Invitation

WINTER SUNSHINE

"Ji Eun..." 


She heard a female calling out of her name as she was still asleep in her bed, cuddling into a big teddy bear. She toss around to lay on her other side and smiled with a giggle. She sigh in her thought, "Myung Soo oppa..." She was too busy having a romantic dream, to wake up from it. 


"Lee Ji Eun...?" The handsome boy smiled at the girl in glasses, as he stood before her in a field filled with beautiful flower and the sun setting high in the sky.


"Huh?" Ji Eun look up at him in surprised. "Y-Ye, Myung Soo shi..." She shyly looks down, away from looking at him in the eyes.


Myung Soo lift his hand and reach over to touch her face. Ji Eun heart begin to start pounding hard and racing really fast. He slowly lift her chin up,so her eyes would meet his. She look at him and he smiled softly at her, as if she was the only person in the world for him.


"Saranghae..." He said and her heart immediately skip a beat, upon hearing those three little world that any girl wishes to heard from the one they are in love with.


'S-sarang...' Ji Eun stuttered in her thought. Myung Soo slowly lend in  towards her. 'Omo, is he going to kiss me...?'


Ji Eun quickly shut her eyes, waiting his lips to brush against her. Just as he was about to lay a kiss upon her lips, she heard someone shouted her name out.

 

"LEE JI EUN!!! WAKE UP!!!" She quickly open her eyes and sat up startled. She look over toward her dresser and read what time it was on her clock.

 

7:05 AM.


"AAAHHH," Ji Eun screamed and immeditely jump out of bed.

 
She grabs her glasses by her clock on the dresser as she slip on her fuzzy panda slipper. As she was head out the door, she grab her towel that was hung on the wall by the door and shuffled towards the bathroom when her sister Lee Jin Joo walks out from the kitchen area. Jin Joo stretch her arms out, causing Ji Eun to slide to a stop. Ji Eun look up at her sister and Jin Joo smirked.


"Hey, Lee Ji Eun, why the rush? Ahhh, rushing to go see your boyfriend?" Jin Joo laughed.


"Of course," Ji Eun said angrily and push her sister arm out of her way, "Why? Jealous?"


Jin Joo scoffed, "Jealous?"


Ji Eun rolled her eyes and push her glasses up on the bridge of her nose. She glared at Jin Joo before making her way to the bathroom... Ji Eun love her sister Jin Joo, but at the same time, she despise her for her tactiful behavior. Jin Joo might be a few years older than her, but she was definitely smarter than her and more mature than Jin Joo can ever be.

 
"Ye, ye, jealous, my . Like you will ever be able to reach his level," Ji Eun overheard her sister before she return to the kitchen to eat breakfast.


Ji Eun groan angrily and slam the bathroom door shut.

 

----------

 

-Ji Eun POV-

 

Luckily I made it to school safe and sound, before the teacher begin catching students and punishing them for be late. As I was walking into classroom, all the girls, in their own little group, were chatting away about the upcoming dance. This time it was the girls turn to ask the boy to the dance. If I could recall, the dance is going to be held at the Hotel, two days from today.


"Are you going to ask him now?" "Who are you going to ask?" "I asked him last night." "Omo, he said no???"


I walked pass all the groupies and as I was making my way towards the front of the class where my seat was, all the girls would stop and glared at me in disgust. Calling me names.  I didn't mind much since I was too use to it ever since a certain someone had arrived to Seoul High School. I sigh and place my back pack on my desk. As I sat down and started taking my notebook out of my backpack, one of the girl walked over to me and crossed her arms across her chest while chewing on gum.


"Hey," she kick the leg of my desk, causing the notebook to slip out of my hand and onto the ground. I closed my eyes, letting go of a deep sigh before opening my eyes and looking up at her.


"What do you want, Yi Sang Mi?" I asked, with an effort of not showing my anger. She scoffed away, looking at her lackeys and I could tell, without looking back, that they were rolling their eyes.


Sang Mi look at me with a look of stupidity as she uncross her arms and place her right hand on the corner of my desk. "I heard that you are going to be asking Myung Soo to the dance. Right?"


