A little bit jealous

Birthday Girl

You press the buzzer and wait for his familiar voice to come through the speaker.
“I’ll be right down.”
“Wait, wait let me up I have something for the boys.” You hear him sigh into the intercom but press it nonetheless, allowing you access into the complex.
You choose the lift over the stairs, your heels have to last the whole night, shifting the box under your arm.
You reach his door and knock loudly, he opens it straight away as if he was waiting for you. His rushed, slightly annoyed expression clears as he sees you, and his face breaks into a grin, he steps towards you.
“Hello.” You grin skipping past him. “Jesus it’s hot in here.” You fan your face, fearful you makeup will melt straight off. Ilhoon places a hand on your waist and kisses you.
You put the box down on a table and slide your coat off. “Hello children,” you announce your presence to the boys who glance towards you.
You notice a few eyes following the line of your dress that clings to your body.
“Hi!” Eunkwang jumps up to greet you, ever enthusiastic, but shrinks a little as Ilhoon glares at him.
“Hello papa Eunkwang.” You squeeze his shoulder and advance on Hyunsik. “Happy Birthday for tomorrow!”
You pull him into a hug, catching his eye-smile beforehis face disappers over your shoulder. “Where’s Peniel? I have something for you both.”
Peniel glances in from the kitchen “Huh?”
You beckon him over. “Happy birthday for Wednesday.” You hug him too and feel Ilhoon’s eyes burning into your back. “Come look what I’ve got you.” You lift the lid off the box to show them the cake. “I know you’ll get loads of treats from the fans but I wanted to get you something too.” Their names are iced on the top, your written Korean needing serious practice. “It’s a little wobbly,” you shrug, “but it will still taste amazing.” You let yourself into the kitchen and rifle through the drawers for a knife.
“Seriously, jagi.” Ilhoon moans into your ear.
“We’ll just have a slice and then I’m all yours.”
“For the whole night?”
“The whole night.” You grin, “And some of the morning too.”
He grins that rare grin and you push your hands through his hair. “You look great.” You realise he’s wearing a white shirt tucked into black trousers. The most effort you've seen him make without a stylist since you started dating.
“Look who’s talking. Why do you think I wanna get you out of here so bad?” He runs a hand over the small of your back slowly. “These boys are only human you know?”
You giggle, pulling away. “Shut up.”
You brandish the knife as you slip out of his grasp and towards the cake.
“Wait.” Minhyuk stops you, “where’s your name?”
“I wasn’t going to ice my own name on it! That’s just sad.” You glance at Hyunsik and Peniel stood on either side of you. “I should have brought candles really. Oh well! Happy Birthday fellow Pisces brothers!” You slice the cake to a cheer as you sink the knife into the sponge you spent the day making.
You feel cool fingers walking up your skin where the back of your dress dips and you sink back into them.
Ilhoon gives a satisfied sigh in your ear. “Can we go now?”
“Yes.” You nod resolutely, as eager to be alone with him as he is. “Bye children!” You cry, scooping up a slice of cake on you way out.
Ilhoon grabs your coat and helps you into it.
“I won’t be home tonight.” He calls into the room as you leave and you thump his arm. “What! I won’t!”
You stick your finger in the cake and put it on his nose. “You are so bad.” You grin taking his hand as he wipes the frosting off his face.
“What? You’re mine and I’m yours. I just want everyone to be clear on that.” He smiles and kisses you, wiping the frosting on your cheek in a long sweet smear.