the journey

The journey of life

In the late night of October,the city of Seoul was quiet and peaceful as all the residents had already drifted to dreamland-except for ONE.The sound of faint hip hop music could be heard from the practice room.A sweaty boy was still there sitting on the wooden floor,panting.He was trying to catch his breath after dancing for hours long.His shirt was drenched with sweat and his ankle was hurting badly yet he didn't mind about it.He stood up limping a little and went back to his laptop."This part should be fixed" the boy named Kim Hanbin or better known as B.I mumbled to himself.It has been hours since he practiced his dance moves just so he could give a finished product to s tomorrow.Everyone keeps telling him that he works too damn hard.He knows he shouldn't be pushing himself to the limits.He knew he was still a very young boy who should probably be hanging out with friends at the mall or the arcade at his age.But he needs to work even harder every single day not just for himself but for the other 8 lifes that were counting on him.After Bobby,Jinhwan and himself were announced as the members of iKON,he was thrilled of course.But seeing his friends who worked hard these past 3 years with him made him felt bad and guilty.He wanted to share the happiness of being accepted but he didn't want his friends to feel worse.He tried to comfort them and telling them that they still can do it.But the sudden addition to the group made it harder for that poor boy.He was only 18 yet he had to bear the responsibility of a 30 year old man.He didn't like the new addition of members.He wanted the 6 of them to debut together as one.He didn't like the fact that there were 3 new members who just came had to compete with the other 3 who didn't quite make it as iKON.He knew he deserved the chance to debut since he had trained for the longest time but he just couldn't bear seeing his dear friends competing with each other again like what they did during WIN.It hurts seeing your friends being tortured.But as the leader, he had to help them.After showing the 3 new members how to dance and get use to the new group,he started to grow fonded to them.He started to treat them more like a family now.He was pleased to see them showing such great improvement in just a short time.

But it is still a competition so they had to compete for that remaining 4 spots in the group.Battle after battle,the competition was getting fiercer than ever.He felt even more guilty seeing his friends cry and break down time after time.He knew they shouldn't be in this spot.They shouldn't have to endure such pain.They don't deserve to.Although tears were shed and joints were hurt,they still potrayed the brotherly value among them.They still joke around with each other and played silly games when there was time.They didn't want the competition to ruin their relationship.They were indeed happy being together despite having to compete with one another.Anyone that saw how fondly and close their brotherhood were sure to shed tears at it's beauty.

 

The final battle was just around the corner.After the battle was over,their lives might change dramatically.Some might stay and some might leave.Nothing can change the fact that they were gonna be separated after a long time of training together. B.I was flipping through his laptop for the last time before shuting it off.The memory that came flooding through his mind just now ached him so much.He wanted to debut but at the same time he didn't want to lose his friends.He picked up his bag and went straight home.As he reached the dorm,his body was begging to shut down.His limps felt sore and weak.His little eyes were almost closing as he stepped into his shared room.He took off his sweaty shirt and got under the covers.It wasn't long before he drifted into a deep slumber.

 

Early next morning,the boys went to their practice room to get ready for their final battle. B.I showed the others the 2 songs he made a few days ago which were 'Long Time No See' and 'Sinosijak'."This is great,hanbin-ah" Bobby patted the boy's shoulder.The others nodded in agreement with relieved smiles plastered on their faces."Thanks" B.I replied.After the vocal session with their vocal teacher,they focused on getting the dance steps right.B.I showed them the dance moves he prepared for 'Sinosijak' and for their dance challenge.The others focused on every move and every step that B.I made.He has been dancing all his life.The others rely on him and his dance 'map'.The boys went through a long period of training and remembering the dance moves.The moves were definitely tough and could be quite confusing.The boys were injured many times during training. B.I's leadership was shown mostly went he coaches the others.He would scold them when they did wrong.His leader vibe made the group stand stronger and more united.After practice with the members, Bobby,Jinhwan and himself had to meet up with WINNER,their buddies from WIN.WINNER who already debuted a few months ago were preparing a special stage with the 3 members of iKON for the final battle.They were to perform WINNER's title track,Empty which was a collab track made by B.I himself with the help of his best buds,Bobby and Mino and a remix of their songs Just Another Boy.They were looking forward to meeting their friends.It was kind of hard to meet them lately since they are busy with their schedule. Looking at WINNER of course made them felt jealous.How they waited for the moment for them to own the stage,singing their own song.WINNER gleefully greeted the boys as they stepped into their practice room.They shook hands and hugged each other.Genuine smiles were always flashing from their faces.How they missed seeing each other again.They sat down and chatted for a moment before practice.They even played a few games just to fill in the time and relieve the tension.They were jumping around and happily dancing to Just Another Boy.The saying that Music Makes One is definitely true i guess.Although they were gonna be rivals in this industry,that didn't ruin their friendship what so ever.

