one

Cherry Tomato

Jaewon's socked feet are hanging off the arm of the sofa, his right leg is bouncing in the way he gets when he's bored out of his mind and he scrunches his eyes closed in preparation for a yawn. His toes curl up as his mouth stretches open and the breath of air is expelled from his lips. He drowsily opens his eyes which have teared up a bit at this point, and snuggles closer to the older man who had so kindly offered himself up as a pillow half an hour ago.

"Sleepy?" Hanhae asks, deft fingers sliding through Jaewon's bangs.

The television is already halfway through airing the third episode of Show Me The Money 3, but Hanhae finds it hard to pay attention to anything when Jaewon is sleepy and pliant in his lap.

Jaewon murmurs and Hanhae looks down. He's not prepared for the way the younger boy smiles lazily up at him from where his head is pillowed, hot and heavy, against the older man's thigh. Jaewon yawns again, and his eyes are clearer when they open. The pair of Bambi eyes blink shyly as they register Hanhae's gaze on him.

What am I going to do with you?

"Cherry tomato?" is what Hanhae manages, instead.

Jaewon's eyes sparkle and he sinks his teeth into his bottom lip by habit, blushes a little, nods his head twice. Hanhae tells himself inwardly to behave, as it was clear that Jaewon had no idea what kind of effect he had on his hyung. Hanhae thinks he might be going crazy, because even the most innocent of gestures looked obscene on Jaewon.

He realizes that his hand is shaking when he picks a plump tomato from the carton beside him, and analyzes it for longer than necessary in an effort to calm his nerves.

"Hyung?"

Hanhae's attention flickers back to the boy in his lap who looks slightly confused, and his lips quirk into an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry," Hanhae laughs, "I was distracted for a second..."

Their eyes lock.

And then, "Wonie, open your mouth."

It only takes a moment for the shocked expression on Jaewon's face to turn into embarrassment. The tips of his ears blush pink almost instantaneously and he waves his hands in front of his chest, protesting.

"T-that's embarrassing, hyung! I don't need you to feed me, I'm not a ch-mmph~"

Jaewon had stubbornly sealed his lips shut to reject the tomato that Hanhae was pushing against his lips. The small frown on Jaewon's face was adorable enough to melt an iceberg, and Hanhae's heart flutters. The boy is so flustered that he refuses to give Hanhae eye contact.

"Jaewonie," Hanhae says, and Jaewon mutters a soft "what" before mustering up the courage to look at Hanhae.

"So cute," Hanhae whispers at the sight and the boy in his lap makes a small sound at the back of his throat, mouth falling open slightly as Hanhae pushes the tomato in.

Jaewon doesn't give Hanhae the satisfaction of watching him chew on the tomato. Instead, he covers his entire face with his palms, leaving his eyes uncovered to glare at his Hanhae-hyung who was doing his dumb victory flail.

Just then, the television catches Hanhae's eye and he grabs for the remote to crank the volume higher. Jaewon doesn't need to see the screen to realize that it was his and Hanhae's cut from the third episode.

Shooting the now-cackling Hanhae a dirty look, Jaewon pushes himself up from Hanhae's lap and grudgingly looks at the screen. A look of horror flashes upon his face as he watches a boy who has his face but is acting nothing like the usual cool, laid-back Jung Jaewon, laughing his heart out across the table to an amused Hanhae. He's so horrified at the way he doted on Hanhae like a lovesick puppy, that he doesn't even realize that the said man was now looking straight at him.

"I-I-I u-uhmm─" Jaewon stammers before shooting up from the couch, only to be pulled down by the wrist. He tries to flee again, but to no avail as Hanhae pulls him into his lap, so that the younger boy is straddling him. Jaewon whines, still tries to hide his flaming face behind his hands.

Hanhae's fingers close around Jaewon's wrists as he lowers his head to Jaewon's eye level. His first attempt to gently pry Jaewon's wrists apart is rejected, but Jaewon does open his fingers a bit to look at Hanhae through the spaces in between his fingers.

"You're adorable when you're embarrassed," Hanhae starts, "and I love everything about you."

Jaewon's wrists eventually fall apart and his eyes are so glassy that Hanhae almost feels bad. When Hanhae's arms wrap around his waist, the boy turns so unbelievably shy with nowhere left to look but straight at Hanhae's dimpled smile. Hanhae saves the next smile that Jaewon sends him to memory, as the younger boy tips his cap off and kisses him.

fin

---

*cherry tomato reference is for my baes chul goo & owen

ancient_moon: ugh bae yes i am done yes i sacrificed sleep for this yes i die now