Stay

[Oneshot] Separation

The steady breathing of children calms me...angels lay in their little beds, knowing nothing about the cruel world that surrounds them.

In my hands lay a lifeless kid...a girl without a name...a soul who hasn't seen the world.

"Unnie..."

I closed my eyes. This will be a mistake, but can I really forsake my sister?

Four miscarriages in a row, and now after going through nine months, her baby died. She will turn crazy if she ever knows about this.

The child died, not long after delivery. When I placed her carefully down to her bed, a little while later, her breathing stopped. Complications.

Nobody saw it...just me.

Kim Heechul. A boy.

Kim Heesoon. A girl.

Twins.

They were lucky to have such healthy kids. Maybe, it wouldn't be bad if I give the other one to my sister. I took the little angel in my hand and placed it beside the girl.

"All babies looks the same..." I exchanged their places.

Now, Kim Heesoon is dead....

Yeon Hee...you are now Kim Yeon Hee.

~~~~

"You..." she said to me. "How can you do this? You should have told me back then! Unnie! How can you do this?!"

I smiled and closed my eyes. My sister is such a fool. I did it for her. Everything for her.

Yeon Hee became a very beautiful girl. Clever and witty. She was stubborn at some point but she was sweet. How she loved her "mother"...she can even kill for her adoptive parents. Her eyes were fierce if needed and as soft as a petal when she's happy. She loved me, too.

I lay, in my hospital bed. Saying my goodbyes to my little sister.

"Unnie, unnie...please tell me it's all a lie. Yeon Hee is my child right? She's mine. Huh? Tell me unnie..."

"She's yours...since that day. Take care of her."

I took my last breath. And I knew...it was the end.

"Unnie? Unnie!! Andwae!!"

~~~~

Yeon Hee's POV:

"Are you...Kim Heechul?" even the question needn't to be answered because I already know the answer just by looking at his surprised face. "I am Kim YeonHee...your twin..."


Yeah...it's short and quite a little senseless. >.<

But now all of you know, so they're twins okay?

I'm sorry...really sorry>.<