fin

Talk

A girl with age around eighteen, runs to catch up with a group of friends in front of her. She goes through the crowd and bump herself againts some kids that block her way, she is thinking that she should run faster that she can catch up with her friends.

 
"Hey," she yells; tries to get her friends attention. "Girls!"
 
She does. The girls all turn their head to her and the tiniest among others waves her hand.
 
"Hey, Joy!" 
 
The girl named Joy stops in front of them as she is gasping for breath before she talks.
 
"Have you guys seen Irene this morning?" 
 
The three of them shakes their heads. 
 
"What's with her?" the tiniest—Kim Yerim– opens first.
 
"Well," Joy smirks. "She said she went out for the most amazing date this weekend."
 
"What?" The remaining two say at the same time.
 
"What the heck? Why didn't she tell us?" The blonde one sighs.
 
"That's why I asked her, Wendy." said Joy.
 
"Then, what did she say?" Wendy asks one more time.
 
Joy shakes her head, "she didn't," she turns her head to the girl with a jet-black hair. "Seulgi?"
 
The said girl lifts her eyebrows.
 
"Come on!" Wendy pats Seulgi's back. "You are the closest to Irene!"
 
She chuckles at Wendy's statement, "I might be the closest, but I really don't know about this thing." She sighs, "but, I'm sure that I will get a big scoop for this."
 
"Deal," Joy says. "We will ask her later on lunch-time. See you, girls!" She bids goodbye to the girls and pulls Yerim, so they can go to their class.
 
-
 
Minutes before the next class, Seulgi says that she wants to go to the restroom first to Wendy as the latter gives her a nod. 
 
On her way to the restroom, she sees the girl who became a topic between her and the other girls this morning. 
 
Bae Irene.
 
She is standing there; putting her books back into her locker. Her eyebrows knots into one, whilst she reads the cover of her books and probably matching it alphabetically.
 
"Joohyun!" Seulgi shouts.
 
Irene jumps a little bit when she hears her real name is being called by the only person who calls her that way.
 
Seulgi jogs to her with her silliest smile and giggle when she reaches the latter.
 
"I heard you went for the most amazing date this weekend."
 
Irene rolls her eyes and close her locker, "I'm a little bit late here, Kang. So, not now."
 
"Are you sure you don't wanna talk about it?"
 
Irene nods and start to walk. Leaving Seulgi alone with a pout on her face. Seulgi just shakes her head and walk to her almost-forgotten destination, which is the restroom.
 
"Seulgi!"
 
She turns her head and see Irene who is smiling at her, "it was totally amazing!" Then she tucks her tongue out to mock the taller girl. 
 
Seulgi's mouth hangs open before she finally lets another chuckle escapes from . 
 
And that when she realises. 
 
She is half-jumping on her way to the restroom. A whistle escapes from her lips.
 
She is happy.
 
Though probably, she is still wondering who Irene's date is.
 
-
 
It is finally lunch time and Irene is surrounded by the girls.
 
"So," Joys claps her hands once. "Are you gonna tell us about your date or what?"
 
Irene laughs, "I already did." She puts down her spoon. "It was unbelievable."
 
Yerim groans—along with Wendy–, "Hello." she sasses. "Who, what, where?"
 
"Some details," Wendy says. "With the cherry on top would be nice, Irene."
 
She earns a giggle from the others.
 
"I just don't need to say anything right now. I mean," she brings a spoonful of carrot cake to . "I don't wanna jinx it yet."
 
Seulgi finally speaks—scoffs, "please."
 
Irene glares at Seulgi, "don't give me an attitude just because you didn't get lucky this weekend."
 
Seulgi widens her eyes, "how do you know I didn't?"
 
They are all laughing at Seulgi. It drives the bear into a slight bad mood at that moment.
 
Irene bit her lower lip. She kind of feels guilty, after what she does to Seulgi. Plus, it is going to be awkward because they take the same physics class.
 
-
 
Irene ignores the teacher who is explaining things in front of the class as she keeps glancing at Seulgi. She tries to call Seulgi and fortunately, the latter hears it.
 
"What?" she whispers. 
 
Irene shows her note to Seulgi.
 
"Sorry I snapped at you. Can we talk after this?"
 
After a minute, Seulgi nods with a slight smile on her face.
 
-
 
Irene pulls Seulgi into one of the cubicle inside the ladies' restroom.
 
"This better be quick," the taller squints her eyes. "I want to go to the faculty after this. I need to give my assignment to Ms. Jung."
 
Irene just gives her a smile. 
 
A teasing smile.
 
"So," she giggles. "You don't wanna know about my date?"
 
Irene knows; she knows that Seulgi will give in. 
 
"I do." She sighs.
 
"But first, I want to know why did you said that I didn't get lucky this weekend?"
 
The smile on Irene's face disappears. She mentally curses herself as she avoids the look on Seulgi's eyes.
 
The latter chuckles. 
 
"Because I think," she lifts Irene's chin up. Their eyes finally meet. "I did."
 
They shares their warmth as the sparks inside their head are exploding, not to mention the butterflies in their stomachs flies to here and there as their lips meet. It is just an innocent kiss; a kiss that show up their loves for each other. Nothing else.
 
Seulgi is the one who breaks the contact between them. She stares at Irene's eyes once more before she throws a really charming smile that Irene always melts for.
 
"Hey," Seulgi starts as they go out from the restroom. "You should treat me ice cream. Because, you offended me."
 
Irene gives Seulgi a death glare, her fist lands on Seulgi's arm. "You really wanna die, don't you?"
 
Seulgi runs as fast as possible and shouts, "no! I want ice cream!"
 
Irene shakes her head, "stupid bear." She says before she starts running to chase the bear-girl.