meeting him

wrong feelings, wrong person.

"Kristal? Can you help me? Your cousin is coming over from England with a friend of his, I need to pick them up at the airport, and can you go to the restaurant and help your mom?" My dad asked me to work at our restaurant AGAIN

“Yeah dad, give me 10 minutes and I will be there" How can I graduate from university if they keep telling me to go to work, I know I am only a fresher but I would like to graduate in time. Fortunately this is the last day before we close our restaurant for two weeks for summer break. So I can concentrate myself on my exams

Since my sister went to London to study my life has been really busy, I had to help my parents at our restaurant, I had to do everything I was told otherwise they would start to say and annoy me: your sister is having a hard time studying right now, when she was a lot younger than you she would help us every day.

I went to the restaurant and I started to work, I don’t like to smile, I am a shy person but I have to because otherwise clients would not be happy, well who would be happy if your waitress who is serving you has a y face? My restaurant is located in a good place but sometime ert clients come, they would touch me without permission, in response I slap them, they get angry and keep saying that they didn't do anything wrong because I have a "beautiful" figure so it is my fault if they touch me. What kind of sick person can say something like this? Aside from some episodes I can say my restaurant is a peaceful place.

It was almost midnight and I was cleaning the tables, the main door opens revealing 2 handsome guys, I recognize one of them as my cousin Kai. How can I explain that? Kai is really handsome, he married at the age of 21, he tied the knot with a girl who was one year older than him, but at the age of 26 he divorced, well if I were her wife I would have divorced him long before. He is handsome but really unfaithful; he earns lots of money but wastes it on girls, gambling and luxuries cars. He is not a bad man, he is polite but really a womanizer, her mom (my aunt and my dad older sister) doesn't know how to handle him, maybe he looks like his father who was also a womanizer, I stopped doing my things and I introduced myself to Kai’ friend.  I haven't met Kai since the wedding of his older brother, but he didn't change very much, he has the same captivate eyes and manner

“Hi baby Kristal how are you? Well I must say you are really a grown up woman, how old are you now?

“Hi Kai, I'm fine, I'm fine, and don’t call me baby Krystal! I am 20 years old right now”

“Wow I remember when I got married you were so cute back then" he mocks me and laughs

“Oh please Kai." I'm embarrassed, why did he say something like that? Fortunately my mum walked toward us

“Hi Kai! It has been a while”

"Hi auntie! Did you become younger?”

“Oh my my, you never change Kai, you always know how to make a woman happy”

"I'm just saying the truth” I don't want to hear any more of their conversation, so I said goodbye to everyone and went home. As I have arrived at home I immediately started to study, well I am trying really hard to pass my exams, but it seems like someone doesn’t want me to pass it, in fact soon they arrived at home and they started to chat loudly, I hear someone coming to my room, I know it's my mum because of her footsteps, she opens the door and ask me to go downstairs and keep company to our guests. I roll my eyes but I can't help it, I must go and keep company to them.

I go down to the staircase but at the last step I slip and fall on the floor, well obviously I created some noise so in a few seconds I was surrounded by my parents and my guests.

“Are you okay Krystal?” my parents asked me worried

“Yeah, I am fine”

“You are always you. You are 20 years old and yet you don’t know how to walk properly” my mum scolded me

“I am sorry mum, I just slipped”

 “Can you get up? Should I help you?” Kai asked me worried

“It’s okay I can get up by myself”

“I will help you” He said and carried me to the living room.

“I am fine Kai, put me down please”

“Okay” and he dropped me harshly on the couch

“KAI!!”

“You asked me to put you down and I did it” He said laughing.

Kai sat beside me and took a pillow, his friend Kris sat in another couch, while my parents went to sleep; the three of us started to talk about everything.

Kris joked about how Kai was a womanizer and also wondered about how a person like him could tie the knot with a girl at the age of 21.

“You know Kris, they say that a man start to change his attitude at the age of 40, I am 28 right now so I still have plenty years ahead to have fun.”

“You will find someone who will make you lose your mind one day I am sure, and this it will be karma” Kris replied.

 “I don’t think so Kris, my ex-wife said that no one will ever tie knot with me because I am a womanizer and a jerk who does not consider her feelings”

“Oh please! You are a womanizer but she wasn’t a good girl, she just wanted your money and married you because of your look”

I faked a cough because I didn’t want to hear about his past, it made me uneasy.

