully atop of her neck, not wanting to trigger the angry bomb that might explode any second. She swung her legs out of her warm bed with a grumbled curse and stared at herself in the mirror and shuddered. She took a warm shower and brushes her teeth hoping to eliminate that stale taste of all cigarettes the night before. Out in the kitchen the sound of frying bacon went on and on like radio static.
     Son Seungwan or Wendy. Call her with the latter instead, she isn't fond of her korean name. Wendy is a 21 year-old, music major student and is graduating. Also, she works as a part time waitress in a cafe that was located near their university.
     Honestly, Sooyoung can't remember when or how they exactly met. In fact, Sooyoung can't remember anything from the past at all. Only what she can remember was waking up to a very terrible nightmare and a pair of soft, glistening eyes looking down at her. Sooyoung thought it was beautiful. Wendy is beautiful.
     Soon, tears were flowing from those eyes and she felt how warm they were when they hit her skin. She hates it. She hates how her heart aches at the sight nor at the sobbing sound the other girl creates. She doesn't know why but she hates when those precious eyes cries. She hates seeing Wendy cries.    
     That time, even if she can't remember who Wendy is she felt like there is a connection between them, a kind of bond she isn't sure yet.
     Unconciously, she brought a hand closer and held Wendy's face. It was small yet soft and warm and familiar? She likes how the other girl's skin warms her cold and trembling hand. Tenderly, she wiped those ugly tears away.  
      "Uljima..." 
 
 
     Wendy came in wearing a pink apron, underneath was a blue button down shirt paired with a denim pants.
      "Good morning, Sooyoung-ah~" she said with a very cheery voice. Sooyoung could only smile in return. She is still dizzy from all the whiskey she had consumed the night before and Wendy can notice it.
      "Rough night?" Wendy said, smiling slightly as she fixed the younger girl three eggs, bacon, sausage, pancake, toast and a coffee. Very canadian. Wendy sat across Sooyoung. 
      "Thanks," Sooyoung brought the cup closer to her lips and blew across her coffee to cool it before sipping it very carefully. She hums in satisfaction. Bitter, sugarless. Just the way she likes it. It made the other girl across her smile in content. 
       "It was." Sooyoung answered shortly with a groan and begun to ravish her food. She had to soothe her bubbling stomach from all the alcohol she drunk last night. She cannot wait any longer. 
       Just then, she heard Wendy giggled and it made her flustered. "Aish, this kid. Eat slowly will you? You might get choked." She shakes her head and a small smile appeared in her lips. She starts to eat as well. 
       When Sooyoung had finished all but the coffee, she fished out a crumpled pack of Black Marlboro from her pocket and frown when only one cigarette was left in it and reminded herself to buy another pack later. 
 
♪Juseyo dalkomhan geu mat ice cream cake~♪
 
        A familiar ringtone was heard, breaking the silence in that morning. 
        Startled, Sooyoung checks her phone but nothing is being flashed. Weird, she thought. She looks at Wendy trying to calm herself as gets her phone from her bag. Wow, do we have the same ringtone? Sooyoung looks at Wendy who's talking to someone over the phone amusingly. 
        She didn't know she was staring for too long that when Wendy look back at her she almost fell from her seat.
ing stupid, . 
        "Are you okay?" Wendy went closer and checks on her. Sooyoung nods quickly, ignoring the pain in her head and lowered her head pretending to look at her phone to hide her blushing face away from Wendy.
        "Sooyoung-ah?" Sooyoung caustiously looks up and found Wendy frowning at her which also made her frown instantly. She answered Wendy a dull 'nae', hiding her sadness and curiosity on what made the other girl frown.
         "Sorry, but I have to go now. I cannot accompany you to school." Sooyoung mentally frowns even more. "The practice unexpectedly starts very early today." Wendy looks at her wrist clock worriedly. "Eottoke~?" 
          "No, it's okay." Sooyoung gestured an A-okay hand. "Go now. You might get late. I will take care of this." She was referring to the dishes left.
          "Are you sure?" Sooyoung nods and smiles in reassurance.
          "Thanks! I'll go now, please take care of yourself. There are some painkillers in the medicine cabinet in case you need them." She prepared herself and wears her jansport bag and hung her coat in her arm. Sooyoung grins widely and forces her head to nod vigorously. "Yes, mother."
           Wendy smiles for the last time and sighs before turning her back and ushered herself to the door.
           Son Seungwan is so tiny, her body, her height, everything about her. Sooyoung reminded her of a cute hamster. How short is she? 5'4? 5'5? Sooyoung doesn't care. She likes it. In fact, Sooyoung likes cute and tiny girls. Tiny hamster Wendy Son Seungwan must be protected at all cost
           "Bye~" Wendy standing at the open door waving at her. She waves back and nods. Wendy closed the door and the sound it made vibrated through out the house, through out Sooyoung's body. The hamster left the chicken alone in that gloomy morning. 
           Sooyoung lit the last cigarette and leans her back on the chair and smiles. Not so bad.
 

I'M SORRY IF YOU EXPECTED TOO MUCH. LOL 
I'LL DO BETTER NEXT TIME ;-; 
WENDY'S FIRST~ WHO'S NEXT TO APPEAR? :3