Under The Trees

Under The Trees (A Jin Fluff)

Without seeing a thing, I carefully took steps that crunched the grass beneath me while the sun shone down and warmed my body.

"Where are you taking me, Seok?" I asked Jin as he covered my eyes and guided me across the unevenly-terrained ground with his strong tall body. I grinned after hearing his faint chuckle from behind me.

"I already told you, it's a surprise. Were almost there though," He replied softly through a smile. I sighed in defeat and allowed him to use me as a steering wheel for the next minute. After what seemed like forever, he stopped me abruptly.

"Okay, were here," He finally said, uncovering my eyes and standing by my side. "Ta-da," He sang, holding out his hands and wiggling his fingers. I laughed at his sillyness and covered my mouth, taking in the sight.

"Oh my.. Seok, it's.. It's beautiful," was all I managed to say, although compiling it into words wouldn't give it enough justice to what I felt.

Jin pulled me close to him and kissed me passionately, brushing my cheek ever so slightly with the back of his hand. He knew that I appreciated him, and that was the only way I could express it accurately.

"I'm glad you like it. Sit down, I'll serve you," He offered with a warm tone. Nothing could describe how much I loved him. Everything he did was always so full of thought and sweet and perfect.

I giddied as I lowered myself into a criss-crossed sitting position on the classic red and white checkered blanket. A woven picnic basket sat in the middle of it, and napkins hung delicately over the sides. He sat down next to me and smiled, and I leaned back to admire his beautiful face. How did I ever get so lucky?

He then lifted up the basket's top, and pulled out two miniature paper plates. He set one down in front of his long legs, and held onto mine. He reached back into the basket and pulled out a plastic wrapped triangular sandwich, and placed it onto my plate. Then he pulled out a jar of- jam it looked like? And used a spoon to add some to my plate.

"Jimin didn't have any, so I had to ask Namjoon for some." Jin handed me my plate and started on his.

"It's cranberries," He added. "Mmm," I expressed as I took a bite out of the sandwich. Anything that Jin made was always my favorite. "This is so good, what's in it?" I asked, mouth full of food.

He looked over to me and grinned, having seen my face stuffed. He reached out to dab around my mouth with a napkin and I embarrassingly blushed. "Just ham, cheese, lettuce, and there may be a secret ingredient too," Jin said, taking the first bite out of his sandwich. I rolled my eyes and smirked. Always with the secrets, huh Jin?

"Pretty basic, but I know you like to keep things simple," He winked, and started on the cranberry jam on his plate.

He handed me a plastic spoon and I began eating mine too. "Mm! Wow okay, this is super awesome. Tell Namjoom he's gotta give us more of this!" I exclaimed, lost in the tangy sweet and sour flavor of it.

"I know right, this might even be better than mine. But then again it's the only food he knows how to make well," Jin joked, causing us to both laugh at Namjoon's inability to cook.

I looked up and watched as the trees swayed in the wind, causing leaves to fall left and right. They gave us shade from the blazing sun, and left us in a cool, shady spot underneath it all. I closed my eyes and breathed in slowly. This was truly bliss. Matter of fact, anywhere with Jin was.

I opened my eyes, and instinctively looked over at Jin, who was looking at me without expression, holding his half-eaten sandwich in hand. "What?" I smirked, looking him in the eye curiously.

"Nothing, you're just.. so beautiful," He simply responded. He looked down to my hand, and placed his soft one onto mine. I followed his gaze and looked back up to him, and leaned in toward his face. I cupped his cheek and kissed him. Every time this happened it always felt magical, like nothing could go wrong.

He reached up and grabbed my neck delicately, pulling me closer as if that were even possible. We parted moments later and he rested his head on my shoulder. "I couldn't imagine life without you," He spoke softly. I his soft hair and just smiled down at him. Sometimes he was so child like. Precious little Seok.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot," Jin spoke out of nowhere, lifting his head off of my shoulder and startling me from the peace beforehand. I retracted my hand from his head as he reached into the basket and pulled out a container.

"Seolbing," He stated, holding out the plastic box in front of me.

"Oh my gosh, I've always wanted to try this Seok! Thank you!" I exclaimed. He smiled and opened it up slowly, making me go crazy from the anticipation. He then wiped off his previously used spoon and dipped it into the ice cream topped with strawberry slices and bread crumbs. I my lips as he gathered a plentiful spoonful of it, and raised it up to my mouth. I took a bite and chewed the delicious treat for the first time.

Wow... once again, this is a situation where I have no words to explain the feeling- or in this case, the taste!

"Is it good?" He asked as he watched me enjoy it. "I nodded and made an 'okay' gesture with my hand and grabbed my spoon to get another taste of it.

As if my nod was an approval, he ate a spoonful of his own, and we just went from there, sharing a container of Seolbing from the adorable cafe down the street.

Nothing could be better than this- me and Jin sitting together under the trees on a fine day In Seoul. Nothing.

Jin let me have the last bite, and after we finished the last of the ice cream, we both layed down on the blanket full from the dessert and feeling cozy together. He had his arm around me and our heads touched comfortably.

"You wanna know something, Y/N?" He asked me, still looking up into the sky. I looked over at him, noticing his long eyelashes and pink lips. He seriously looked like he fell from that sky above us. "Yeah?" I answered, curious as to what he would say.

"I love you. You're perfect in my eyes, and I love being with you. You make my day brighter," He responded, and he turned his head to kiss me on the cheek. I blushed and reminisced in my head about how amazing this whole day had been once Jin came home from the studio.

"I love you too," I replied.

I layed there still, listening to the rustling of leaves and the sound of the wind.

Birds chirped, children chased each other in the distance, and me and my boyfriend layed together on a picnic blanket under the trees.