001

Only You

Note: upvote, subscribe, and comment!

 

 

Jongin has everything he ever wanted in life.

Kim Jongin, he is someone who is highly important in his point of view and has a pretty easy life.

Jongin is one of those handsome guys with detailed face structure and how his sun-kissed skin makes him stand out; people compliment him all the time too. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, good looking, popular, and smart. 

He is also attending one of the world's most elite colleges and on top of that his father owns that elite college.

Many girls and guys flock over how Jongin is just perfect inside and out. They either want to be his friend or they would be confessing their love for him, however Jongin doesn't care for it.

He could care less about how they feel about him because he doesn't believe in love. Sure, Jongin has been in quite a few relationships but, he never got the feeling of "love" from it. 

Jongin tried dating girls, however he never really liked the way they would try to kiss him and be affectionate. It made Jongin feel disgusted and lost interest in dating all together.

You could hear the way girls would whisper or send heart eyes to Jongin as he walks through the halls to get to his dorm and how they squeal when they think he's made eye contact with them. What he really did was roll his eyes at how they would do extremes to get his attention. 

Jongin finally made it into his dorm and sighs while walking past the living room and into his room  flopping onto the king sized bed and stares at the ceiling. 

Inside of the dorm, however looks like a house and not a dorm.

Yes, Jongin has his own dorm which he doesn't share with others, the living room is quite spacious, the floor is matted with a white carpet while the walls are paved with white bricks. One window is close to the door and the other is opposite from it, Jongin has a great view of the college ground. 

It also welcomes sunshine making the inside of the dorm feels warm and cozy; a black sofa is located in the middle of the living room with a clear glass coffee table. Also it's where the large screen tv is located, but the kitchen is also located sort of close to the living room. 

Jongin's dorm has two rooms and the bathroom is located closer to Jongin's room. Oh, how Jongin is living the life in his dorm making him feel superior from the others. 

However things soon change when a knock is heard from his door.

"Hello, is this dorm room number S205?" Jongin is greeted by a black haired - pale skinned, doe-eyed boy. 

"Yes, and who might you be?" Jongin asked with a brow up in curiosity because Kyungsoo is just staring. 

"My name is Do Kyungsoo and I've been assigned to this room from the college owner," Kyungsoo stares blankly and blinks at Jongin.

Jongin makes an "o" with his mouth. He starts to furrow his brows because Kyungsoo is still staring at him blankly. " You know it's rude to stare at someone for a long time right?" Jongin says with a smirk because he thinks Kyungsoo is checking him out and might have a "thing" for Jongin.

"Oh..I'm sorry, it's not that I'm doing it on purpose. I'm blind." Kyungsoo finally blinks. Now Jongin feels really bad, this Kyungsoo guy looks normal. " I'm sorry," Jongin continues with his head tilted slightly with guilt in his eyes.

"I didn't know, you don't look like you're blind. Your eyes are a nice dark hazel brown color, so I didn't know." Jongin started to feel guilty. 

Kyungsoo forms a soft smile around his face showing Jongin he understood. 

"Here I'll help you with your things, Kyungsoo." Jongin leans and grabs Kyungsoo luggage and places it on the other side of the room where the empty bed is, he also observes how Kyungsoo is walking in the room carefully. 

Jongin instructs Kyungsoo with his voice on where Kyungsoo's bed, bathroom, and kitchen is located.

With some help from Jongin also guiding Kyungsoo around, Kyungsoo made sure to count how much steps were each place was located at so, that he remembers.

His dorm is quite unique, it's bigger than regular dorms and is the closest to the campus so, they can get to classes easier and quicker. 

How unfortunate for Jongin, his father never informed him on this new roommate. He was hoping to not have a roommate and if he were to have one, not one that was handicap at least.

_______________________________________________


They start to slowly get to know each other.

The first couple of weeks were on and off. Jongin didn't know how much of a light sleeper Kyungsoo was and couldn't tell whether he was asleep or not. Which makes Jongin take precautions while walking around the room.

Sometimes Jongin would wake up from Kyungsoo trying to make something to drink, but ends up dropping the cup and making Jongin clean it up afterwards. It becomes a routine for them actually.

However as time has passed, it seems that they've have gotten kind of close. 

Jongin got to know Kyungsoo more and how Kyungsoo likes the kid cartoon Pororo, also how Kyungsoo is older and how their birthdays are only two days apart. 

Also, how Kyungsoo has a baby face and how his height is pretty short for his age. Sometimes when Jongin teases Kyungsoo about his height Kyungsoo can be very scary, although Kyungsoo is stubborn he's actually a really soft-hearted type of guy.

Jongin also learned that even though Kyungsoo is blind, it doesn't stop Kyungsoo's dream to become a doctor, maybe even a singer, but Kyungsoo knows it'll never happen. 

