Vingt-Quatre

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun

"Wake up," a voice whispered, causing Sehun to stir.

"Hm?" Sehun mumbled without opening his eyes.

"Wake up!" It was then that a pillow hit him in the face and Sehun shot up to look at Eunji who was grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"What time is it?" Sehun asked, grabbing the pillow from her hands.

"Eh, ten." Eunji looked over at the clock on her nightstand and shrugged.

"Why are you still here? Don't you have work?" Sehun looked at Eunji who was still in her pajamas.

"Baekhyun is taking over for me today," Eunji explained. 

"Why? Is something the matter or are you just playing hookie?" Sehun laughed, reaching out to grab Eunji's waist and pull her closer.

"Well, in a way I'm playing hookie," Eunji contemplated, "but I've got a little bit of an excuse to be out today."

"And what's that?" Sehun asked with a smile.

"I've got to spoil my boyfriend for our anniversary." Eunji kissed Sehun on the nose and grinned from ear to ear.

"Oh, !" Sehun smacked himself on the forehead. "I ing forgot!"

He was upset at himself for forgetting the major milestone and was angry that he hadn't thought to buy Eunji a gift of some sort. He had been so caught up in their day to day life that he didn't stop and think about their big picture. They had been together for a whole year now, and that was something incredible, especially for him.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up." Eunji cupped Sehun's cheek in her hand. "It's not that big of a deal."

"Not that big of a deal?" Sehun cried out. "I couldn't stay with the same girl for two days, much less a whole year. This is so important, and I'm sure all your past boyfriends and girlfriends could remember your anniversary. God, I should have remembered!"

"Sehun, even after a year, you're still learning. You've never had an anniversary, you aren't used to the idea. Now, shut up and come eat the breakfast I made." Eunji flicked Sehun's forehead lightly and got up off her bed to walk to her kitchen.

Sehun was still upset with himself, but he followed Eunji's orders and got out of bed to join her in the kitchen. Before him was a great array of fresh fruits, french toast, pancakes, and all sorts of toppings. When he looked over, Sehun saw Eunji looking at him with glowing expectance. She looked so eager for him to try the food she made just for their anniversary. Granted, he had had her french toast and pancakes before, but he had a new excitement for them simply because today was a special day.

"Lets go shopping together," Sehun suggested as they ate.

"Where do you want to go?" Eunji asked and popped a blueberry in .

"Wherever as long as it's with you." Sehun smiled gently as he thought back on their year.

"Nerd." Eunji threw a blueberry at Sehun, rolling her eyes.

"Hey!" Sehun protested when the fruit hit his cheek.

"Let's just wander around Myeongdong together," Eunji said.

"That sounds fine to me." Sehun smiled.

The two of them finished their breakfast and elected to leave the dishes in the sink for later rather than clean them now. They both got ready at a lethargic pace and eventually came to meet at the front of Eunji's apartment.

"Ready?" Eunji asked, beaming at Sehun

"Yeah." He nodded and opened the door for his girlfriend. 

He felt so privleged to be able to be on the receiving end of such a smile from Eunji. Throughout the last year, he had been able to learn so much about her. He learned about her family and her shaky relationship with her parents, he learned about her fatal flaw of being a little too rash about everything she did, and he learned about her love for literature. Those things and so many more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter