Chapter 1: Misunderstandings and Distraction

Boy In Luv

Chapter 1: Misunderstandings and Distraction

 

“Hyung I really need your help.”

 

“Find a girlfriend Park Jimin. That’s the only thing that I can suggest to solve your problem.”

 

Jimin got frustrated by Jin’s advice. Actually everyone that he asked about his problem have more or less the same solution presented.

 

“Find a girlfriend. That way you can shove off all your suitors and stalkers.” –Namjoon

“A girlfriend is the only solution to that problem. Look at Jin hyung, he has no problem anymore because of Irene noona.” –Yoon Gi

“You know what Jimin, why don’t you just ignore them. Or find a girlfriend.” –Hoseok

“I love you Hyung but that’s not my problem.” –Jungkook

 

And Taehyung so far has the best advice:

 

“Find a boyfriend. Or find a way for Jin hyung and Irene noona to break-up. But I really don’t advice that you do the second option because it’s never going to happen.”

 

Before Jin and Irene we’re in a relationship all the girls are on him. But it didn’t matter on Jin because he liked the attention. And now that he’s taken lesser girls are disturbing him. Jimin is the only one in their circle of friends that’s not in a relationship. And he doesn’t intend to have one. For him girls are just nuisance. They’re just complications and that’s the last thing that he needs in his life, complications. You have to remember a lot of things in your relationship and you have to understand their complicated mind which is harder than taking exams.

 

And he can’t find the logic and connection between having a girlfriend and showing his stalkers. Being in a relationship wouldn’t solve his problem it would probably just add.

 

“Speaking of girlfriend, here comes your bae.” Jin flashed a teasing smile while looking at the door and walked away. Jimin rolled his eyes. This is the reason why he hates his situation.

 

Girls!

 

“Honey why didn’t you answered my calls last night? Did you know that I was very worried about what happened to you?” Lee Hyeri is a girl from another class. She is the school’s head cheerleader and she’s quite famous among the boys in the school. At first he was after Jin and now that Jin is not available she is pestering him. Whatever he says to her she just wouldn’t listen.

 

“Just at home.” He said that dryly hoping to send her away but it didn’t have any effect on her or if it did she just choose to ignore his dry response.

 

“It’s lunchtime already I reserved a seat in the canteen so that we can have lunch together. C’mon!” Hyeri didn’t even bother to wait for his response. She just dragged him .

 

They’re in the door when another student came in and the three of them collided.

 

“Watch where you’re going loser!”

 

Hyeri yelled at the girl. She just bowed her head and didn’t say anything. Then an idea entered his mind. It’s not the most clever idea that he have but it just happened and there’s no turning back. He wasn’t even thinking at that moment.

 

“Wendy!” He called her. The girl stopped and he took advantage of her reaction. He let go of Hyeri’s hand grabbed Wendy’s hand. Then he put her arms around her shoulders and hold her closer.

 

“I would like you to meet my girlfriend Wendy Shon.”

 

Hyeri’s mouth dropped wide open. Their room feel into silent and everyone is looking at them. Wendy is too surprised to even react about the situation.

 

“You’re just lying. She can’t possibly be your girlfriend. Do you really think you can pull this kind of trick on me?”

 

Then Hyeri walked away. Wendy who just recovered from what happened pushed Jimin and ran away.

 

“I think you just made your problem worse Jimin-ah.”

 

Taehyung just tapped his shoulder and walked away.


Wendy Shon. Where can he begin to describe her? Well for starters she’s a very complicated girl. And he’s not a stalker. He knows something about her because she is Irene’s bestfriend and they have gotten out together. Not just the two of them but when Jin had a date with Irene. They have been introduced to each other but since they don’t have a common thing they’re just civil with each other. Besides Wendy is the kind of girl that seemed impossible. She’s pretty, talented, kind and she’s at the top of the class. She’s not really perfect because she seems kind of an introvert. She only has a limited circle of friends but she’s not snob. It’s just that she doesn’t mingle that much with everyone.

 

And she’s not the perfect girlfriend material for Jimin’s kind because she looks like the girl who likes serious relationships. Serious relationships are not for Jimin.

 

He’s in the canteen eating alone in the corner observing Wendy. She’s in the same table with Irene, who’s strangely not with Jin. Ever since the two had been in a relationship they’re almost inseparable and it’s weird for him. Don’t they get tired seeing the same face of each other and talking to each other? But maybe that’s how love works according to the hyungs. And he concluded that therefore he would never be able to understand it.

 

He has bigger plans and bigger dreams that he wants to achieve and he doesn’t want distraction on his way.

 

And the name Wendy Shon screams it. Distraction.


It’s past 7 in the evening and he’s still in school practicing together with his friends. He’s sure that his parents right now are freaking out as usual. They don’t like him staying late in school because they think that it’s dangerous.

 

“I’ll just go to the restroom.”

 

They just nodded and continued on what they were doing. Jin is on his phone obviously texting Irene, Namjoon and Yoongi are on the corner writing, probably composing and Hoseok and Taehyung are pestering Jungkook who’s trying to sleep.

 

Now that the school is isolated and some parts don’t have lights especially on the way to the restroom Jimin remembers the horror stories that his classmates would like to talk. Just this morning he heard Sehun talking about the crying lady in the girls restroom. The worst thing is that before reaching the boys’ restroom he has to pass by the girls’ restroom first. His peripheral vision caught that the lights are still on and it feels like there’s someone in there. The hairs at the back of his neck are standing up because of fright. He’s not usually a cowardly kind of person but when it comes to situations like these where there’s no one and you’re in a place where there are a lot of horror stories everyone would get scared.

 

He hurriedly finished his business and went out of the restroom. When he passed the girls’ restroom he heard something that made him trip and fell into the ground.


**