Prologue

The unknown.

Prologue


 

Waking up only to be blinded by the bright light from the sun wasn't exactly something that Elly had enjoyed experiencing. In fact, it was something she had hated, which was probably why her mother did it. But despite the sudden singing and bright light that was now slightly brightening up her bedroom, Ellie to her other side and tried to go back to sleep, hoping her mother would go away.

"Wakey wakey, rise and shine!" She heard her mother sing in an all-too-happy voice as she walked around the bedroom and opened the curtains to let more light into the room, knowing it was bothering her daughter. For some reason, her mum seemed to be in such a good mood and although it was a nice change, Ellie wished it would stop already so she could sleep more. After what seemed like forever of her mother humming in an all-too-chirpy way, Ellie let a soft groan escape her naturally plump lips before noticing the unsettling feeling that was beginning to rise in her stomach.. Something isn't right.. She thought to herself. Nah.. It's probably nothing but my imagination. Her thoughts continued, deciding that it was probably just her imagination playing tricks on her and tried to shrug it off but the uneasy feeling wouldn't go away. Something in the back of her head was telling her to open her eyes and get out of there as quick as she could.

"Mum.." Ellie mumbled softly as she opened her eyes but was met with something that she had never imagined would ever happen. She was met with the reality that no one in their right mind would want; her own mother was standing over her daughters bed with a kitchen knife held over her head, getting ready to stab the younger girl below her.

"What ar--" Ellie was interuppted as her mother plunged the knife that was in her hands right into her daughters stomach with a menancing look in her eyes. You would think that Ellie would have moved, tried to get away but she was in so much shock and pain that her body wouldn't move and she just laid there, forming an 'O' shape but no sound could be heard until a few moments later, "S-Stop!" she cried out, her voice getting caught in due to the unbelievable amount of pain that was shootnig through her entire body from her mothers countless stab wounds

As tears fell down her cheeks and she managed to grab onto her mothers hands to try and stop her, Ellie watched in horror as her mother--her beloved mother leant down and growled into the young girls ear, "Die, Satan!" and that was the last thing that Ellie had heard from her mother before everything went black. She had passed out from the unbearable amount of pain she had been expierencing.