Stop Running

Run With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_______'s POV

"Hey, I'm kind of hungry. Do you want to eat out or something?"
"Sorry babe, something came up with the council. I can't tonight."
"Ohh. It's alright. I understand."
"I have to go babe. I'm really sorry. I love you."
"It's fine. I love you too."

It's the fifth time in a row that he skipped on me for this month. From hanging out together during breaks every single day, we only get to see each other a few times a week. He's been busy. I get it. He's the president of the student council, running for valedictorian, and is part of a lot of organizations. He's the guy that everyone knows. He's the guy that every girl likes. Meanwhile, I'm just me. Yeah, I am graduating with high honors but I'm really not the girl that everyone notices. I'm not into joining dynamic groups. I like going to the library to study, read, or relax. I like listening to music and maybe sing a little. But, really, I'm just another person in the crowd. Sometimes, I still wonder how I ended up being the girlfriend of the one and only Park Jimin.

I remember three years ago, freshman year. It was the second semester in the university and I am already geared towards getting good grades. We had this big term paper for one of our classes. Twenty pages minimum and then the best papers would have to present it during the Junior Conference. Being me, I wanted to present my research. It was a topic I was really interested in; Awakening the Dragon: East Asian Economies. That was the working title at that time. My paper just focused on the mix of cultural, social, and economical aspects of the fast-rising East-Asian Economies. I was, in fact, an Economics major and I was dying to give my inputs on this topic. Anyway, I was at the library to start on my paper. I got a list of books I searched for in the online catalog and proceeded to run around and get them so I could filter the parts that I need. I had around seven books in my hand already and I only needed one more. I went to the aisle where the book was located and walked slowly to skim through each title on the shelf. I found the book and was about to reach for it when someone beat me to it. I peeked above my pile of books and looked at the guy.

"Oh, do you need this?" He asked me with a smile.
"Yeah. Sort of." I told him.
"Wait, let me help you." He offered.
"Oh no ne--" before I could finish my sentence, he took most of the books from my hands and transferred them to his.
"I just wanted to look at one chapter of this book and I'll let you have it." He said.
"I can walk you to your table so I know where to give it after." He told me and I nodded.

That was when we first met. He was actually seated right beside me that day and he was doing his own research on almost the same topic. Although he focused on 'Outward Investments of East Asian Countries and Its Effects on Their Economies'. His working title was perfect. He was in the same major as I am, different block. He actually gave me a lot of input on my paper and ever since, we did that term paper together. Study sessions soon turned into regular hangouts after class then that transitioned into small dates. Small chats on research papers soon turned into exchange of numbers, late night chats, and eventually, long calls at night. At some point, I realized that I really liked him. He's the perfect guy. I mean, in my list of how a perfect boyfriend should be, he got all of them checked off. He was tall, intelligent, funny, handsome, talented, driven, and I could never get tired of talking to him. Turns out, he felt the same way. He asked me to be his girlfriend a year after we met and I said yes. We've been together for two years already and for those two years, I could never be so proud of him. He achieved so much. More than I have. I supported him all the way but I know I can't catch up with what he's doing; so I just watch and give him the support that a girlfriend can give. But recently, I couldn't even watch him. He's gone too far and even if I run, I still couldn't catch up with him. We're on whole different levels. He told me not to worry about it but sometimes, I couldn't help but to worry. What if he's too far out and I couldn't reach him anymore?

"I miss the old him..." I placed my phone down and looked outside the library. The sun's already setting. I guess I should start heading home. Maybe I could have something whipped up for dinner even though I already told my maid that I won't be eating home since I thought this time, Jimin would say yes. I just got my hopes up. Like always. I placed my laptop in its sleeve and slung my bag on my shoulder. I headed out the library and walked to the student center where Jimin usually has his council meetings. Maybe I can say goodbye to him before I head home. I texted him that I'm passing by to say goodbye he didn't reply which was nothing new to me. I arrived at the third floor where the council room was and headed towards it. I got there and went inside. Jungkook was just about to leave.

"Oh. Hey, _______." He smiled.
"Hey, Jungkook. Is Jimin still here?" I asked him and he nodded.
"I think he's still in the meeting for the budget report." He told me.
"It's just over there. I'll go ahead, okay?" He told me as he headed out the door.
"Thanks, Jungkook!" I waved and then he left.

I walked towards the end of the big council room to the place where the meeting room was. I stopped near the door and decided to just peek first if he was busy so I could just wave or something before I go. I walked closer the door and peeked through the small window and saw something that shattered my heart. Jimin kissing another girl. I felt my chest crush my heart with my ribs. I couldn't move. I couldn't even cry. I just felt hurt. Is this why he was skipping on me? He soon saw me from that small window and I snapped out of it, running away and out of the council room.