"Why? Afraid that he might say yes to me?" Sang Mi chuckled at my respond and before I know it, she grab my bag and start dumping all my stuff out. I quickly stood up in shock, seeing my things falling out from my backpack. She harshly threw my backpack on top of my things and I look up at her. "Are you crazy?"


"What? Crazy?" I just ignore her and walk around my desk. I heard her scoffed as I was  bend down and started putting my things back. Suddenly Sang Mi grabs my hair and said angrily, "What did you call me?"


I quickly stood up before she could swung me against the desk or anything around that area and grab a hold of her hand that was grasping my hair. Everyone in the class and a few outside, stop and watch us. "Ya... Sang Mi..." a boy started to speak up but stop once one of Sang Mi lackey gave him a death stare and went back to reading his book. I angrily stared at her lackey and rolled my eyes to look over at Sang Mi.


"Let go..." I demanded but that only made her pulled onto my hair tighter.

 

"Tell me." I didn't say anything, but just stared at her. She chuckled and her lackeys smirked. "Are you scared?"


I sigh frustrated. For one, I didn't come to school to get into a fight with Miss Popularity and so I said, "Let... Go..."


She inhale through her nostrils angrily and pull my hair tighter. She lift her hand up and was about to swung it, while I quickly shut my eyes tightly, a boy from outside of the classroom called out a name, ("Myung Soo!"), causing around to gasp. Sang Mi quickly took towards the door and back at me. She rolled her eyes and harshly push me toward the window. I stumble back and hit my left wrist against the window sill, causing me to yelp and I bit my lip quickly from screaming in pain.


I stood there, facing toward the window, holding my left wrist in pain as Sang Mi walked back to her group. She brush her hair back and slowly sat down in her seat like she was a princess. She look over at me with smirk and I sighly weakily, not daring to move. Suddenly, he walked into the class with his hands in his pocket and one strap hanging from one shoulder.


"Myung Soo shi..." I heard Sang Mi said and I quickly intense up. 


I quickly look at her and saw that she was standing with a smile on her face, but staring at someone. I slowly turn around, still holding onto my injured wrist, and saw Kim Myung Soo standing there by the door. To my surprised, he was staring back at me. I quickly hid my wrist behind my back and my body instense up in pain as I continue to look at him. Sang Mi smiled faded when he didn't look at her and slowly follow where his eyes was on. noticing that it was me, she got angrily. Suddenly, she giggles and quickly walked over to Myung Soo.


"Good morn..." Sang Mi started speaking as she was about to wrap her arms around his, but he quickly look away and walk off like she wasn't there. 


Her lackeys scoffed at his rudeness and Sang Mi stood there like a sad puppy. Everyone went back to talking about their own little things and I stood there watching Myung Soo taking his seat in the back of the class. He put his ear phones on and lay his head down. I sigh and went back to picking up my things off the ground, then walked back to my seat when the teacher came in, tapping their magical wooden stick against the wall.


"Yi Sang Mi, what are you doing?" The teacher stop and stared at her. "Go take you seat."


"Yes, Mr. Han..." Sang Mi said sadly and walked towards her seat.


"Good morning class. Did everyone do their homework?" Mr. Han asked, standing behind the podium, and with hands placed on the edge.


"Yes!" Everyone said in unison as they took out their notebook and I quickly raise my right hand.


"Yes, Ji Eun shi...?" he said with a nice voice and smiled.


"I need to go to the pharmacy..."


"Why?" he said in a worried tone, "Are you sick?"


"Yes, Mr. Han."


He smiled sadly and nodded. "Of course. Go."


I quickly stood up and bowed. "Thank you, teacher."


Mr. Han gestured for me to just leave and I bowed once more before walking out of the classroom. I took a right turn from the door and started heading towards the pharmacy that was down the hall by the stairs, but came a stop and look through the window of my classroom to see Kim Myung Soo waking up from his usual morning routine nap. I smiled. I watch him a moment, but the smile that was plastered on my face, slowly faded away. I look away and slowly walked off.

 

----------

 

Ding-dong, the bell rung.


"Make sure to finish your project and bring it in tomorrow," Mr Han finished off his session.


"Ye!" The class said in unison as they put their books in their desk and a boy from the front stood.


