001

Nostalgia

You rolled down the window and stuck your head out, observing the heavy traffic ahead of you. Nothing else can be heard except for the loud honking of the cars and irritated drivers complaining. 

(Riiing . . . Riiing)

You frantically answered the phone, "Y-yes, hello?"

"YAH! Where are you?!" the person on the other end replied angrily. "You know I can not walk down the aisle without my flower bouquet!"

"I'll be there soon ma'am. There's just this heavy traffic--"

"I don't care how you get here. I just want you to be here. in my sight. immediately." she yelled and hung up.

"M-ma'am? ma'am? hello?" you threw the phone inside your bag and sighed while looking at the flower bouquet beside you on the back seat. By the looks of things, it just didn't seemed like you'd be moving from your spot anytime soon. You glanced at your watch and turned to the driver, "Ahjussi, is there any shortcut from here?"

"This is the shortest way, miss. It's just rush hour."

You bit your nails as you could not afford to waste time waiting any longer. "I guess I'll just get off here, ahjussi." You paid the driver, slung your bag across your shoulder and hurriedly ran out of the car, holding the flower bouquet. 

 

After 20 minutes of running, you finally arrived at the front gate of the church, panting heavily and covered with sweat. You waited for a moment to catch your breath before searching for the bride. 

"What took you so long?!!" an angry voice was heard.

You looked up and saw the bride approaching you, holding up her dress with her nostrils flaring. "I-I'm sorry--"

"If only you weren't Min young's friend, we wouldn't even picked an irresponsible wedding planner like you." the bride uttered, giving you the look as she yanked the flower bouquet from you and walked away. 

The crowd had their eyes on you while murmuring in the background. You bit your lips in embarrassment and apologised again, bowing repeatedly. 

 

You turned the knob to your office and walked straight to your desk lifelessly. 

"You have a guest ma'am." your assistant said as she placed a cup of coffee on your table.

"hmm?" you were about to turned around but someone suddenly pulled you into a hug from behind. 

"CHOI HA NA!!!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!!" she squealed.

You could never forget that lovely voice so as soon as you realised who it was, you quickly turned around and hugged her back, jumping happily. "Ji Yoon-ah, when did you get here?"

"Just literally an hour ago. I went straight here from the airport."

"You should have told me. I would have picked you up from the airport." you playfully hit her arm.

"I wanted to surprise you and speaking of that..." she replied, grinning from ear to ear. "Ta-dah!" she put up her hand and flashed her Tiffany diamond engagement ring.

"Omo! Omo!" 

Both of you hugged each other again, squealing happily together as both of you jumped up and down in circles.

"If you could co-ordinate our wedding, I'd be grateful forever." she pleaded.

"What are you talking about?! It would be an honour."

"Thank you so so much!" 

"But wait. Who's the lucky guy? I wanna meet him." you curiously asked. 

"Oh he'll be here soon."

And at that moment the door swung opened, revealing a familiar face. Ji Yoon quickly ran to that person and linked arms with him. 

"Ha Na, this is Jongin, my fiance." She introduced happily and pecked Jongin's cheek.

You stood there, speechless. It never crossed your mind that you would meet Jongin ever again after what happened. It felt like time stopped at that moment and your heart started beating faster.

 

 My best friend is marrying my first love.