 

After practice,the boys bid goodbye to their friends who were rushing to their next schedule.Seeing their friends working hard as WINNER makes them feel determined to do the same when they debut.They were upset before for not winning the title as WINNER,but now they are given a chance to debut as another group along with WINNER.But a competition is still a competition,so someone needs to let go of their life long dream as a singer and leave YG entertainment forever.Just the thought of it could send shivers to your spine. B.I just sat on the wooden floor after the boys left.The competition was finally getting to him.He knew after this was over,he might lose some great friends.He was too consumed in his thoughts that he didn't realize that a drop of tear fell down his cheek."Hanbin-ah.." Mino patted the boy's back trying to comfort him."Oh...hyung.Why are you still here? I thought you guys had another schedule after this" He said as he wiped his tear stained face. "We were told to take a rest today and help you guys prepare.Are you okay?" Mino drew circles with his hand on the younger boy's back. "I...I was just...It's hard,hyung.It's hard seeing them compete with each other again.I never felt happy when I was announced as the member of iKON.I don't want them to go through this torture again.It...It hurts,hyung.I wish I could take their place" B.I let out everything that was bothering him this past few months.He never told anyone how he really felt because he didn't want to make them worry.As the leader,he should take full responsibility not just for himself but for the whole group.Telling them how he really felt wouldn't make anything better.But when he is around Mino,he can't help but feel save and secure.He feels like he could tell this tanned guy anything."Hanbin-ah...I understand how you feel.I've been a leader once as you know.You feel like you need to bear the burden on your own because you don't wanna let anyone worry.You must be hurt seeing your members in pain and breaking down.That's how I felt every time I see my members cry or injured themselves.I sometimes blame myself for the pain that they are going through.I'm glad that Seungyoon is the leader.He is much better than me,he understands the member very well,not like me.But you're lucky i guess in a way.You have been their leader since like forever and a very good one i suppose.I never made it.You have that charisma and passion that none other have.I believe you can help your members improve and shine brighter on stage.I know you can" Mino flashed a genuine smile towards B.I making the boy's chest feel warm. B.I just nodded and smiled mekely at Mino's statement.This guy...this 22 year old guy really has so much faith in him."Yah..you shouldn't be sad,you know.Music is suppose to make you smile and be happy.Your music however is special.It makes people have mixed feelings.You are special,Kim Hanbin.Keep writing awesome songs.We're looking forward to it.I'm looking forward to it" Mino said as he brushed aside the sweaty hair on B.I's face. "Thank you...for believing in me" B.I said as a genuine smile crept upon his face. "What are you two doing here? Were you on a date or something? Yah Song minho,don't you dare steal Hanbinie from me" Bobby appeared out of nowhere as a smirk flashed upon his cute face."Why? You jealous Hanbin likes me more?" The tanned guy chuckled."You wanna challenge me? Oh it's on.Beware Hanbin,Im doing this just to win your heart back" Bobby laughed as he approached the two latter. "What would it be this time? Dance battle? Quiz?" Mino giggled as he lightly pushed Bobby. "Did you just touched me? Omg! He touched me!" Bobby's annoyed face made the studio echoed with their laughter. B.I just looked at his beloved hyungs.They've supported him all this time.He feels lucky to have such great friends around him.

 

It was the final day.The final day for them to get ready for the battle of their lifes. Chanwoo,Jinhyeong and Yunhyeong went on stage first to practice their cover song of 'Let's Twist Again'. The others just monitored them from the audience seat.Jinhyeong made a few mistakes which stirred B.I's anger.He raised his voice a little at the poor kid.The PD did the same as well making the poor boy even more nervous.After their practice,Jinhyeong went back stage shaking a little.He was worried he might ruin the performance for the whole group.Suddenly a pair of hands wrapped around his shoulder."Hyung?" Jinhyeong asked. "I'm here..i'm here.I'm sorry about earlier.I just didn't want you to make that same mistake later.I'm sorry I made you freak out" B.I said comforting the boy. "It's okay,hyung.I understand.Thank you for...pointing out my mistakes" Jinhyeong said.His eyes sting with unshed tears. "That's what friends are for.Good friends try to make you better.Great friends try to make you the best" B.I nuzzled his face into the darker boy's neck.Tears slowly fall on Jinhyeong's cheeks.Jinhyeong knew he could never meet someone as pure and caring as B.I . Their 'moment' was distracted by Junhoe who called for both of them to get ready for the next practice session.The practice session for 'Eyes,Nose,Lips' performed by Junhoe,Donghyuk and Hongseok went smoothly with just a few minor mistakes.

Next the practice session for 'Long Time No See' and 'Sinosijak' took place.The members did pretty well and enjoyed themselves along the way.But when it came to the the dance challenge,Donghyuk was having a rough time.He kept slipping and missing the beat when doing the flip.His leg was hurting badly yet he didn't quit."We need to do this again" B.I said frustratedly.Just then some music echoed the stadium.All eyes were focused on the big screen.One by one the members appeared on the screen wishing B.I a happy birthday. B.I was overwhelmed and couldn't smudge the smile off his face.The members brought a huge cake for him."Saengil Chukkahae,my bro" Mino said.The members of WINNER showed up although they were busy with their schedule."Thanks you guys" B.I said with a bright smile on his face.