"Attention," the boy said and everyone sat in attention. "Bow."


Everyone bowed and Mr. Han waved before heading out of the door. Once he was out of sight, everyone started to get up and heading towards the back to grab their gym clothes out of their locker. Myung Soo sat there in his seat, putting his ear phone in and closed his eyes as he placed his hands in his pockets. 
Usually when it's time for gym, everyone goes a bit crazy, including lunch. 


Yi Sang Mi was still sitting in her seat, finishing up writing a note, as her friend Lee Mi Na came up to her and sat in the seat in front of her desk. "Hey, what are you doing? A love note?"


"Yes," Sang Mi smiled. She drew a heart on the corner of the note and quickly fold  it twice before standing up. "You go ahead, I will catch up."


"Okay, hurry you don't want to be late," Mi Na said and walked out the just as Ji Eun walked up. 


She gave Ji Eun a disgusted look and walk off as she shoulder bump her, causing her to stumble against the wall. Ji Eun sigh in frustration as she watch her walking off in sassy way and rolled her eyes. She look away and was about to walk in, but once she look up, she saw Sang Mi standing in front of Myung Soo, who was still sitting at his deskwith his eyes close. Ji Eun stood there at the door and watch them.


'Don't tell me she is going to ask him?' Ji Eun thought.


Myung Soo open his eyes and stood up. He walk around his chair and was about to walk off, but quickly stop. He turn his head to look at Sang Mi and look down at her hand, see her holding a note in her hands. Sang Mi took a step towards him and was about to say his name, but Myung Soo walked off as he look away from her. He walks towards the door and came to stop, standing right next to Ji Eun.


Ji Eun inhale softly, in surprised and stood there intensing due to the unexpected stop of Myung Soo. She slowly turn her head to look a t him, to see that he was staring back at her. He looks down at her wrist, to see that it was wrap up. Noticing that he was staring at her hand, she quickly hid it behind her back and look down, away from his stares.


"Hurry up, or you will be late..." Myung Soo said.


"Huh?" Ji Eun quickly look up at him in surprised. "Y-Ye..." He look away and walk off. Ji Eun quickly turn around to watch him and a smile crept up on her face. Once he disappeared from around the corner, Ji Eun around and look up to her to surprised, to see Sang Mi stand there with her arms crossed.


"Ya, Lee Ji Eun. Don't be so hopeful. Myung Soo oppa isn't going to say yes to you, so stop dreaming." She rolled her eyes and walk off as she shoulder bump her. Ji Eun sigh angrily and closed her eyes to calm herself before she does anything.


"Jerk..." She muttered and walk into the classroom.

 

----------


 
I'm sorry Myung Soo shi. I just not sure if I want to do this anymore, the text said. Myung Soo sigh and quickly press on the home button on his cell phone. A picture of a girl and him pop up on the home screen. He stared at it for a moment before he sigh once more and turn his phone off. He look up and watch the other students playing dodge ball. Sang Mi look over and saw him staring. She smiled and wave to him. Myung Soo rolled his eyes and stood up. 


Ji Eun walked down the stairs of the concrete  bleacher as she was trying to wrap her wrist, but keep on messing up. She made another attempt, but the wrap slip and fell onto the group. She reach down and was about to pick up, but a hand grab it before her. She quickly look up and her eyes widen to see Myung Soo. He look at the wrap in his hand and look up at her.


"M-Myung Soo shi..." Ji Eun stuttered lowly. He look down at her hand and she quickly hid her hand behind her back. She bit her bottom lip as she she look down, away from his gaze.


"Do you need help?" He asked while looking at her.

 
"W-What?" She quickly look up at him in surprised. He nodded towards her wrist with his chin and she look down as she pull her hand from behind her back, revealing a dark bruised wrist. Before she could say anything, Myung Soo started wrapping the wrap around her wrist and her heart started to race.


"Your name is Lee Ji Eun, right?" He asked as he wrap her wrist.


"Y-Yes. I didn't know you knew my name," she said in surprised. 


"Of course I do. You're the class president," he said. Ji Eun didn't respond, but smiled at him. He finish up and look up at her. "I know you're the smartest in the class, so don't put up with Yi Sang Mi childish acts."


