The Discovery

Case File #12: The Crystal Vessel (You decide how the story goes)

Moon Seomin, 34 year old scientist with 10 years worth of experience, she was simply the best in the business. She was loved by all, really intellectual and very open, like a therapist. She has worked on many famous cases like; The mysterious satellite and The flying sorcerer in Australia. But tonight will be the beginning of her hardest task.

Seomin was shuffling papers from a case she was only assisting in. She let out a yawn and took a sip of her coffee, even though it was 1:00 am. She read through the paper that she was holding without breaking eye contact of the case file, it read; Mysterious charm that fell out of the sky, and had a picture of a charm shaped like a Scorpion. She took down notes as she went along, then pen moved rapidly as she wrote quite quickly.

Two knocks were heard at the main door, Seomin looked up from her work.

"Come in." She yelled. The door slowly opens as an intern holding a yellow case file entered the room.

"Evening Miss Moon." The intern smiled as he approached the desk. Seomin closed the files and pushed them off to the side, leaving her black granite desk clean. She smiled at the intern as the intern placed down the file on her desk. She quickly opened up the file and took a look at the pictures and what was written.

"A large crystal was found in the centre of Seoul about 2 hours ago, according to witnesses, it fell from the sky, miss." The intern stated shyly. "And you're main on this one." He continued. Seomin smiled, it was a first in a long time for her to be main.

She placed down the files and stood up from her black leather chair. She walked over to her coat stand and picked up her blue and white cotten coat.

"Are you heading there now?" The intern asked. "I can tell them that you're coming." He continued Seomin giggled.

"Of course I am, tell them that I'm going to the scene, so stop all procedures, I want a clean set." She stated as she close the door behind her a scurried out of the building.

She had made it to the car lot in a matter of seconds and even arrived at her blue Sudan in a shorter time. She quickly opened the drivers door and sat down. Her car was a mess, as her equipment on the four remaining seats and on the floor. She had taken two big breaths, trying to relax herself, after seeing the pictures she thought they'd find a space ship, she was just to excited. After calming herself she shifted her gear and made her way out of the parking area.

•.• •.• •.• •.•

After an hour of driving she arrived at the scene of the crash. As soon as she left the car, adrenaline replaced her blood as she smiled in ultimate glee. She gleefully ran over to the crash site and saw many other scientists who were patiently waiting for her.

"Evening Miss Moon, I heard the intern has given you the case file." The lead scientist spoke to her as she hastily made her way to the crystal 'space ship.' She nodded towards the scientist, smiling with glee, the lead scientist smiled back.

She squatted down in front of the crystal and pulled out her flashlight. She shined it on the crystal.

"Hmmm, could be quartz, or amethyst." She estimated, she looked back at the lead scientist.

"Can we get a sample?" She asked.

"Touch it." The lead scientist demanded. She looked back at the crystal and slowly raised her hand. She attempted to place her hand on the vessel but, something invisible. She stared at it with a confused look.

"That's is all around it Miss Moon, a soon as one of my crew touched it, we called you in." The lead scientist stated. Seomin gazed as the crystal with curious eyes.

"Can we lift it?" She asked, looking back at the lead.

"We can but we have to wait for the crane." Another scientist stated. She stood up and walked around the crystal object. She had walked around it multiple times, but there was nothing different, onany of the sides.

" I don't get it, did you guys actually find anything, like anything?" She asked, the lead scientist shook his head.

"Sadly, nothing." The lead stated, "We ordered a crane, to see if there was anything at the bottom, but we're going to have to wait a while." The lead continued. She sighed, shaking her head and tsking away.

"How long?" She asked stressfully.

"We ordered it at 12:00, so maybe another half an hour." The lead replied. She let out a sigh.

She walked over to a set up lab and sat down on one of the chairs, she leaned her head back, looking up at the dark sky. She swerved around in boredom, until. A tall, young, Japenese male approached her. She looked up at him.

"Evening Mr Hai." She beamed, Hai smiled back at her.

"Please call me by my name noona." He asked of her, she laughed.

"Not in front of the newbies," she stopped and looked around to see if any 'newbies' were around. Then she pulled herself close towards the tall man, " Hayato." She whispered.  

"So, are you assisting?" She asked. 

"Yes noona, I've just finished the case about the UFO landing in Gyuri, turns out it was a trick with mirrors." He stated, Seomin laughed

"Those kids and their mirrors." She giggled.

"So, your findings?" He asked.

"None, we can't touch the crystal thing because there is something stopping it and we don't know what." She stated, Hayato was in shock. 

"Really?" He asked in a shocked tone.

"Yeah, we're waiting for a crane to see if there is anything underneath ." She stated. Hayato raised an eyebrow.

"How long have you been waiting?" He asked

"Well, they ordered it at 12, so almost 2 hours." She stated.

"Great how long to go?" He asked.

"You're full of questions tonight aren't you?" She asked, Hayato nodded, she laughed.

"Ok, ok they said, like half an hour." She stated, Hayato nodded.