Kyungsoo also learned things about Jongin.

He learned how Jongin may seem all of himself, but in reality he's lonely and doesn't really have much friends. 

Also for how clingy Jongin can be just like a lost puppy.

Jongin would always help Kyungsoo get to class, which made others envious of how much attention Jongin would give Kyungsoo, neither of them cared though.

Kyungsoo has to feel Jongin's face, so he can draw out in his head how Jongin looks like. Jongin's face has a gentle, but unique feature. He has a somewhat flat nose with plump lips and his cheekbones that slightly form when Jongin smiles. 

And for Kyungsoo's favorite part about Jongin is Jongin's eyes. They have double eyelids and are  just perfectly rounded to fit his face. 

As months pass, they start to do things that each of them like and Jongin started learning how to write in Braille so, he could understand Kyungsoo more. 

Now, Kyungsoo was never always blind. His eyes actually worked fine until one day he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Kyungsoo doesn't really talk about how he became blind he just changes the subject because thinking about it too much gives him a panic attack. 

Jongin asked quite a few times how it happened, while Kyungsoo tried to explain it he would end up sweating, hands becoming clammy, and having short breathes almost forming his panic attack. So, Jongin doesn't really ask anymore because it'll only cause Kyungsoo to feel more hurt.

Jongin also knows how scared Kyungsoo is when it comes on deciding to do eye surgery, however Jongin would change the subject again, just to make Kyungsoo feel better.

However, Jongin starts to feel like he's wanted inside when he's around Kyungsoo, it's probably because Jongin never had a friend in more than 5 years of his life. 

All the friends Jongin made only ended up using him because of his high status and how rich Jongin is. Which only caused Jongin to become an outcast and not have many friends during middle to high school. 

But, this act only caused girls to think Jongin has this bad boy feel to him, which made many of the girls make rumors and give Jongin a reputation.

Very few were lucky to even date him, however they soon became sad when Jongin did not show any affection to them and suddenly ending their relationship. Since of Jongin's "bad boy" feel, being good looking, and rich they also called him a playboy which made him even more irresistible.

Which only caused Jongin to not feel anything for people anymore. But, now that Kyungsoo has come into his life, he feels like things will change.

Jongin is starting to feel something for Kyungsoo anyways, and doesn't know what it is.

_______________________________________________

It was around the time where exams just finished and students could take a break.

Kyungsoo is currently reading a Braille book on his bed in his room, but soon shifts his attention to his door because he can hear someone opening it.

"Hey Kyungsoo," He automatically knows this voice, it's none other than Jongin. 

"Hello Jongin, do you need something?" Kyungsoo then sets his book down next to him.

"I was just wondering if you want to watch Pororo?" Although Kyungsoo can't see, Jongin is smiling warmly at Kyungsoo.

"Sure," Kyungsoo sits up from his bed and aligns himself with the headboard making some room for Jongin.

Jongin climbs into Kyungsoo's bed and plays Pororo on the computer and explains to Kyungsoo what's happening, since Kyungsoo can't see anything.

Kyungsoo starts to laugh when Jongin starts to try and imitate Krong, but fails badly. After watching some Pororo they decide to watch the movie "A Walk To Remember."

It was both of their first time watching the movie and they were curious since quite a few of their friends recommended it to them.

As Jongin explains what's happening to Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo silently cries towards the ending of the movie. 

"Are you okay, Kyungsoo?" Jongin soon notices and looks worried. 

It's quite for a while.

"This movie kind of reminds me of myself," Kyungsoo finally responds with a raspy voice.

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo in a really confused way and tilts his head, "How? You don't have cancer nor, die Kyungsoo." 

Kyungsoo wipes the tears away from his eyes with the back of his hands, and also on his cheeks. "Ah..haha," Kyungsoo deeply inhales and slowly exhales, but continues "you know if I do eye surgery to try and fix my eyes, there's a high chance that I won't make it alive, it makes me think long and hard that I won't make it out alive." Kyungsoo wavers a bit. 

"Hey," Jongin puts his left hand over Kyungsoo shoulder and his right one across his stomach, to reach Kyungsoo's waist and holds Kyungsoo in a gentle yet firm hug. "nothing's going to happen to you, if you decide to get the eye surgery, Kyungsoo." 

Jongin starts to move his left hand to rub circles around his back, comforting Kyungsoo down. However, Jongin starts to feel his heart race a bit while being this close to Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo stops and freezes a bit when he notices that he's being stared at, just as he turns his head to face Jongin, Kyungsoo reaches his hand out to trace Jongin's face and then Jongin's plump lips, which is oh-so soft. Kyungsoo can feel how his chest is tightening and how his hands have become clammy. 