Her smiled faded and she sigh softly as she look down. He stood there for a second before walking pass her to go up the stairs. Ji Eun stood there for a moment before turn around and said, "Thank you Myung Soo shi."


He didn't stop, nor turn around, but continue walking up the stairs. Ji Eun smiled and turn around to proceed walking down the stairs to meet up with the rest of the class. Sang Mi had been standing there, watching them the whole time from a far distance. Her expressions were dark and evil. She could tolerate her, but when it comes to Kim Myung Soo, she wanted Lee Ji Eun died. Mi Na walked up to Sang Mi and look to see where she was staring at. Noticing Myung Soo and seeing four-eyes Ji Eun walking down the bleacher, she chuckled as she cross her arms.


"What do you want me to do to her?" Mi Na asked as she continue to watch Ji Eun, who stop and turn around to watch Myung Soo. Mi Na look away and look over at Sang Mi, who was fuming with anger.


"Do whatever it takes to bring her down to her knees." With that, Sang Mi turn around and took off. Mi Na watch her walk off and slowly look back at Ji Eun. She smirked and went to follow her friend.

 

----------

 

-Ji Eun POV-

 

Gym was finally over and before I went to go change, I need to use the restroom. I enter one of the stall and lock it. I pulled my shorts down and sat down on the toilet. As I was doing my business, I heard giggles from outside of the stalls. I quickly finish up and pull my shorts back up. Fear started to shown across my face as I look down at the door to see shadows creeping up to the stall that I was in. 


Two pairs of shoes appeared and I gasp in fear, causing me to quickly hold onto the lock to keep it from open. I look down to see if they were still there and as I did so, one of the two threw clothes over above me. I quickly look and noticed it was my clothes. Before I could react, cold water was poured from above, soaking me from head to toes and my clothes got drenched. I heard the two girls laughed and ran off, out of the rest room. 


I stood there, soaked in cold water, and tears started swelling up. As I slowly bend down to pick up my wet clothes, tears streams down my cheeck and I burst out crying... A girl with long black hair, tied into a pony tail, came walking around the corner of the hallway to see two girls running out of the restroom laughing. She noticed one of them had a bucket and got curious of what had happen. She quickly walk towards the restroom and stop before walking in. 


She stood outside of the restroom for a moment, thinking who could it be and a specific person came to mind. "Ji Eun..." She quickly said in shock and ran inside. She quickly knocked on the door to the stall I was in. "Ya! Lee Ji Eun."


Upon hearing the girl knocking on the restroom stall door, I quickly cover my mouth from crying out loud as tears continue streaming down my face, while holding my wet clothes in my non-injured hand. The girl look down to see a flood of water and gasp in shock. "Ji Eun, are you okay?" But I didn't say anything and she started knocking again. "Ya! Lee Ji Eun, open the door!"


I quickly wipe my tears away and clear my throat. I hung my wet clothes on my arm and turn to face the door. I sigh and slowly open the door. I look to see who it was and smiled. "Soo Young..."


Soo Young gasp in shock when she saw me. She look at me from head to toes, side to side, and quickly grab a hold of my hand that wasn't injured. "Ya... Lee Ji Eun? You... Ya, what happen? Was it that Yi Sang Mi and her lackeys?"


I shook my head and slightly smile, "No, I'm okay. Lets go."


"O-Okay..." Soo Young wrap her arms around mine and lead me out the restroom. As we walked out the restroom, we came across Yi Sang Mi and her lackys, lending against the wall with their arms across their chest. They started laughed and Soo Young was about to confront them, but I quickly grab her arm to held her back. "Ya, Yi Sang Mi, what's the matter with you?"


Sang Mi chuckled and walk over to us, while her 2 friends trail behind her and she shove Soo Young back. "Ya, Kim Soo Young. You should know better to be talking to me like that. Or you might end up with your little friend..." Sang Mi look at me and I quickly look down as I push my glasses up. She stared at me for a sec and chuckled. "Pathetic." She and her friends snickered and took off walking, but stop on their track when they saw Myung Soo standing there, looking over at us. "M-Myung Soo shi..."

