Mino and his terrified kitten

Mino and his terrified kitten

        Mino shook himself dry before entering the shared apartment. It had started raining in the evening and had not stop until night, which resulted in Mino getting soaked on his way home.

         Getting wet was the least of Mino’s concerns, as a huge thunderstorm accompanied the rain and Mino knew that a certain someone was terrified of thunderstorms. Mino took off his shoes and tried to close the door as quietly as possible. Then (also) as quietly as possible, he tip toed to the bedroom. As Mino opened the door he scanned the room for signs of a furry being, and when that failed he contemplated on switching on the lights.

         He changed his mind when he thought he saw something move under the covers, and Mino realised that it was Jinwoo. With a small smile Mino strode over and gently poked at the covers.

         “Babe, are you okay?” Mino needed to get a look at the face he missed so badly throughout the day. There was some rustling and what happened next caught Mino off guard. A pair of cat ears appeared first, and then Mino fell backwards as Jinwoo pounced on him.

         “OH MY GOD YOU’RE BACK! I’M ABOUT TO DIE BECAUSE OF ALL THE THUNDER!” Jinwoo hugged Mino with all his might and even wrapped his fluffy tail tightly around Mino’s waist.

         Chuckling, Mino gently patted Jinwoo’s head. “I’m sorry I came home this late. There was an emergency in the office, so everyone had to put in extra time. Did you even get any sleep?” Mino didn’t really have to ask to know the answer, which earned him a smack on the back.

         “Yah! You know I hate thunder, it always brings back the bad memories.” Jinwoo pushed away from Mino and curled up into a ball.

         Mino proceeded to smack himself internally because he knew of Jinwoo’s past better than anyone. He gently rubbed the defensive kitten hoping he would relax a little, allowing Mino to bring him into his arms. When that failed, Mino resorted to begging as he knew Jinwoo could never stand having people beg at him. When he slowly lifted his head, Mino knew the battle had been won and extended his arms towards Jinwoo.

         Jinwoo grudgingly cuddled into Mino’s arms, but he was secretly happy that Mino was home because he definitely would not have survived the night with the terrifying storm. They stayed like that for a while until Jinwoo decided he had regained full composure and pushed away from Mino yet again.

         “Aww come on Jinnie…. I just came home, can’t I just hold you for a little longer?” whined Mino.

         “No, you’re soaked so you need to take a shower before you catch a cold. Also, when did you start talking like that? So cheesy…..” Jinwoo puffed out his cheeks and stood up, then he held out his hand to Mino.

         “They say love can change people, and I'm just living proof. What’s this though? Are you offering to take a bath with me?” Mino smiled at Jinwoo maliciously.

         “If you valued your life, you’d know that’s not what I meant. I’m just gonna run the water for you.” With that, Jinwoo straightened his back and marched to the bathroom.

         Mino thought about the first time he had tried to take a bath with Jinwoo. Everyone knew that cats hated water, and Mino had experienced first-hand what the consequences were of splashing one with water. He was left with an extremely angry cat, and had to constantly cover himself from head to toe before going out. Mino had also refused to meet up with his cousin Seungyoon who happened to be in town. When Seungyoon had finally cornered Mino by chance, he had laughed his head off and treated Mino to a weeks’ worth of mortal embarrassment by constantly breaking out into crude jokes about it.

       Mino shuddered at that and decided it was best to clean himself up like the big boy he was. It was a nice feeling having the warm water caress his back, but the thought of being able to cuddle up to a sleepy kitten made Mino speed up the washing process. After drying himself off, Mino got into bed and wound his arms around Jinwoo’s waist.

       “Was work really pressuring today?” asked Jinwoo softly while rubbing his nose against Mino’s chest.

       “Nah, I’ve had worse days. Besides, now I’m all relaxed and sleepy.” Mino was being serious about it, as he felt exhausted when he reached home but now he felt calm and relaxed.

        It always amazed him how Jinwoo had that sort of power over him. Seungyoon had said that Mino was just whipped, but Seungyoon's boyfriend Taehyun being the more helpful one, had insisted that it was love.

        Mino had never thought of finding love when coming to Seoul, he just thought it would be a great experience to live in the big city and having to adapt to its fast paced lifestyle. However, fate proved him wrong by sending a doe-eyed catboy his way. In a way Mino had to admit that he was whipped, but he was happy. All the people that were close to Mino knew he could never say no once Jinwoo used those pleading puppy (kitty) eyes.

        Holding Jinwoo while they slept had become routine for Mino and he couldn’t imagine life without Jinwoo. Sure there were ups and downs to their relationship, but Mino wouldn’t trade his Jinwoo for anything else. Mino looked down at the already asleep Jinwoo and knew he felt the same. Listening to Jinwoo’s soft purrs made Mino feel drowsy and he slowly drifted off to dreamland.