 

That night,the boys went back to their dorm to settle down for the night before the ig day. B.I however was still awake and was flipping through his phone.He was scrolling through some pictures when he paused at the picture of the members of WINNER and iKON that was taken during his birthday.He could feel tears streaming down his face.He just can't believe this whole survival programme would be over after tomorrow.All of his efforts this past 3 years weren't a waste of sweat and time.He was snapped back to reality when his phone suddenly vibrated.There was a message from Mino. 

 

MINO : Good luck for tomorrow,bro.I know you will do great. You are the best composer/rapper/dancer/friend that I ever met.I have faith in you.Can't wait to perform on stage again with you.It's gonna be awesome.Get some sleep.I won't want to perform with a zombie-looking boy tomorrow.Bye

 

B.I couldn't help but smile upon reading the text."I never met someone as awesome as you,hyung.Never leave me.I need you in my life just as much as i need the others.I love you" B.I slowly drifted into dreamland while hugging his phone tightly around his chest.He knew that his fate will totally change after tomorrow.

The next morning,the boys woke up feeling really pumped up about the final battle.The boys woke up as the misk of dawn started to show itself from the horizon.They hurried to the studio to get dressed and prepare before getting on stage.B.I just sat there monitoring the others after he finished his make up session.He was really worn out after all the practiced they've done lately.His eyelids became heavier and his mind stopped functioning properly.Sleep got a hold of him and he slowly dozzed off.

 

Jinhwan sat beside B.I who was still fast asleep.Jinhwan slowly took his jacket off and wrapped it on the sleeping boy.Jinhwan just smiled as he patted B,I on his shoulder."You've done so much for us.We hope we could repay you.But nothing in this world is worth as much as your effort.The only thing we can do now is to do our best on stage.We care for you,Hanbin.Thank you so much for everything" Jinhwan said softly as he gently wipe the beads of sweat on B.I's forehead.A smile slowly creep on the sleeping boy's face.

After a few minutes,B.I woke up to the sound of the boys and the staffs talking.B.I rubbed his eyes and slowly walked towards Bobby. "What's going on? Why is everyone talking at once and in a very fast motion?" B.I asked. "It's Junhoe..looks like his injury was more serious than we thought.The paramedics just came here to check on him.I'm afraid..he won't be able to perform tonight" Bobby just sat in front of the dressing table in despair. B.I just stood there in shock.The cold maknae who they all loved was in great pain and he can't do anything about it.How he hated himself for that.He really wanted to trade places with him right this instance.The boy who gave his soul to dancing might not be able to dance for the biggest show of his life.

After what seemed like an eternity,Junhoe finally came back while being escorted by a young man. The others didn't think twice before rushing towards him like chickens swarming a bag of corn. It wasn't long before questions came flooding the young man who seemed a little puzzled by them. B.I shushed them and told the others to Junhoe inside the room while he have a small talk with the young man. "I'm sorry about that.They were very anxious waiting for him to come back that it must heve made them react that way" B.I apologized. "It's okay.I understand" the young man just flashed smile. "Is Junhoe all right? Will he be able to perform?" B.I locked his sweaty palms together as he waited for the man to answer. The man seemed troubled by the question but he just shrugged off the expression and cleared his throat before speaking again. "His ligament was slightly ripped.If he dance right now,he might never dance again after this.I'm really sorry" B.I just slammed his weak body against the wall as the news errupted his ear holes. 'He might never dance again',those words kept repeating itself like a damaged tape recorder.Those words pierced into B.I's heart and he felt as if the weight of the world had settled on his shoulders.He tried to hold back the tears as the young man patted the latter's back. "I'm really sorry that I cant do anything to help you guys.But I can only offer you some painkillers and other medication to help ease the pain for a while..not sure if this will do any good" the young man just handed a packet filked woth medicine to B.I as the boy took it with a weak smile on his face. "There's nothing any of us can do anyway so don't blame it on you" . The two of them just kept silent for a few seconds before the latter bid goodbye and went on his way.B.I stepped into the dressing room which was embraced by a nerve wrecking tension.Everyone was at their toes since they were both worried about Junhoe and the uncoming performance.Junhoe just laid there on the couch with his forearm covering his maybe tear stained face. "We cant give up.No matter what comes our way,we cant fall down.I know I may sound harsh for saying this but..Junhoe,sit up right now and ask the stylist to fix your make up.I have some medication which can help ease the pain and prolong the injury.You just need to believe you can do it.Its up to you now..do you want to step out of this room right now and leave your dreams behind or do you want to step proudly on that stage and give it your best? It's your choice,Ko junhoe" B.I uttered those words with a slightly harsh tone.He never meant to hurt anyone but he also doesnt want to see his friend give just like that.He could clearly see Bobby giving him a glare from the corner of his eye.The icy tension in the room was broken when Jumhoe stood up and went to B.I. "Let's do this" Junhoe smirked as he wiped his messy face.

The boys cheered happily for their dancer. As the others quickly got ready and fixed their make up,B.I just sat at the couch as relieved washed over him. 'I knew he would do it.He believes in his choice' B.I said to himself.

 

After a few minutes,the boys were finally ready to get on stage...