Without You

Oasis Mine

“Woogyu! Woogyu! Woogyu!” Dongwoo could still hear the fan chants echoing in his head, even though Infinite’s concert had finished hours ago and even though he’d tried his hardest to think of something else. After years of being in this business, Dongwoo knew that much of his group’s popularity was owed to fanservice and he had no right to be upset if the fans’ love of the Woogyu ship increased their appreciation of Infinite, too. Usually, this was easy for Dongwoo to remember so usually he had no problem brushing off his jealousy over the fleeting touches and quick flashes of PDA that Woohyun and Sunggyu put on for their fans.

The fans, though, had absolutely no idea that Woogyu was actually real. They had no idea that the affectionate cheek pecks and pinches were as much for the viewers as for each other. And they had especially no idea that 2Woo and Donggyu were real too—mostly because any time Dongwoo attempted to express the truth of his relationship in public, the netizens instantly freaked out that he was trying to be a Woogyu homewrecker. That’s why he was jealous: because honestly, it just wasn’t fair.

Dongwoo, of course, knew that Infinite’s fans didn’t forget about him completely. Since Howon was his favorite dongsaeng, Dongwoo even felt lucky whenever he heard shouts of “Yadong!” that were loud enough to rival the still-echoing calls of “Woogyu!” On an individual level, Dongwoo's fan base was also large and overwhelmingly supportive of all his endeavors, so he felt more than a little ungrateful during nights like this one when the bitterness and loneliness threatened to drown him.

He felt the deeply-buried darkness of self-loathing begin to trickle in and color his perspective, just as the comforting warmth of strong and familiar hands settled themselves on his shoulders and started gently kneading out the knots of exhaustion and stress. In the van, the members always ended up either seated on top of one another or else very far apart—for some reason, there never seemed to be an in between. This was one of the former times, and Dongwoo's attention quickly shifted from the massaging touches on his back to the fingers that slipped through his own and the thigh that gently bumped against his knees as Woohyun sat sideways in order to converse with both his lovers simultaneously. Noticing Dongwoo's mood, Woohyun laid the grease on a little more than usual and had basically placed himself into his boyfriend's lap by the time they all arrived back at the dorm.

Dongwoo was out first, but rather than waiting for either Woohyun or Sunggyu to disembark—like he usually did—the Infinite rapper muttered a gruff "goodnight" to the members and slunk into the house.

"Is he alright?" Sungjong asked curiously, only pulled out of his Sungyeol induced haze by the slamming of the front door.

The others all looked at Sunggyu—he was their trusted leader, after all—as if he knew what was bothering the normally cheerful Dongwoo. When Sunggyu shook his head to show that he was just as curious and concerned as everyone else, Woohyun rolled his eyes and grabbed his boyfriend by the hand, dragging him into the dorm and after Dongwoo. Following tentatively behind them after a few moments, Infinite's remaining members went about their nightly routines and soon collapsed into their beds for some much needed sleep.

Dongwoo, Sunggyu, and Woohyun weren't so lucky.

"Dongwoo-ah," Woohyun called sweetly through their closed bedroom door, "won't you let us in?"

When that didn't work, Sunggyu put on his leader hat instead, ordering, "Jang Dongwoo! NamNam has filming tomorrow for that drama he's in and you have promotions to practice for. We all need to sleep and the couch gives me back pain. Let us in."

There was a long pause, and Woohyun, at least, wasn't sure that bossy Sunggyu would work either. Soon, though, there was the click of a lock and the creak of an opening door, accompanied by a frowning Dongwoo and an annoyed grumble that sounded a lot like "Gramps." Not taking any chances with Dongwoo when he was angry at the world like this, Woohyun and Sunggyu barged into the room, collapsing onto the nearest bed and pulling Dongwoo down with them.

The latter bit his lip hard, wanting to remember that less that 30 seconds earlier he'd felt like screaming into a pillow, even though he now felt like laughing at his lovers' silly attempt to cheer him up. "Body gags, huh?" He inquired in amused interest, almost immediately giving up his attempt at remaining upset.

Woohyun kissed him and nibbled playfully at his bottom lip before responding. "We do what we can," he replied to Dongwoo with a grin.

"Seriously, though," Sunggyu said, right before Woohyun could pull the eldest into their fun. "No," he sternly said to Dongwoo's kisses on his neck, "I refuse to be distracted!" Dongwoo giggled at this and Woohyun joined him, glad that their lover was beginning to find his smile again. "I mean it!" Sunggyu repeated, "What's going on with you, Donggie?"

"Hmm?" Dongwoo hummed in response, his mouth to busy to answer with actual words since he's returned his lips to Woohyun's after Sunggyu's refused to play. "I'm fine," he affirmed between kisses.

