The First Time I Saw You

Curious Love Triangle

***A/N To make things a bit more realistic as to why all the AOA members are in the same class despite being different ages, I'm having Jimin, Choa, and Yuna to all be one year older than the rest of the members. Also, sentences in italics are thoughts. Minhyuk from CNBlue is also Seolhyun's brother in this just because I thought they were cute in Brave Family, and there will be occasional changes in POV. I also put the object of Choa's affections (for now) as a boy named Kihyun. Alrighty, that's all the background info you need. I hope you enjoy!

 

-Seolhyun POV-

            "Well…that was something," said Minhyuk with a wince as they walked through the crowded parking lot.

            "That was tragic, oppa," said Seolhyun bluntly as her brother popped open the trunk so she could toss her bag in, "Did you even see the uniforms? Or should I say lack of uniforms? What's with this girls' team?"

            "Okay, admittedly this isn't Incheon's renowned female lacrosse team, but lighten up. Maybe you can join the team and completely reinvent them?" said Minhyuk weakly as they both got into the car.

            "Why did Dad have to move us here? Seoul isn't all it's cracked up to be…"

            "Let's just get home. Tomorrow is our first day of school, and we still need to get dinner. Dad texted me during the game that he's staying at the office tonight," Minhyuk said dismissively as he pulled out of the parking lot. Seolhyun sighed and looked out the window at the Seoul nightlife.   

 

-Choa POV-

            "I don't know why the principal always puts the girls against the guys for lacrosse. It's always a disaster," said Seunghyub loudly. Save for Jimin and Choa, lost in her day dreams, the girls' team put their heads down.

            "If you don't want to watch the matches, don't go to them!" said Jimin harshly.

            "If it weren't for your team, the school could have funding for a Starcraft club and send us to tournaments," said Seunghyub, standing up, "But someone is the principle's precious daughter~"

            "That's it!" Jimin bolted up from her desk and lunged at the boy. Hyejeong barely grabbed the shorter girl and pushed her back into her seat as another boy held Seunghyub down, kicking only air.

            "Our teacher's coming back! Sit down!" shouted Yonghwa, running to his chair from the window. Everyone scrambled to their seats at their class president's words, Jimin and Seunghyub scowling at each other from their seats.

            Their middle aged professor came in with a new girl in tow. Choa looked up from her stupor to see an absolute doll standing in front of her.  

            "Class! I'd like to introduce our new classmate, Kim Seolhyun. She came here from Incheon Athletics High School," announced their professor, the boys in the class already starting to talk amongst themselves.

            "Hello, I'm Kim Seolhyun. Please take good care of me," she said politely with a small bow.

            Choa heard a creak from her left and turned to see Kihyun looking completely enamored at the girl. Wait? What?! thought Choa, silently panicking.  

            "Alright, you can go ahead and take a seat in the back."

            Choa barely caught the new girl send Kihyun a small smile before walking towards her seat. He smiled back and started talking to his friend next to him.

            You're kidding me…that model-looking girl likes Kihyun?! What chance do I have with him now? thought Choa despairingly, putting her head down. Even she herself thought she was being overdramatic, but she didn't care at this moment.

            I have to get him my letter today. Before Seolhyun gets the chance to talk to him. she thought determinedly. Her emotions were so conflicting. One part of her wanted time to go as fast as possible so she could give him the letter while the other was terrified and wanted to put off the event as much as possible. Lost in her thoughts, she barely registered the class bell ringing and Kihyun standing up and grabbing his stuff to leave.  

            Choa jumped to her feet, letter in hand.

            "Ahem," Choa cleared . Kihyun turned around to face her.

            "Yah! Keep walking. Are you going to smack talk like the rest of your team?" asked Hyejeong suddenly, putting her arm around Choa's shoulders, Yuna on Choa's other side.

            "Yeah, just wait until the next match!" Jimin yelled, grimacing while Choa just watched in horror.

            "I just…never mind. I'll go," Kihyun said, confused but not wanting to start a fight. He turned around and walked towards the door.

            "You guys…" Choa whined.

            "Don't worry! We've got your back!" said Yuna, happily innocent. Choa opened to yell at them but stopped herself. I can’t let them know I like him. Jimin wants to murder the male team for last night's match. thought Choa, subtly putting the letter inside one of her folders before walking with the girls outside.

            Unnoticed by everyone, a certain new student was still seated, a silent observer to all of this with a small smile on her lips.

 

-----------------------------------------

-Rewind to Seolhyun's POV-

            "Don’t be too nervous. Our class will probably be a bit rowdy today because of yesterday's lacrosse match. It's a study hall with a mix of students from different ages. Our principal wanted the older students to help the younger ones," explained the professor with a wince. Seolhyun politely smiled.

            Seolhyun could hear the screeching of chairs as the professor opened the door but stepped into a model classroom, everyone in their seats as though they were behaving the whole time.

            A certain short haired blond girl near the front of the class caught her eye. Why does that girl look familiar…oh yesterday's match! Not just her either. That small girl over there crashed into her teammate...is the whole team in this class? thought Seolhyun as the professor introduced her.

            "Hello, I'm Kim Seolhyun. Please take good care of me," she said quickly when she realized the professor stopped talking. When she looked up from her bow, that blonde girl had the most love struck expression towards a guy across from her.

            "Alright, you can go ahead and take a seat in the back," said the professor quickly, before walking towards the board. 

            That girl looks so cuteOh God. Why are you looking at her for so long?! thought Seolhyun suddenly, glancing away from blonde before the blonde thought she was a creep. Unfortunately, her eyes fell on the captain of the male team from yesterday, who smiled at her. She quickly made her way to the back of the class and sat down. She looked up to see said male captain whispering to his friend and the said cute blonde put her head in her arms. Seohyun smirked slightly.

            Did I really just make the girl I like think her crush likes me? Oh Seolhyun…the messes you get yourself into…thought Seolhyun amusedly before opening the welcome back to school folder.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N part 2

If you watch the original MV as much as I did, you can actually see Seolhyun look at Choa and then away at 1:20 <3