"Maybe there is a way for me to speed it up, I'll will see you very soon ok?" He stated Seomin nodded, Hayato walked over to his large black van.

She smiled back and then looked at the sky again. She let out a sigh.

"This is going to be along night." She mumbled.

•.• •.• •.• •.•

About 15 minutes later the large yellow crane arrived at the site, a man walked and walked over to Seomin who was running over. She approached the crane operator and shook hands with him.

"Moon Seomin, Main scientist of this case." She stated.

"Kim Junyoung." The man replied.

"So this is interesting, can you tell me what you found?" He asked her.

"Well I am actually wondering if the crane will work. Because there is something invisible protecting the crystal it self." She stated, the man grew wide eyed and a bit confused

"Umm ok, so give me order and I will pick it up." He stated to change the topic.

"Uh yeah of course." She stuttered, turning around to face the lead scientist and giving him a thumbs up.

"EVERYONE CLEAR THE SITE AND COME BEHIND THE LINE, WE ARE LIFTING IT UP NOW!" He shouted using his booming voice. In a matter of seconds, everyone was off the site and behind and black line that was placed. 

The crane operator moved into his crane and began moving it. The crane moved statically towards the crystal and lowered down. Seomin crossed her fingers hoping for the best. The crane's claw snapped onto to the invisible wall protecting the crystal.

"Please ,please, please." She mumbled crossing her fingers very tightly. A miracle, cheers were heard from all around, the crane lifted it, but revealing a horrible thing.

Seomin gasped as she rushed down the massive crater. A doe-eyed boy laid unconscious on the ground, and blue blood spilled from his arm. Seomin panicked, she checked his pulse and then looked up at the medic team. She quickly snapped a picture of him on her camera.

"I need you boys to get him or her to the hospital as quickly as you can." She stated as the medic team ran into the hole. She looked up at the very bottom.

"There is a hole." She stated. She looked over to the crane operator and pulled her flashlight outside of her pocket.

"CAN YOU LOWER IT A BIT SO I CAN CLIMB IN!" She shouted, the operator gave her a thumbs up and the crane lowered. She watched as the crystal slowly move downwards towards her.

She shined her flashlight as the crane stopped, she climbed up into the crystal and looked around. She was amazed.

"It's bigger on the inside." She mumbled (if you get this, please be my friend, I need some). She had fully stood up on the inside, and shined her flashlight around the area.

She looked around until 2 more caught her eye, she ran over, both unconscious. She snapped a photo of both if them for evidence before she picked one up and carried him towards the hole and placed him down. Then she walked over and picked up the second one and did the same thing.

She slowly began to leave until, she heard whimpers.

"Hello?" She cried, no reply just whimpers and sniffles. She shinned her flashlight around the room until she found the source.

A young tanned man crying in the corner, Seomin ran over to him to see if he was alright.

"Are you ok?" She asked, no answer.

"Ok, I'm gonna get you and your friends out of here ok?" She stated but still no response, she helped the man up an walked him out. He grasped onto her hand very tightly, she looked back shyly.

"Do you want me to hold your hand? She asked, and yet agin no response.

"I take that as a yes."They both walked over to the hole. She picked up the two boys and slowly made her way out, with the man still holding onto him.

In a matter if time all three of them were out.

"Hayato!" She called, he came running down into the crater.

"I need you to take care of this one while I organise a team if medics for these two ok?" She stated, Hayato nodded as he took the arm of the crying man and walked him up to his van, while many scientists helped Seomin out of the crater.

"Is that all we can do?" She asked the lead. He nodded.

"You can go home if you want, we know where to put them ok?" He asked, she nodded as she walked up to her blue Sudan, and quite quickly drove away, towards her home

•.• •.•  •.• •.•

The next day at 7:00 am she arrived at her lab and sat down at her desk, observing the picture she took of the doe-eyed boy an the other boys she found. She zoomed in on key features.

"Blue blood and looks entirely human, maybe it's a rare condition." She thought aloud. She moved onto the photo of the two boys.

"How'd they get in there? They look human too, but what else was there?" She asked herself.

Three knocks were heard at the door.

"Come in." She yelled calmly.

"Ah, morning Hayato." She spoke.

"Morning noona, I have good news and bad news." He spoke, Seomin got pretty excited, closing the photos and turning all of her attention to the Japanese man.

"Please begin with the good news." She asked of him

"Of course" "The man we found underneath the crystal has woken up, doctors say he should be alright to talk." He said gleefully, Seomin smiled

"And the bad?" She asked

"Well the one we found inside who wasn't out won't talk, he hasn't said one word and is still crying from last night, they said you would be the only person that he would talk to." He stated, Seomin sighed.

"What about the other two?" She asked

"Not awake just yet." He stated.

"I will take one and you take the other." She suggested.

"Sorry I have another case to work on, it just popped up, so what do you want to do?" He asked _________________________________

Alright decision time what will Seomin do? So so sorry if it is bad