Chapter 1

Verge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How absurd”

 

The man flipped mindlessly the book as he realised that novel he spent reading almost half an hour was getting ridiculous in every pages. He chuckled amusedly while closing the V&W book. The title was cliché as hell, which obviously stand for vampires and werewolves. How in the world did this novel became a best seller book. Was it because the writer threw out the ‘based on true story’ line on the front page or the chaos happened recently sparked the folk interest? He’s pretty much sure that the latter was more believable reason for it because he was of one the people that intrigued by the recent news. Honestly, reading books was not his forte but the latest incident of people who lost without trace and worst, was killed sure had gained his interest in getting the info in every source that he could grasp. And of course, getting the info was important for him since he’s a detective.

 

Bang Yongguk, a detective who’s not getting much recognition now and before since he was just a laid back type person and there was not much crime happened. He paid no mind to it. As long as people were away from trouble was enough for him. But things had changed now; crime had increased day by day, which sometimes it turned out to be inhuman action, killing people mercilessly.

 

He sat back on his chair, twirling it back and forth. Yongguk closed his eyes for a brief. He was certain that the incident that happened these days were taking a toll on him. He looked on his desk, a bulk of book piling up and a few of crumpled papers were lying on his table. It was such an eye sore but he didn’t care much about it since he was freaking tired mentally. He walked up to his bed, intended to throw himself on the soft mattress. As if it was right on cue, his door was knocked. He walked to the door, reaching the door knob and twisted it open, revealing a girl, whose was his sister, Natasha. The girl was about to give another knock on the door, but she retracted it beforehand when the door opened.

 

The man leaned his body on the door frame, waiting his sister to spoke first. She had to. If not he decided to stood there and had a staring contest with his sister. Natasha rolled her eyes seeing childish act from him as if he’s still a kid and that was totally did not suit him on the first place.

 

“Go to convenience store, get me some painkillers.”  

 

“Uh…okay, now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter