Final

freedom

“Are you going out again?” Kyungsoo asked, eyes swimming with the colours of worry. The boy in front of him smiles and kissed his forehead in goodbye and grabs his jacket before leaving. Kyungsoo sighs and looks out the window and watched the man he loves go out again, a group of friends waiting for him with gas masks and signs. He watches the tanned male slip on the mask before taking the sign and running off with his group. Kyungsoo looked around his neighbourhood and his stomach dropped, homes had been left or only housed a single person, people on the streets lying down on the side of the road. Signs of protest and attempts at recondition spray painted on them. Free country they said, you could do whatever you wanted, be whoever you wanted to be and say anything you wanted to say. But freedom of speech isn’t the freedom to tell someone to ‘go back to where they came from’, that’s bullying. Freedom of being able to be whoever you want to be is only limited to a white-heteroual-cisgender. Freedom of doing whatever you wanted isn’t the freedom to bully, to harass, to kill. It’s the freedom of being able to travel the world, the freedom to go to university/collage, the freedom of opening up a store or setting up a farm. Freedom has no boundaries, but there’s a thing called humanity; something a lot of people have forgotten about while being drunk on their own confusion and anger. Even when the streets are covered in the blood of our fellow humans we are still thinking about ourselves, even when a literal sign hits us in the face with words of truth we still can’t recognise it. When people are on fire or when being tortured people still turn a blind eye. Not everyone follows your religion, not everyone follows your beliefs. If a Muslim woman was to come up to you and tell you you’re going to hell if you don’t wear a scarf what would you say? “What the is wrong with you?” “Get away from me” “piss off you terrorist” “I’m not even a Muslim stop trying to force you beliefs on me!” Stop trying to force your beliefs on me, heard that one a lot right? If you don’t want that Muslim woman coming up to you telling you to wear a scarf than why do you have the freedom and right to tell her to take it off? If a gay man can’t tell you that loving the opposite gender is disgusting then why should you be able to? If a trans person can’t go into the bathroom their gender specifies with then what gives you the right to be able to? If a black person can’t walk the streets without being harassed and even killed than why can you. Not everyone is Christian, not everyone is Muslim or Jewish, or Hindu or etc… Not everyone follows your belief so stop forcing your beliefs on people. The pigment in your skin doesn’t define you, the person by your side doesn’t represent you and the practise that you follow does not change you.