Oh, how the room is so silent with both of them close together, lips only a few centimeters apart. Jongin goes for it - his lips softly on top of Kyungsoo's, he expects Kyungsoo to back away, but Kyungsoo stays enjoying the feeling of Jongin's lips on his.

Jongin slowly draws back and withdraws his hand from Kyungsoo watching the older thinking what he did was the worst thing ever. Kyungsoo holds his hand out trying to find Jongin's hand, Kyungsoo's hands roam from his arms down until he finally found Jongin's hand and places his finger in between them, showing Jongin it's okay.

Kyungsoo slowly moves his face closer to Jongin's hoping his calculations are correct, Kyungsoo's head rests in between Jongin's shoulder. "Jongin, do you want to know how I became blind," Kyungsoo starts snuggling into Jongin.

"You don't have to tell me," Jongin puts his arms around Kyungsoo pulling him close, where Kyungsoo is now touching Jongin. "I'm afraid you might get another panic attack."

Kyungsoo clears his throat, "It was summer time, on the Fourth of July, I was enjoying fireworks with my friends and family," Kyungsoo takes a deep breathe and can hear Jongin's breathing. "It was an accident, my friend accidently lit a firework in front of my face which caused me to become like this." Kyungsoo was sighing a bit.

Jongin made Kyungsoo know that he understood by lying them both on the bed and embracing Kyungsoo making sure he felt safe, Kyungsoo also embraced Jongin back.

That night, they didn't leave their position in each other's embrace and fell asleep like together in Kyungsoo's room.

Everything in the world has stopped and felt perfectly perfect. 


_______________________________________________

 

A couple of months have passed.

Jongin and Kyungsoo became clear with their relationship, they started dating and other people had taken note on this. Sometimes when Kyungsoo would be at his desk in class, some of the girls would start bullying him and poking Kyungsoo head making his head tilt from the force, they'd also say things like, "Jongin doesn't really love you, he feels bad because your handicap." Or, "How can you like someone when you're blind, you can't see their face, loser."

Jongin saw it happen once, he made it clear that he loves Kyungsoo and threatened the next person who'd dare to bully him again. Jongin was so, mad that it happened he didn't know what to do, all he did was stay by Kyungsoo's side and would death glare at people who looked at them.

The worst thing that happened to Kyungsoo was after class was over, a group of girls started pushing him to the floor and kicking him, if that wasn't enough they poured dirty water all over Kyungsoo's head. Jongin felt horrible because he wasn't there and couldn't do anything to stop it.

That day, Kyungsoo decided to do the eye surgery, the main reason was to finally see Jongin's face and to prove those people wrong.

It was around spring time, Jongin and Kyungsoo didn't have school since it was spring break. Jongin helped Kyungsoo get ready to go to the hospital for his appointment to finally do the eye surgery.

Jongin led Kyungsoo to the car and buckled him up, then got into the driver side and started the car. Jongin could see how Kyungsoo's body is getting tense, so Jongin grabs one of Kyungsoo's hand and caresses it telling Kyungsoo everything will be okay.

As they make it to the hospital, Jongin guides Kyungsoo and tells the nurse about the appointment waiting for Kyungsoo's doctor to come out.  After about 15 minutes of waiting, the doctor finally came out to greet them.

"Hello, Mr.Do I'm doctor Kim. I'll guide you to getting ready for your surgery now," the doctor announces his presence.

"Kyungsoo, everything will be fine and I'll be here waiting for you when you come out from the surgery, okay?" Jongin pulls Kyungsoo into a tight yet loving hug; kissing Kyungsoo's temples. Kyungsoo nods, "I want you to be the first person I see, when I can finally use my eyes." Kyungsoo smiles and, then is guided by the doctor on where to go.

Jongin sits in the waiting room, watching the clock tick. 

About half an hour passed until they informed to Jongin that Kyungsoo was resting in the hospital bed with the bandage around his head and eyes. 

As Jongin finally sees Kyungsoo on the bed, he grabs a chair and holds onto Kyungsoo's hand. "Jongin Is that you? Oh.. I'm so excited for the results on my surgery."
Kyungsoo chirps with excitement, while tightening his grip around Jongin's hand. "And I'm just as excited to see you, Kyungsoo," Kyungsoo can't see it yet, but Jongin's face is lit up with excitement.

They spend the next two weeks in the hospital, entertaining each other with lame jokes, reading stories, and just talking endlessly about their future together.

Just the two of them, together forever.

The day has finally come, Kyungsoo can finally open his eyes and see the world again; mostly Jongin. As the doctor unravels the bandage from Kyungsoo's head, Jongin becomes overwhelmed with happiness. The doctor then, takes off the pads covering Kyungsoo's eyes. "You may open your eyes now, Kyungsoo," 

Kyungsoo slowly opens his eyes. He's so happy, he can finally see Jongin know.

