DOPE

JUNGKOOK YOU WEIRDO JIN IS TRYIG TO HELP

V was having his breakfast in the kitchen when Jungkook came running to him, wearing nothing but his boxers and a worried expression. He grabbed ahold both of V’s arms, causing some of the milk from his bowl to splash onto both of them. Jungkook looked deep into his eyes (too deep, if you ask V) and with a deep breath, he stuttered out, “I….I feel….I feel..”. He dropped his head in defeat.

 

As much as he appreciated the fact that Jungkook came to him this early in the morning to carry out this odd interaction, V appreciated his soggy cereal more. He squinted at the boy, nodding his head and basically trying his best to pretend to care what Jungkook was going to say. After what seemed like forever, Jungkook finally looked up at him. V startled a bit when he leaned in close, lips just inches away from his ear. V didn’t know what he was expecting before, but he sure as hell wasn’t expecting that. Jungkook whispered into his ear, oh ever so softly,

 

“I feel dope.”

 

It was impossible for Jungkook to dodge the bowl of soggy cereal thrown at him, but he showed some effort, which V gave him an A+ for.

 

`                                              

 

Okay, so it wasn’t that much of a challenge for the fans to enjoy their new song/MV, and it certainly wasn’t suprising to hear that the members love the song just as much. What was suprising though, was how obsessed Jungkook became with the song.

 

The members didn’t really label the song as a health hazard to Jungkook at first. They just thought that the boy simply enjoyed the song. It started getting weird when he kept playing the song over and over, even when they have stopped practice. Like, 3 hours ago. Jin was the first one to notice Jungkook’s disturbing head bobbing whenever the song was played. He tried to talk to him, possibly in an effort to knock him out of the trance, but every time he approached the boy, all he would get was a nervous swivel of the head, like he wasn’t aware that Jin was in front of him, eyes that ,seemed dead and lifeless, lips trembling, as if to say, “Help me”. Jin could’ve sworn he heard Jungkook singing his parts under his breath. Jin decided enough was enough and reported the case to the Monster himself.

 

“Let him be, he is just a sweet flower child” Namjoon mused. “But… but he’s just--” Jin got cut off by the leaders finger shushing him. Jin never understood how his leader’s mind worked anyway, so he went off to find someone who would actually listen.

He then tried talking to V.

 

Taehyung was never the type of person to defy his favorite hyung, or to lock his door even when he was writing in his diary expressing his admiration towards said hyung, so when Jin came barging into his room he almost fell off the bed.

 

“So…..” V started after hearing what Jin had to say, “what do you want me to do about it?”. They were both sitting on the bed, Jin pouting as he tried to think of a solution and V praying that his hyung doesn’t turn around because his diary is just right there. Jin huffed out in frustration, and said “You should try talking to him.” V scrunched up his nose. “I don’t think he will listen to me, hyung.” Jin furrowed his eyebrows, “What makes you say that? Of course he will!”

 

“He punched me in the nose one time because I told him he danced funny.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Jin was on his way to find the other members for some sort of guidance when he ended up running into Jungkook in the living room nodding away to a very familiar song from his headphones. Jin froze as Jungkook noticed his presence and took off his headphones. “Hyung?” Jungkook stood up and slowly started making his way towards Jin. “Hyung, you don’t look so good. Are you …sick?” he genuinely looked worried for like a split second before he realized he just made the most amazing pun of all time. “OHMYGOD HYUNG!!! DID YOU HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID??” he roared in the man’s face, “I SAID—I SAID SICK, LIKE DOPE!!”. Jin gave him a tight smile, like yep, yes you did, congratulations. Jungkook’s face only got weirder and crazier looking by the second, and suddenly jumped past Jin and ran away.

 

That was the last time he ever saw Jungkook. It had been 2 weeks since that incident.

 

Apart from Namjoon crying in a corner clutching his Jungkook body pillow, Jin was just about ready to move on. He was trying to get their company to replace Jungkook, when V trudged over to him one day, soaked in milk. “He did this to me, hyung!” he screamed, “ He was acting all weird and splashed my own cereal milk from my bowl onto me and just ran away!” he was waving his arms around wildly.

 

“Wait”,Jin said,  grabbing V’s flailing arms to maintain stable eye contact, “He’s still alive?”

 

V blinked. “Hyung he’s literally been in his room this whole time did you not check”

 

Jin made a mental note to always check bedrooms before declaring someone’s disappearance. And to tell Namjoon to never trust him ever again with any news regarding Jungkook. And with that, he walked over to Jungkook’s room, only to get punched in the face by a ferociously dancing Jimin.  He turned around and realized what he had done. “Oh god, hyung!! I am so so sorry!” Jimin blabbered his sincerest apologies while helping his hyung get back to his feet. “No  no, it’s fine,” said Jin as he tried his very best to stop the blood from coming out of his nose. “Did- did you come here to talk to Jungkook?”, asked Jimin, “he went out to buy a set of speakers, he will be back soon I think. Oh my god hyung you are losing so much blood I’ll go get tissues.” Jimin ran out of the room and left Jin on the bed.

 

So there he was, bleeding profusely from his nose, blood getting on his favorite shirt, but he didn’t care. He felt very light headed.

 

Jimin returned with like half a dozen of tissue boxes and tried his best to manage the situation but ended up fainting at the sight of blood stained clothes. Jin chuckled and helped himself with the tissues. 

 

“What happened here,” a voice from the door caught Jin off guard and he turned and saw the little devil standing there. Jin stood up and marched over to him, “You!!” he growled, “you need to stop behaving so strangely all of a sudden, --and splashing milk on people!”

 

Jungkook looked confused – mainly because of the blood (and Jimin passed out on the floor)—but he got the idea. “I’m sorry, hyung,” he started, “I don’t know what came over me these past few weeks. That song….. it consumed me. I could feel myself changing. But I’m okay now. I was dancing with Jimin to get the song out of my system, but…. I guess he danced too hard?” Both of them looked at the body. They should probably get to that soon.

 

“What’s with the new speakers, though,” asked Jin, “I thought the ones you are currently using are just fine.” Jungkook smiled, “I smashed them while I was dancing. That’s how bad I got.”

 

In the end, Namjoon got reunited with his favorite golden boy, Jimin woke up crying, and Jungkook is on the road to recovery for a better and healthier appreciation towards his own music.