Chapter 1

Those 3 Seconds

He lived for those 3 seconds.

Those 3 seconds where nothing mattered but him and the seductive purring of the well oiled machine he was currently revving up for the competition. But honestly it would be a shame to call it competition. They all knew who would undeniably win this race.

Because that’s what it was.

A race.

A race against himself. It was always a battle to beat his last score, last record. Always improve and most of all win. He loved the cheers while the crowd went abuzz with second-hand adrenaline they got from watching the cars whizzing over the finish line. But most of all he loved the thrill of riding right on the edge. Skittering on the ledge of dangerous and deadly. Pushing the engine right to the edge of possible and over just so he could feel those 3 seconds that the engine needed to accelerate. And if he was being honest with himself more times than not the tires didn’t hold through even half the race. They always tore and lost grip so every second spent riding them out felt like a battle. A battle just to stay on the road. To him racing meant war and he was closer to winning it through every won battle.

Honestly he couldn’t help himself. What addict could? They were always searching for their next fix and his came in the shape of blurry lights he was leaving behind in the dust from under the tires of his black beast. That’s what it was. A custom made monster for conquering. A matt black beast with no rival in this world.

Except for one.

And he was no beast but a devil. A sneaky little fox which tamed the wild beast. Now you might wonder who that is and let me tell you that it’s just a man with a lisp. He was someone that knew Zico inside and out. He could make him fall apart with just a few words and that was because he held the racers heart in the palm of his hand. He squeezed and released on the whim of his will making Zico loose his breath while slipping the rug from right under his feet.

And his name was none other than Park Kyung.

And Kyung knew which buttons to push to make Zico forget his original addiction which was undoubtedly racing. Because he knew how dangerous a man with no inhibitions or fear was. But a man in love was a force to be reckoned with.

So he made Zico addicted to himself. He tamed the beast and made it forget about those 3 seconds it lived for. He gave it another reason to survive.

He gave him love.