Pinku

Thanks to his pink diary

 “It’s not like I like you or anything! I just-well, I…”

 

Jongin stared at the flustered Kyungsoo with pure amusement in his eyes, his right hand holding a small pink diary that belonged to the latter and he smirked when he saw how the male eyed his belonging nervously.

 

“Are you sure about that? Because from what I read, you wrote something entirely different. Something like, ‘I can’t seem to control my BIG FAT CRUSH on Jongin and I think my weak heart would burst like an exploding marshmal-’Oof!” A pair of small soft hands cupped his mouth along with an unmanly shriek of embarrassment interrupted him from continuing his sentence.

 

“Oh my god please don’t continue that sentence, please, I beg you!” Jongin could tell that Kyungsoo was at the verge of crying by how his round-big eyes seemed to be shinier than normal and how his face was almost as red as a cherry- followed by the small crack and pleading in his voice.

 

Okay Jongin may be a huge tease but he’s not the type of person to take pleasure from making someone cry. So before things got worse, he slid the pink object into his jacket’s pocket and gently gripped both of Kyungsoo’s wrists to bring them down. He then cleared his throat before looking into Kyungsoo’s big round orbs. His hands were still around the elder’s wrists with the same gentle grip.

 

“Alright,” He began, “So about your Big Fat Crush on me…”

 

“If that made you think I’m disgusting and weird, I can totally understand that because I think I’m weird and disgusting too-”

 

“Hey, whoa, I never said th-”

 

“-and if you want me to give you some space I’ll definitely give it to you even if it’ll last for a long time-”

 

“Hyung, hold up, I didn’t ask for-”

 

“A-and!” A tear almost dropped down Kyungsoo’s flushed cheek while he tried to find his next words, “I-I want you to know th-that my feelings for you are true, like, they’re really real like-”

 

“Yes, I know, you stated so in your dia-”

 

“Bu-but most of all, I-I hope this wouldn’t ruin our friendship-”

 

“What, of course it won’t! Now please Kyungsoo-hyung let me tal-”

 

“Be-because you’re really important to me Jongin, so I don’t want our relationship to-”

 

God dang it.

 

Without giving it a second thought, Jongin crashed his lips onto the elder’s to shut him up. He heard a surprised 'Eep!’ escaped from Kyungsoo and he felt the latter’s body beginning to tense at his sudden action. After a few seconds, Kyungsoo began to relax into the kiss and he kissed Jongin back, tilting his head slightly to give it a better angle. Jongin smiled at the elder’s respond and he removed his hand from Kyungsoo’s wrists to place them on the shorter’s back, pulling him closer.

 

Automatically, the elder wrapped his arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. It lasted for a few more seconds before Jongin pulled away, only to start peppering sweet kisses on Kyungsoo’s adorable features, making the shorter male whimper at the overwhelming affection the taller was giving him.

 

“J-Jongin, please…stop-umph!” Jongin kissed Kyungsoo’s mouth one last time before pulling away to observe his hyung’s face. He chuckled at how dazed Kyungsoo looked and how his face was flushed red due to the kisses Jongin attacked him with.

 

“Haha, you look so adorable Hyung.”

 

Upon realising the younger’s words, Kyungsoo muttered a string of gibberish and quickly hid his face into the crook of Jongin’s neck, he had lowered his hands so that it was sandwiched between his and the younger’s chest.

 

“I’m not adorable…” Kyungsoo mumbled against the younger’s collar and Jongin only sigh at the elder’s reply. He gently lifted the elder’s chin with his index finger and thumb, so that Kyungsoo would look at him in the eyes. It didn’t reduce the colour on his chubby cheeks though and Jongin thought how the light colour of pink suited the elder very perfectly.

 

“Yes you are…” Said Jongin softly as he stared into the elder’s big eyes deeply, inching his face closer. Switching his voice to a whispering tone, he said, “One of the reasons why I have a big fat crush on you too, Hyung.”

 

It took Kyungsoo at least half a minute to sink Jongin’s words into his head and when he realized that the younger had actually confessed to him,  he couldn’t control his quickening heart beat and shaky legs and he almost fell down to the floor but fortunately Jongin was fast enough to catch him before it happen.

 

Kyungsoo was gibbering again, words jumbled up into some sort of a foreign language and Jongin couldn’t help but laugh at the absurdity of it.

 

“Hyung, please calm down. Take a deep breath.”

 

Kyungsoo did as he was told to. And he slowly exhaled.

 

He repeated the process for a few more times before he was sure he was able to speak properly again.

 

“I…umm, I’m not sure what I’m feeling right now.” Although Kyungsoo’s words were a bit shaky at the end, his usual tone was back to normal.

 

“What do you mean?” Jongin asked as he intentionally interlaced their fingers together, earning a silent squeak from the elder.

 

“I-I mean, my heart is beating so fast, and  it’s crazy how fast it is pounding right now,” Kyungsoo clutched the fabric near his thumping heart with his free hand, “and at the same time I feel like puking and probably ting because of how overly happy I am right now.”

 

With that said, Jongin grinned cheekily at Kyungsoo and pulled the elder into his embrace. He took a short intake of breath through his nose and the pleasant scent of lemon from Kyungsoo’s shampoo overtook his sense of smell. He concluded that he’ll be smelling more of the odour from now on since he’ll be hugging Kyungsoo more frequently than before and the thought only made the grin on his face grew wider. He discreetly wanted Kyungsoo to know that his heart was probably beating as fast as the elder’s right now but that would lead to another helpless romantic situation and Jongin didn’t have the slightest patience for that.

 

“Hey Hyung?”

 

“Yes, Jongin?” Kyungsoo looked up from the younger’s chest.

 

“Now…”The grin on Jongin’s face was replaced by a playful smirk. “Does a bubble tea date sounds good to you? You know, as our first date?”   

 

Kyungsoo blinked at him and the same blush that Jongin had grew to adore painted his cheeks again. But this time, Kyungsoo didn’t look away. He giggled and smiled at the younger affectionately. The smile that made his precious plump lips turned into a heart shape became visible to the world.

 

“That sounds fantastic.”

 

So the new couple walked out of the school compound while holding hands, looking happy and content as well, ready for their first date to the nearest bubble tea shop.

 

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

“Hyung.” Jongin stopped on his tracks, making the said male do the same as well. The younger stared at Kyungsoo blankly and the latter grew nervous at the gaze.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

A moment of silent erupted the air before Jongin looked away and fished a familiar object from his pocket. Kyungsoo’s eyes became wide and he immediately snatched his treasurable diary away from Jongin’s grasp. He ped his back and safely placed the book into a compartment, zipping it back when he’s done with a ‘phew’.

 

"...."

 

"...."

 

“So, exploding marshmallow huh?”

 

“Don’t. Even. Start.”

 

 

-End-