“Ehm, would you like to play Wii?” I asked trying to change the subject of our conversation

“Sure! What games do you have?” Kris and Kai asked excited

We played Wii till 4 am, I lost the games and sat on my couch, unconsciously I fell asleep and the next day I found myself in my bed with my pajamas on, I was really shocked, I tried to remember what I did the day before, and I clearly remember that I did not change myself or maybe I did? Well it does not matter, I got up and went to the bathroom only to find it engaged, I waited outside a bit and the door opened only to reveal Kris half . I was really shocked I turned around and told him I was sorry.

“You have never seen a man without a shirt? Don’t worry” He patted my head laughing and went to the guest room.  Suddenly I feel hot; I entered the bathroom and closed myself inside.

It was breakfast time, after I finished my morning beauty routine I helped my mom to prepare the breakfast. I was in the kitchen and I felt someone staring at me, I turned around and I saw Kris.

“Hi Kris.”

“Morning Krystal, what are you cooking?”

“Nothing much” I said as I blushed and looked away, I was still embarrassed about the earlier incident.

“It looks like delicious, like you” he said as he walked away. Calm down Krystal, he is your cousin’s friend.

We sat at the table and started to eat, my face was still red.

“Honey Krystal are you okay? Your face is red” My mum asked me worried

“Don’t worry auntie she just saw Kris half in the bathroom so she is embarrassed” Kai told everyone before I had the opportunity to speak

“Oh my my, it’s nothing much honey, don’t be embarrassed, by the way Kris do you have a girlfriend?”

“Yes I do ma’am, I am engaged and I will get married next year”

“Oh really? Congratulation” my parents congratulated him, but I was thinking about what he told me when we were alone, “It looks delicious like you”, oh right, he is Kai’s friend so he must be a womanizer.

After breakfast the three of us went out to go shopping. Kris and Kai are like women when it comes to shopping: they spend too much. Literally.

“Sorry Krystal about earlier I did not mean to say it” Kris suddenly started to talk to me as Kai was trying on some t shirts.

“It’s ok…” I replied

“What I meant was that you are really cute, nothing more, nothing less”

“It’s ok… Really”

“I just wanted to make sure”

Kai walked out wearing the expensive t-shirt, it really suited him he was really handsome, his jawline, his skin color, he was y. Wait what am I thinking? He is my cousin, don’t think too much Krystal.

“Does it suit me, Kris? Krystal?”

“Yes, it really suits you, but please can we stop our shopping tour? I am really tired of walking” I said desperately.

“No no, we are not finished yet dear Krystal” Kris and Kai replied.

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

We went to another shop as I was trying to walk on heels, why did I choose heels? I must be crazy really. As we were walking I almost tripped on myself, luckily Kai was here catching me.

“You are really clumsy Krystal, take my hands, if you come home without a leg your parents will kill me for not taking care of you”

I took his hand as we walked, there were many whisper surrounding me.

 “They are so cute together, the guy is really handsome, and she is really beautiful, they must lovers!”

“Yeah I agree with you, she is beautiful, I envy her”

“Are they celebrities?”

Are they talking about us? Oh no, they can’t misunderstand us, we are cousin, we are not lovers, I tried to release my hand but Kai didn’t loose his grip instead he put his hand over my waist.

“Hey Kai, stop it, I know that you like attention but it is wrong, can’t you see that your cousin is feeling uneasy?” Kris noticed my uneasiness.

“Oh please Kris, you are not my mum, I am not sleeping with her, I just put a hand over her waist, and they don’t know that we are cousin” he replied him but suddenly he stopped walking and Kris and I stopped too. Kai turned around and whispered to my ear “let’s start the show”, before I was able to understand what he meant, he was kissing me, I was frozen and I didn’t know what to do, then he pinched my arm, I was surprised and open my mouth a little bit, it was enough for him to French kiss me. I was shocked; he kissed his cousin in front of everyone.

He stopped I was really taken aback.

“You are sweet, Krys” I wanted to slap him; but I could only look at him with hatred and run away.

What does he think he is doing, I am his cousin, not one of his lovers. I run till I was tired, I sat on a bench near me and started to cry, he is a jerk.