Sunggyu tried not to let the sight of his two lovers passionately embracing affect him too much, but it was difficult. Especially when Woohyun repeated Dongwoo's words and enunciated each one with a kiss. "See?" He asked Sunggyu, "He's." Kiss. "Fine." Kiss.

The taste of Dongwoo was still heavy on Woohyun's tongue but Sunggyu refused to savor it because Dongwoo's happiness was more important than a few good kisses. "Then what was earlier?" Sunggyu wanted to know, allowing himself a quick peck on Dongwoo's nose when the latter removed his tongue from Woohyun's ear and turned to face his concerned boyfriend.

"Nothing," Dongwoo quickly denied. "Earlier was nothing. I was being stupid." He didn't want to admit the insecurity he'd been feeling, or that tonight wasn't the first time he'd felt it, either.

He was shushed with a brushed kiss across the top of his head and a silencing finger to his lips. "False," Woohyun said in that smart aleck way that made netizens call him an egotistical snob. "I'd never date someone stupid. Obviously." Actually, maybe Woohyun was an egotistical snob after all.

Sunggyu harrumphed like the grandpa the kids accused him of being, but said nothing to Woohyun's poor attempt at encouragement. "Tell us," he quietly urged Dongwoo, slipping his arm around his lover and pulling him close.

"I," Dongwoo faltered, unsure of his words, and it made his lovers sad to see him so cautious around them, of all people. "I sometimes wonder if the fans are right." His lovers looked confused, so Dongwoo took a deep breath before elaborating. "What I mean," he said, "is that people seem to see you two as a perfect couple. Which you are. I know from experience that you're great individually, you're great together, and your both great to me." He paused to breathe and Woohyun smiled at him before giving his hand an encouraging squeeze. "But then I think that maybe you are better off without me, with just Woogyu and no clumsy Dongwoo added to the mix. Cause there's got to be a reason people ship you guys with each other and not me, right? Maybe they see something that we're all too close to the situation to notice. Maybe the fans—"

Sunggyu interrupted Dongwoo before the latter could work himself into an emotional frenzy. "Stop!" He exclaimed. "Just stop!" Infinite's leader pulled Dongwoo into a tight hug, inhaling his lover's unique scent and trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall at Dongwoo's doubting words of self-deprecation.

"Don't do that to yourself," Woohyun urged, noticing that Sunggyu was too choked up to continue and happily taking his lovers place in stopping Dongwoo's dark thoughts. "I love you," Woohyun shared greaselessly—for once—"and Gyu-hyung does too. You know as well as I do how hard it is to get him to shut up about us." Dongwoo giggled at that and Sunggyu was glad to see that they were finally getting through to him.

"Besides," Sunggyu managed, his voice still a little gruff, "I love the fans dearly because they're the reason we've gotten this far. And Inspirits are the best." His two lovers nodded in agreement. "But," Sunggyu continued, "what they see of us is not who we are. Infinite's concept is not my personality, just like NamNam's drama character is not his true self. They have no way of knowing if you're good for us because they don't know us."

Sunggyu drew away from where Dongwoo was still huddled against him and brought his younger lover's face close to his own. Kissing Dongwoo slowly, Sunggyu tried his best to convey everything he felt through the electric connection of their lips and the steady pressure of Woohyun's hands resting on both of their knees.

"They can't see us like this," Woohyun agreed. "They have no way of knowing how right this feels. They don't know you," Woohyun shoved Sunggyu away playfully and gave Dongwoo a kiss of his own," like we know you, and that's okay."

"You're right," Dongwoo admitted some minutes later, now thoroughly kissed and just as thoroughly encouraged in the security of his relationship. "What we have is special, isn't it?"

"Totes," Woohyun agreed, waggling his eyebrows in a clear indication that the grease had returned in full force. "I will say, though," he said, tapping his finger against his chin in a jokingly speculative manner. "I'm not sure how I feel about this whole Yadong business."

Sunggyu agreed with Woohyhn, for once. "Shipping me with NamNam is fine because the three of us are actually together. But you with Howon?" He asked Dongwoo incredulously. "Not happening," Sunggyu said, answering his own rhetorical question.

"You're ours," the grease-monkey confirmed with a pair of kisses, one for leader and one for Dongwoo.

Dongwoo kissed his agreement onto Woohyun's lips, groaning in pleasure when Woohyun deepened it and Sunggyu's lips latched onto the space just below his ear.

"Totes," Dongwoo muttered breathlessly. "Keep kissing me like that," he grinned at his lovers and they returned his smile before eyeing each other's lips hungrily, "and I'll be yours as long as you'll have me."

"Forever," Sunggyu whispered against Woohyun's lips. "You're ours forever."


 

So...my first Infinite fic. And an OT3 at that. How did I do?