 

"Ya, Yi Sang Mi, lets go..." Mi Na said and quickly pull her by the arm. They quickly scramble off, passing Myung Soo on the way, without looking at him. Soo Young and I look over at him. Myung Soo rolled his eyes and continue walking toward our direction. 


"Let go..." Soo Young said. I look at her and nodded with a smile.


"Woooohhhh!" We heard someone shouted and we look to see a boy jumping on Myung Soo  back, while another boy walking from behind. "Why didn't you wait for us?"

 

Myung Soo chuckled and shoved the boy off from him. "Because you're Mister Slow Nam Woo Hyun." The other boy laughed and started walking ahead of them.


"Ugh," Woo Hyun said like he got shot as he place his hand on his chest, "Dude, you just broke my heart." Myung Soo chuckled as he shook his head and took off to catch up to his other friend. "Hey, wait for me!"


As we were walking, hopefully to not interact with them, but sadly we got stop by one of them. "Ya..." The guy said in surprised. "Lee Ji Eun, what happen to you?"


"Sung Yeol, don't ask question, if you don't care," Soo Young threw it back in his face.


"Ah, you're right," Sung Yeol said and Myung Sool, along with Nam Hyun Woo appear right side him.


"Whoa. President, what happen to you?" Woo Hyun asked me in surprised and Soo Young shot him a glared, causing him to quickly look away, scratching his head like he didn't say anything. I look at Myung Soo and he look at me.


"Let go..." Myung Soo said and took off.


Woo Hyun look at him and over to us. "Oh... Okay..." He smiled with a wave before taking off and Sung Yeol, follow right behind him, without saying anything.


"Ugh, bastards," Soo Young said and snickered. "Let's go." She pull me along and I just walked quietly. 


Honestly, I feel embaress having him see me like this. Maybe I'm just a selfish fool, like Jin Joo said.

 

----------

 

'Soo Young told me to not do it.' Ji Eun was lending against the wall at the front gate of the school, kicking rocks around, as students were rushing home or got to have fun. She sigh and push back away from the wall. She look towards the school to see if he was coming, but notcing him not coming out yet, she started pacing back and forth. 'But I didn't listen to her...' Ji Eun look again, but there was still no Myung Soo and she went back pacing, until she heard his name being called.


"Myung Soo shi!" Ji Eun looks up to see Myung soo walking towards the front gate and Yi Sang Mi running up to him from the side. Ji Eun stop pacing and watch them from the distance.Myung Soo stop and look at Sang Mi, who looks like she was out of breathe. She smiled brightly at him and she quickly open her bag, taking out a small present. "This is for you." She hand it towards him, but he just look down at it. 

 

"What's this for?" He asked as he look up at her. She giggled and quickly grab his hand, placing her present in the palm of his hand.
"Go to the dance with me?" She asked. He scoff and rolled his eyes.


"I don't want to," he said and walk off past her as he shove the present against her.


"B-But..." Sang Mi said sadly as she quickly turn around to look at him, but he just continue walking off. "Myung Soo shi!" She quickly ran up to him and stop in front of him. "I like you. I like you since you first came here."


"And?" Myung Soo look down at her that she was a pathetic.


"Um... because...because...." Sang Yi said. She was lost in words, not knowing what else to say. Ji Eun sigh sadly and slowly turn around, walking off. Myung Soo rolled his eyes and look away from Sang Mi, until his eyes lay upon the back of Ji Eun. He chuckled.


"Sorry, but I'm already going with someone else," with that he walk off past her and started ran off. As Ji Eun was walking, someone suddenly stop right in front of her with their back facing towards her. She look up to see who it was and her eyes widen to see Myung Soo. He sigh as he closed his eyes and quickly turn around to look at her.


"M-Myung Soo shi..." She stared up at him in confusion.


"Lee Ji Eun." He took a step closer to her and let go of a deep sigh. "I'll go to the dance with you."


Yi Sang Mi eyes widen and gasp at and with that, everything suddenly felt like it stop and time had froze. Ji Eun stared at him in the eyes for a long moment before saying anything or more like she didn't know what to say, but she managed to let out a word. "What?"