"_______! Wait!" He was running after me and I just kept on running.
"I can explain! It's not what you think. _______!" He kept on calling, I kept on running
"_______." He caught up to me and enveloped me in his arms.
"Let go of me, Jimin." I managed to say, trying to hold in my tears.
"It's not what you think. It wasn't me who--"
"Let go of me, Jimin or I'll let you go." I told him and he immediately let go of me.
"Let me explain, please." He begged. I turned around and gave him the slap that he deserved.
"No, Jimin. Not this time. I'm tired of your excuses!"
"_______..."
"I'm tired, Jimin. I'm tired of running after you and all you do is keep on running farther. I can't catch up anymore." I said as tears rolled down my eyes.
"If she's the reason why you skip out on me, you could have just told me instead of me getting my hopes up that maybe you might want to be with me even for a while. I need you, Jimin and all you do is screw around with another girl. It's been hard for me. This. It's just making things harder for us. I can't do this anymore."
"No, _______. Please. Let me explain." He took a step forward and I took a step back.
"Just... Stay away from me, Jimin. I'm used to it anyway." I said and started walking away.
"_______." I could hear him starting to run after me again. I stopped at my tracks and so did he.
"Don't even try to. Take one more step and it's over, Jimin." I told him before I started walking away from him. This time, he didn't take another step.

I ran down the stairs and out the building, bumping into someone. I looked up and it was Yoongi. I immediately clung onto him and he just enveloped me in his arms. He caressed my hair and just let me cry on his chest.
"Shh. It's going to be okay. I'm here." He said.
"I'm tired, oppa." I told him and he just listened to me cry as he tightened his embrace.

"Is the driver picking you up?" He asked once I was out of tears. I nodded.
"Any time soon?" He asked and I shook my head.
"Let me take you home then." He told me and I gave him a small nod.

He took my bag and things and carried them for me as we got to his car. We sat in silence as he started his car.
"Do you want to talk first or go home?"
"Talk." I said and he nodded.

I told him everything that I have been experiencing up to what happened earlier. He listened quietly as I cried out each word of my story. He said that maybe for now, it's best to stay away from Jimin first but he's glad that I didn't break it off with Jimin before even hearing his side. I told him that I'm not ready to be anywhere near Jimin right now. He told me that it's okay, I can take time before talking to Jimin. I just wanted to forget today. My first heartbreak and it hurts like hell. My brother took me home that night and I am grateful that he was the one I bumped into. I went inside our home and straight up to my room. I hope I could just wake up and realize that today was just a bad dream.

Jimin's POV

'I took her home. We need to talk. Usual.'

I sighed loudly as I read Yoongi's message. . I messed up. I grabbed my things and went to my car. I headed out to meet Yoongi at our usual meeting place. An underground cafe near the university. He was sitting alone, looking pissed off. I guess that expression is for me then. I didn't greet him anymore and just sat opposite of him.

"Explain." He said. I took a deep breath and started talking.
"I... kissed another girl." I confessed. His look was starting to shoot bullets into my head.
"And it's not like I wanted to. I never did want to. I was at another budget proposal meeting with Minah. It's for the university fair. I skipped out on _______ again because of this. I know I shouldn't have but Minah had the budget for approval already so I had to. When I handed her over the signed documents, she pulled me and kissed me."
"And, you didn't pull back?" He scoffed.
"I did but it was too late. _______ already saw it. I tried to explain but she wouldn't let me."
"She's tired, Jimin."
"That's what she told me." I told him.
"I know you're my best friend, Jimin. But you hurt my sister." He sighed in disappointment.

"She needed you. Instead of you running to her when she did, she was the one trying to catch up to you. Do you know how many times she knocks on my door, crying? Do you know how many nights I had to lull her to sleep because she's on the brink of exploding from all the pressure she's been dealing with? She's been crying a lot because she needed your comfort and you bailed out on all those times. What she saw, it's too much. I know you didn't mean to and I know that she knows that too. But she's tired, Jimin. She's tired of running after you." All those words that Yoongi had said, shattered my heart. All of it was true.

"She doesn't want to talk to you. Respect that. She will when she wants to. For now, just stay away from her." He said as he stood up. I felt my heart sink because the one thing that I'm scared of is happening right now. I'm losing her.

A month passed since the incident and I have never felt this heavy in my life. She hasn't broken up with me and that's the only string of hope that I'm holding on to right now. She's just... She's avoiding me. She hasn't answered all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter