First meeting

He knows

Clutching hard at her shirt, tightening her shirt around her abdomen as she slides down the wall behind the classroom on the ground floor. She layed slumped, trying to breathe properly and trying to ease the pain in her abdomen. Those stabbing pains had been an annoyance since the last lesson and now it is starting to become a terrible torture. Closing her eyes, she tries to calm her mind and put herself at ease; putting herself into a delusion to forget the prickling pain that doesn't seem to get better over time.

"I need something warm and sweet," Ryuna muttered as she start to stand up and walk towards the vending machine just around the corner. With all her strength, she threaded towards the vending machine- muttering inaudible words of complaints. Alas, when she finally reached the vending machine- which seems like miles away- she suddenly felt a sharp jab in the abdomen and down she goes. She slumped down on the ground beside the machine, cowered up like she was a victim of bully; well technically bullied by the monthly mentrual cycle which never seems to bring any joy. 

"Are you alright?" A soft, velvety voice greeted her. Looking up, she almost choked on her own breath looking at the guy with such handsome features, he could make any girl swoon. Too bad she was so close to fainting over the jabbing pains in her abdomen to swoon over him. "I'm fine. Thank you," and she gave him a weak smile while still clutching tightly on her shirt. With her head down, she felt like she could sleep there when the guy tapped her on her shoulders and passed her a can of hot chocolate. 

"I think you'll feel better with this." Looking up into his eyes, she thanked him and gulped down the chocolate drink as soon as she opened it. "Ah, the soothing sweet and warm chocolate," she thought in her head as her abdomen soon felt better. She gave the kind stranger a weak smile as he nodded and walked off. She stayed on the ground until it felt like forever; then the pain came back- it came as soon as it was gone. She tightened the shirt around her waist, hoping that the tightness will ease the pain. As the pain became more unbearable, she felt her world fading into darkness- not before she felt a pair of arms holding her up.  

                                                     ♥ ~

"Is she alright?" The first question he asked the school nurse as soon as he reached the infirmary- while trying to lay her down in bed properly.

"Yes, she is fine, dear. Just the monthly cycle bothering her too much. She'll be fine after a good sleep. It helps to forget the pain;" answered the school nurse. 

He stared at her face and silently said to himself, "She's pretty cute when she sleeps," with a small smile formed on his face. The school nurse's "Hello?" jolted him out of his daydream.

"Oh, okay. Err, I'll just wait till she wakes up?" he questioned. With a giggle she answered,"It's alright dear. You can go back to class first. Don't worry too much about your girlfriend. She'll be fine. I don't think your lecturer will be pleased if you missed too many lessons. You better go now." And right after she uttered those words, the bell rang, signalling the change of lessons. After thinking hard for a moment he replied, "Alright. I better go. Thanks." He didn't even bother to correct the nurse or even noticed the fact that the unknown girl he brought into the infirmary was now known as his girlfriend by the nurse.

                                                     ♥ ~

"Ah. what a good sleep," she muttered as she slowly got up from the infirmary bed. The nurse's "How are you feeling, dear?" got her so startled she almost fell off the bed. "Oh, I'm good now. Thank you," as she got down and bowed a polite 90 degree bow. "Oh don't thank me sweetheart. Thank your boyfriend. He must have had a hard time carrying you here," the nurse said with a gentle smile. "Err, I don't have one...," Ryuna answered with loads of questions popping into her head, "What boyfriend?" "Who is she talking about?" "Wrong person ,eh?" "Oh don't be shy dear. He was so sweet. He wanted to wait until you woke up but his classes were starting so I shooed him back. You two make a pretty pair," said the nurse with a wink. "Um okay. Thank you for letting me stay here. I guess I better go now." With a smile she quickly left the room; still wondering who was the guy who helped her. Well, all she needs now is food- with her stomach grumbling, she could think of nothing else and so she just pushed the thought of the kind stranger to the back of her mind and went on a mission looking for food, particularly good food.