However his heart stops. 

"I - I can't see -" Kyungsoo says, confusing everyone. "What do you mean you can't see?" Jongin spat out while furrowing his brows confused. 

"I mean, I'm still blind!!" Kyungsoo weakly says, with a tear rolling down his cheek. Jongin walks about to the doctor, angrily gripping the doctor's shoulders shaking him vigorously, "What does he mean, why can't he see?" Jongin angrily yells at the doctor. 

"I'm not sure sir, but I'll check on Kyungsoo's records and see if I can find anything to report back." The doctor went to do as he said, which left an angry, confused, and sad Kyungsoo and an angry Jongin.

Two days has passed after the incident and Jongin has became extremely worried over Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo wouldn't eat and only slept the whole time at the hospital. Apparently, Kyungsoo was diagnosed with Retinal Pigment Epithelial (RPE) at a young age. 

The doctor said even though Kyungsoo's eyes were damaged from the firework incident, it was most likely that the RPE had spread into its final stages and caused Kyungsoo to stay blind, all this time Kyungsoo didn't know he had RPE at all. 

A few more days have passed, and Kyungsoo has seemed to come back normal and out of the state of depression. "Jongin, I want to get some fresh air, somewhere we can be alone together. Can you take me to the hospital roof?" Kyungsoo sits up from his bed getting ready to leave. 

"Sure," Jongin goes to help Kyungsoo out of bed and guides him to the staircase, both walking together side to side to get to the rooftop.

_______________________________________________

As Jongin opens the door to the rooftop, a burst of wind greets both him and Kyungsoo. 

"Can you lead me to the wall, so I can feel the wind better Jongin, I want to clear my mind a bit." Jongin does as Kyungsoo asks him to do.

 "Jongin hold me, I want to feel your embrace." Kyungsoo, grips onto one of Jongin's arms to pull it close to him, Jongin then adjusts himself to put both arms around his waist pulling him into a hug. "Kiss me," Kyungsoo keeps asking Jongin to do things for him, however it doesn't stop Jongin to do whatever Kyungsoo wants, it's the least he can do after Kyungsoo has been through so much these past couple of weeks.

Jongin then, turns Kyungsoo around still hugging him and placing his lips onto Kyungsoo's soft ones and engaging into a chaste kiss. However, Kyungsoo's flinches a little when he feels something wet tracing his lips, demanding entrance inside of Kyungsoo's mouth. 

As Kyungsoo gives Jongin access, Jongin's tongue explored the warm cavern. Jongin tilted his head in a different angle so, that he was granted with more room to explore. Kyungsoo began to feel weak from the kiss; hardly without any breath left from it, and so was Jongin. 

After pulling away from their long kiss, Jongin notices Kyungsoo's tears rolling down his cheek. "Kyungsoo? What wrong?" Jongin wiped Kyungsoo tears away with his thumbs. 

"Jongin, you know I love you right," Kyungsoo holds both of his hands up trying to finding Jongin's face and cups Jongin's face. "You're going to grow old and be happy with your life and never give up on anything, no matter what life throws at you, you're going to be happy." Kyungsoo is shaking a bit; Jongin is now confused and puts his hands on top of Kyungsoo's ones holding them tightly.

"Kyungsoo, what are you saying? I don't, I don't understand." 

It's quiet, all too quiet. 

Jongin is on the verge of tears, he lets go of Kyungsoo's hands and walks backwards; back now facing Kyungsoo with his hand running through his hair and deeply sighing. Jongin doesn't understand anything.

As he turns around, he sees Kyungsoo already over the wall about to jump; eyes wide Jongin runs quickly and catches Kyungsoo's arms holding on to them with his dear life.

"Kyungsoo! What do you think you're doing?!" Jongin yells while trying to pull Kyungsoo back up. 

"You said you would catch me, Jongin" Kyungsoo uses one of his hands to grab a piece of paper from his pocket and puts it in Jongin pocket. Kyungsoo flashed Jongin a smile and did the unthinkable.

Jongin's heart dropped; time was slowed as he watched Kyungsoo use his free hand, prying Jongin's grip off making Jongin let go of Kyungsoo.

Everything went by too quickly Jongin can hardly breathe right, his hands now clammy and face sweating. 

Jongin slumped down onto the wall and slammed his fist onto the ground. "I could've saved him, but I didn't." With that a pool of tears form, making Jongin's vision blurry.

It's been exactly 5 hours since the incident with Kyungsoo happened.

Throughout those hours, Jongin finally made it back to his dorm lifeless. As Jongin goes to grab his phone from his pocket to see how many calls his missed, he feels paper in his pocket. When he opens the paper it has Kyungsoo's handwriting, but the words caught Jongin offhand; eyes started to water again.

 

Yet here I am on the cold hard ground