Chapter 1 - 62 Years Later

62 Years Later

A/N:

This story will be based on Eunhyuk's POV.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ah! I remember my days with Super Junior! We were big Hallyu stars Korea has ever known. We were conquering the world with our talents. But that was 62 years ago. After we reached a certain age, we all must retire. We can't dance and sing forever. Soon, we have to go and make way for new stars. At least we had our fun performing on stage for fans. That's the best memory I will always keep in my heart.

Anyways, I moved to an old folks home right now. I'm too old to be around in my own home. My wife is dead already. My children are busy with their new lives now. They got their own children. They are famous just like me. It's good to see my generations taking my traits. 

Back to the old folks home, it's pretty boring here. The TV is being occupied most of the time, even though it's very old. Some elders were arguing and playing board games. We were too old for gadgets, computers and video games. Our eyesights are poor. All the time, I was alone, thinking about 62 years ago. Where we were together in Super Junior. We suffer hardships to be famous. But hey! We made it through.

Let me tell you where the others are. Firstly, Yesung hyung. He is busy taking care of his own grandchildren while the parents are away at work. He seems healthy and happy. I hope he still knows how to sing after all these years. He may not sing as good as he is back then. But at least he still has the good voice. 

For Donghae, he moved back to his hometown, Mokpo. He's happily living with his wife in their own home. His daughter-in-law is taking care of them in the house. Shindong is hosting his own show on TV, even at his age now. Not bad for a hyung like him. Sungmin and his wife were just living a normal life in their own home. Lastly, for Ryeowook, he also moved to an old folks home. He's the only member who isn't married. Poor, lonely guy. I guess no women are good enough for him. 

We 6 are the only ones surviving. Many of our members passed away. Gosh! It was really fast. It was sad that they're gone. I guess they drink and gamble a lot years ago. Sometimes, you have to die. We can't live forever. But they will always remain in our hearts. I will miss all the good times we had together as a team. Someday, I'll meet them in heaven.

"Excuse me, elder Hyukjae. You got a mail," I heard the lady calling. I grabbed the mail from her and read it with my glasses. I can't really see that well. I had to use a magnifying glass most of the time. The mail said that a TV show wants to interview us tomorrow. I had to look my best. I hope the others also got the mail.

 

The next day, the van was willing to take me to the studio. The kind carer carefully help me get inside the van. I haven't been out for so long. It's about time I get out of the home. It's stuffy inside. That's the disadvantage of getting old. 

When I got to the studio, the 5 members were already there. "Hey, Eunhyuk," Shindong greeted me. I did a high five. But it was painful. "Nice to see all of you again," I said to them. The other members smile at me. 

"Greetings everyone. I'm Kim Jung Nim," the male MC announced on TV. "Hello, everyone. I'm Lee Yeonji," the female MC announced. Things have changed a lot in the studio. It wasn't like this 62 years ago. "Today, we have 6 special guest from the biggest Hallyu Wave group 62 years ago. Please welcome Super Junior!" When our group name is called, we slowly walk onto the set. "Look at that. They're all elders now. Slowly walk. Take your time," said Yeonji. 

"Aigoo! My back!" whined Sungmin. "Huh? Who said that?" asked Donghae. I guess his hearing is becoming impaired. "Hello," the MC's greeted us politely. But I couldn't hear properly what they were saying. They tried again. "They want us to say hello," Shindong told us. "Oh? A greeting?" The others nodded their heads. 

"Uri Super Juni-OR!" we croacked. The audience clapped for us. "You guys never changed," I heard Yeonji laughing. Then, they began the interview. They asked a lot of questions during the show and we had to answer them. It's been a long time since we go on reality shows. Some of us have forgotten that we're on TV. 

"Originally, there were 13 members in Super Junior. But sadly, many of them have passed away. Only 6 of them survived," Jung Nim said to the audience. "Did you managed to be together before you guys disbanded?" asked Yeonji. "Yes, we did. It was sad that our members are gone. But they will always be in our hearts," said Sungmin. 

"Who do you missed the most?" the MC's asked. "Basically, we missed everyone," I said. "Aww! That is so touching," said Yeonji. "Indeed. These guys were really close to one another," said Jung Nim. "Now, we have prepared a video dedicated to SJ." Then, the video started playing. It took back to where we were trainees in SM and the day we did our debut stage. Some of us teared up when we saw the video. I will never forget this unforgettable day. No matter where we are right now, we are still Super Junior and always will be.

 

 

The End