“Jerk, Jerk, JEEEEEEEEEEEEERK” I yelled, people around me started to look at me as if I was crazy, I wanted to punch him, who was him to kiss me? I am blood related to him.

“JERK, STUPID JERKKKKKKKKKKKKK” I continued to yell.

“Are you talking about me Krys?” Unexpectedly I saw Kai and Kris in front of me.

“Do you know that you run really fast?” They were out of breath.

“Yeah, and you are a jerk”

“I am sorry, did not mean to hurt you.” Kai said, he looked so guilty

“Fine I will pretend that it did not happen, but I won’t forgive you”

“Okay okay, baby Krys, let’s go home, I am really hungry and I would like to eat something”

We went home and a delicious scent welcomed us, it is definitely my dad cooking skills.

“Oh dear, did you have fun today?” my mum asked

“They did indeed, I am tired mum, they bought the whole shop, you know?”

“Oh dear don’t be so overdramatic, they bought what they liked, by the way, let’s eat, you must be tired”

We talked about how our day went, Kris told some jokes when we were eating, and we laughed really hard. Suddenly I felt someone taking my hand by under the table, it was Kai. He was holding my hand and was pretending like it was nothing; his hand is warm but his action made me remember what happed this morning. I tried to free my hand but it was useless, Kai was obviously stronger. Kris stood up and answered a call, we continued to chat but I felt uneasy because of the strange situation I was in.

When Kris returned he was a bit pale:

“Auntie, uncle I am really happy that you hosted me there with Kai, but I must return to England right now because of work issues”

“What has happened Kris?”

“Nothing to worry about Kai” with this he went to his room and prepared his luggage then a taxi came to take him to the airport as he didn’t want to disturb my dad.

Afternoon.

It was a strangely hot afternoon, I was wearing a cropped t-shirt and short shorts, Kai and I decided to watch some TV while my parents went out. We were zapping as we couldn’t find any interesting show. I felt a warm hand holding mine, what is going on? Why is he holding my hand?!

“Just for a moment Krys, please” he begged me, it seemed like something was burdening him.  I hold his hand but I could not breathe properly, I was nervous I did not know what to think, what to do, but then suddenly Kai got up and went to look for something. He returned with a packet of cigarettes.

“Hey Krys, have you ever smoke?” he asked casually while attempting to light a cigarette. I have never seen someone so y while trying to light a cigarette.  His face changed again, he returned to the “normal” Kai.

“Hey hey hey, don’t smoke inside the house, if you want to so badly go outside, I don’t like the smell of cigarettes” I told him

“You have never smoke baby Krys” he went outside and lighted it

“I already told you to not call me like this!” I followed him outside and yelled at him “This is not the scent of a cigarette”

“You are so smart baby Krys, it is weed”

“Oh my god, Kai you are smoking weed in my terrace, my parents will return home really soon, if they smell this, we will be in trouble KAI.”

“You are a nuisance baby Krys, I feel so relaxed in this moment” His face was really peaceful, he used to have a serious but polite face, now he seems to be really relaxed.

“Do you want to destroy your life Kai? Why are you doing this?”

“BECAUSE I AM COMMITTING A F-CKING SIN” His face changed again, he yelled at me, he is so scaring when he is angry.

“What are you talking about?!?”  I asked him?! What kind of sin is he committing? Unexpectedly I was dragged inside home. I was pinned to the couch, his weight was on me, he slowly brought his face closer to mine, then he started to laugh loudly.

“AHAHAHAHA, you should see your face right now, your face, AHAHAHA, I can’t even breathe, you are so funny Krys” I was really confused, did he make fun of me?

“HEY KAI! You jerk!! What do you think you are doing?!” I punched him and tried to tickle him.

“Don’t try to tickle me Krys or you will regret it!!” He used a pillow and throws it at me; we played a lot like we were children. As I tried to escape from him I fell and he fell on my back too.

“Kai, you are heavy how about you move and we get up?”

“Don’t want to”

“Kai… My parents will be here in minutes”

“Let’s stay like this” and he hugged me from behind, I could feel his heartbeat, it was beating really fast. We stayed like this until we heard the door opens, we tried to part away but we failed miserably, I was hit by the living room table during the process.

“Honey? Kai? Where are you guys? We are home”

I tried to peek from behind the couch and they saw us on the floor.

I am so dead.