Chapter 1

I'm Not Leaving

So they broke up.

Big deal.

Chaerin snorts and swirls her punch. It tastes funny.

Oh, she is fine, alright.

She absolutely didn't cry and had to deal with her swollen eyes. Nor did she want to avoid the office party after hearing he had a date for himself. She is merely curious, she ensures herself.

A date? Tsk. She will bring her date too. Because she is fine. And she doesn't look like a mess like Dara said.

They were fine weeks ago. They even had a lovely . But then he care about her less. She feels he start to drift away, giving space between them that widen each days. She snorts.

"Stop snorting, will you?" her supposed-to-be date says.

"Arsehole," is her response.

"Hey! I even dress up for you, noona."

She looks at him. Thin body, pale skin, even in the dim light she can see his brown orbs. Damn, why all Korean people look alike? Ah, that neat hair. And that mischievous want-you-so-bad smirk. And that naughty mole in his cheekbone. And that smooth hands and cold fingers that make her shiver everytime they touched her. And that lovely lips...

She shakes her head to erase the image of him. Damn him for being so perfect!!

"Urg, the punch tastes funny. Excuse me, vodka, please," her date says to a bartender.

"Make it two, please."

"Nice party, Chae. Should have brought me around more often."

Chaerin looks around. It's more like a club than an office party. There's even a disco ball in the center. There're some people with formal suit though. The owner is really an open minded person.

"This is boring, Tae. Should have been at my flat and watched minions. Oh, I miss them." She bangs her head against the table.

Taemin rubs her back softly. "Just enjoy tonight, Chae. It couldn't be worse."

Oh, it is worse. Because at that time, she sees him. He walks in like he owns the entire company. Neat hair and black tailored suit. A smirk plasters on his lips. Perfect teeth graze his bottom lips. And a lovely woman in his arm.

Chaerin's eyes suddenly feel so hot. She chugs her vodka without taking her eyes off of him. "Do you feel like dancing, Tae?"

"Finally," Taemin mutters.


She has a nice body. Innocent face. She is..lovely. So unlike her. Chaerin couldn't help but studying Jiyong's date. "Hey, Chae, do you know Dara have this new with historical romance novel?" Taemin's voice snaps her back to her surrounding.

She sighs and closes her eyes. Taemin is doing his crazy electric dance. "Yeah, she's been asking me about Julie Garwood lately." His dance is a bit odd but he moves like water. He really does look like electrocuted.

Chaerin looks back at the object that pique her interest. Panic starts to spread to her brain system. Because Kwon Jiyong is coming closer to the dance floor.

"Oh, God. Oh, God. Tae, let's get out of here!" she speaks in harsh whisper. "What?" Taemin is too busy with his dance to hear her.

"I see you decided to come." Too late.

Chaerin clears and turns around. She juts out her chin and hopes her bravado doesn't fail her. "Of course I do." She then sees his date who is more interested in Taemin's dance, "I see you bring a lovely date." 

The more Chaerin sees Jiyong, the more she is angry with him. "Do you enjoy the party?" Oh, that smirk. And that arogant vibe he gives. She hates him.

"Why, I did, until you came. Good night, Kwon Jiyong." She then leaves and some people start giving her curious glance. She hears someone calling her but she is too angry to care.

A hand grabs hers. "Oh, Tae. Let's just go home." Taemin gives her a concern look and nods.

It happens so fast. They are walking toward the elevator. Taemin suddenly spuns her around and laces his fingers with hers. Jiyong stands in front of them. His breath comes in short pants as if he's been running. And his lovely date on his tail.

"I said move your filthy hand!" Then Jiyong's fist meets Taemin's baby face.

Chaerin gasps. Damn, Dara's baby boy! "Taemin!" But she feels someone dragging her body away from Taemin to the elevator. The last thing she sees before the elevator door closed is Jiyong's date nursing Taemin. 

With tears threaten to fall down from her eyes, she faces Jiyong. "What have you done?!" she says with gritted theeth. But Jiyong is simply ignoring her. His cold glare meets her angry one. His stoic face gives away no emotion. His hold on her wrist tightens it hurt her. "I hate you, you prat!" Jiyong keeps ignoring her until they arrived on 7th floor. He drags her to his office and blocks her only way out.

"What have you done, Ji?! What do you want?! You just punched my date! Oh, God, Taemin." Now with a bright light, she can see his pretty face clearer. That eyes, nose, lips, even the mole. And that dark circles below his eyes. Wait-what? Dark circles?

"Do you really care about him?" 

"Of course I do, stupid cow!" She replies with the same cold tone.

He snorts. "You move on that fast, huh?"

"What about you? You bring yourself a beautiful date!"

He approaches her in three stride. He's too close for her sanity. "You really think she's beautiful?"

She takes a step backward. "She's beautiful...and young...and.." She gulps a lump in . The tears are rolling down to her cheek so she turns her head and wipes them forcefully. Damn! She's not breaking in front of him.

Jiyong put a finger to her chin and turns her face to him. He wipes her tears softly. "And she's not you," he adds. Closing his eyes, he puts his forehead to hers and rubs her wet cheeks. Chaerin feels they back to when they were fine. They are fighting all the time, shouting at each other. But they are always fine. Until recently.

"I miss you." She can feel his warm breath when he talked. She lets out small sob. "I miss you too." Their lips almost touch. She wants to taste that lips again. He takes a step back and she tries to ignore the lost of his warm body from her. He puts his hand behind his suit, on his chest, and sighs.

Jiyong messes his hair with his idle hand and rakes it with his fingers. She raises her eyebrow. She rarely sees this behaviour of his. "You're nervous," she unconsiously says aloud.

He chuckles. "I am."

"But why? Kwon Jiyong is never nervous. Not even when he had to make a deal with a big company."

He finally looks at her eyes. She doesn't know what he sees in it but she sees sincerity in his eyes. Admiration. Love.

"He is...when he's about to ask the woman he loves the most to marry him."

"What?" Her question comes in whisper.

He's holding something in his hand but Chaerin couldn't careless about anything but his word.

"I've been preparing a romantic proposal for months. But I always got nervous and postponed it. I'm at making event, Chae, I'm sorry. I never thought it will be this difficult. So, yeah, Seunghyun hyung scolded for being such a sissy. He helped me to pick the ring. He-"

"Ji, you're rambling." She moves closer and puts her hands to his chest. He looks down at her. "I love you, Chae, and this break up thing is a mess."

Her hands snake to his neck. Their lips only an inch apart. "I know. You avoided me for weeks. I thought you didn't love me anymore so I..."

"I don't think I can make a decent proposal if you're this close."

She chuckles and teases his lips with her own. "Mercy. At least let me put this bloody ring to your finger."

It's a beautiful ring with a diamond in the center. It's simple. And perfect. Jiyong kisses her palm and rubs it to his cheek.

"I'm sorry for neglecting you. I just want this proposal to be perfect."

It explains the dark circles. He sleeps so little, thinking about the perfect wedding proposal. Chaerin makes a small sobs. "Mr. Kwon, you're perfect." She says in mocking tone.

His hand makes its way to her lips. "I love you, Chae."

"I love you, too, moron." She snakes her hands to his neck.

"Who is your date, anyway?"

His eyes widens and his face tells like he suddenly remember something important. "Bloody hell! Hyung will kill me!"

"Who?"

"She's Minzy, Seunghyung hyung's sister."

"Oh, Ji. You're in trouble."

But right now, Jiyong only cares about the woman in his arm. His soon-to-be wife.


"Hey, you okay?" asks a woman.

Taemin nods. "Hell, Chaerin noona owes me for this." The woman still sits beside him.

"Gosh, you're bleeding! Let's get you to hospital."

"Nah, I'm fine." Trying to stand, he notices she is Chaerin's boyfriend's date.

"Hey, it's not fine! You have open wound, if we don't treat it sooner it'll get infected!" She says in akimbo style.

He gives her a pensive look. "Who are you, anyway?"

She grins widely and offers her hand. "My name is Minzy. What's yours?"


 

A/N : oooppsss...now you know I ship Taeminzy too..kkkkk

I hope you enjoy the story. I'm still improving my writting skills so please give me some comments