kyungsoo's got (third) wheels

Everyone has that one friend. The one friend they can go to for anything. The one friend they don’t actually like. The one friend you actually do like, more than a friend.  The friend you just met, and the one who’s been by your side forever.

There are also pairs of friends. The ones who are strictly only friends, the ones who hang around with each other because they don’t have anyone better to be friends with, and the ones that are madly in love and are dating. There is however, the pair of friends who are madly in love with each other, and aren’t dating. The reason why? Usually stupidity, stubbornness, fear, or maybe all of the above.

Baekhyun had no ing idea what the hell Kyungsoo and Jongin’s reason was. Maybe it was because Baekhyun had introduced the two to one another back in the tenth grade. But Baekhyun wishes he can go back to the tenth grade and prevent freshman Jongin into not eating the tenth grade Kyungsoo’s cupcake. If he had not done that, maybe they would have never met and Baekhyun wouldn’t be out with Kyungsoo right now.

“Remind me why I am third-wheeling this date?” Baekhyun asked for the umpteenth time that day as they walked into the cozy Italian restaurant. Kyungsoo pushed Baekhyun violently into a wall and the older boy whimpered. “I’m doing you a favour, do not hurt me.”

Jongin and Kyungsoo became friends a while after the incident. It also did not take too long for Kyungsoo to realize his feelings for the other male. Only about two years, or so. Rationally, the thought of having romantic feelings for his same friend scared the out of Kyungsoo. But that’s just a part of high school right?

So to prevent himself from embarrassing and confessing too soon, Kyungsoo thought of a clever way to get out of it. Byun Baekhyun. Literally the most un-romantic thing ever if you asked Kyungsoo. Hey! Baekhyun protested. Nothing ual or romantic could ever arise, if Baekhyun was to supervise Kyungsoo on their ‘dates’. They’re not dates! We’re just hanging out. Kyungsoo always clarifies.

“I just don’t know why I’m here on YOUR date.” Baekhyun whispers into Kyungsoo’s ear, as he knows they will be seeing Jongin in two seconds.

“Just shut up.” Kyungsoo muttered to Baekhyun quietly as they made their way to the booth, and spotted the man of the hour. “Hey Jongin!”

Jongin smiled as he heard Kyungsoo’s voice but the smile immediately fell as he saw Baekhyun with him. Jongin quickly forced a smile back on his face seeing two of his best ‘friends’.

“Hey Kyungsoo… Hi Baekhyun, I didn’t know you were coming?”

“Ya well, you know how much I love Italian food… ha ha.” Baekhyun said fakely, glaring at Kyungsoo for bringing him, but the doe eyed boy just continued to smile at Jongin. But Kyungsoo quickly kicked Baekhyun under the table, causing the boy to fake laugh to cover his cries.

“But you’re lactose intolerant..?” Jongin stated quizzically. Baekhyun’s eyes widen to about Kyungsoo’s size as he realized Jongin was right. Baekhyun’s mouth opened, making an ‘ah’ sound, trying to think of an excuse, until Kyungsoo saved him.

“He took some lactaid medicine before this, so he could eat later.” Kyungsoo said easily as he took a sip of his water. Jongin nodded in understanding as Baekhyun quickly took out his cell phone to text Kyungsoo.

I didn’t take any lactaid medicine, cause I am not white washed and do not like Italian food or feel like ting myself later, you ing ignorant piece of .

Kyungsoo politely stopped his conversation with Jongin about what to order, as he checked his cell phone. Baekhyun was slightly impressed by how well Kyungsoo could keep a straight face while reading such a crude message.

How about you stop complaining and just take it, I know for a fact you know how to take things up and out of the easily, so I do not see the problem with this at all.

Baekhyun cried reading the reply, but the love sick ‘couple’ were too busy conversing to even notice Baekhyun hitting his head off of the table. It’s always been like this with the pair. Baekhyun didn’t even know why he was invited because he was always left out and never acknowledged.

-

“Well lunch was great, thanks for asking me to come.” Kyungsoo said politely, not wanting to pull away from the hug. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and hoped they never returned back so he didn’t have to look at the stupid couple.

“Always, Kyungsoo. I’m glad you came, and I’m um, glad you brought Baekhyun.” Jongin said as he finally let go of the older boy from his embrace.

“Ya cool whatever, can I go home please??” Baekhyun wheezed. He, like any normal human being, did not like using public restrooms and if they did not leave this restaurant ASAP, Baekhyun was going to his pants.

“But the day has only started, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo’s tone was sweet as sugar, but the look he gave Baekhyun could kill a deadly group of vigilantes.

“It’s alright, you guys should get going. I’ll see you soon!” Jongin said giving Kyungsoo and Baekhyun another quick hug good bye.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun started walking to the bus stop to get home. Kyungsoo began walking absentmindedly, still dazed from being so close to Jongin and spending time with him. While Baekhyun waddled, trying not to move, in fear of something else in him moving.

As Kyungsoo and Baekhyun rode the bus in silence, the older of the two couldn’t help but punch Kyungsoo in the arm.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Kyungsoo asked, stunned that Baekhyun would dare to hit him. Baekhyun gawked at Kyungsoo, causing people to stare as his mouth hung agape, looking like he was about to swallow Kyungsoo whole.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?! Jongin clearly asked you out on a DATE today, why did you make me go?!!” Baekhyun screamed, as an old lady told Baekhyun to lower his voice. He quickly muttered an apology and went back to Kyungsoo.

“I feel like it’d be really awkward just us two, so that’s why. You also owe me way more than I owe you so... I’m sorry that you’re either going to throw up, or your pants, or hey maybe both! But it’s worth it.”

“Worth. It?” Baekhyun squinted his eyes in frustration, but quickly closed them shut as he felt something bad in his stomach. “Tell me how me pooping my pants on the bus is ‘worth it?’”

“Worth it, because I can’t embarrass myself with Jongin. If you’re there... I trust myself more with others there? We can't hang out alone.” Kyungsoo said shyly, imagining being alone with Jongin.

“It’s embarrassing how madly in love you look every time he speaks. It’s like he told you he asked the waiter to rub his ball sack on your pasta and you’d still be smiling like a freshman school girl.” Baekhyun said trying to relax himself as he and Kyungsoo were going to get off at the next stop. As Baekhyun slowly rose up from his seat. Kyungsoo elbowed him in the gut and walked off the bus.

Baekhyun gasped as he fell back down into his bus seat and … in something else.

 

“So tell me why I’m going out with you… and Jongin?” Yifan asked Kyungsoo as they walked into the Chinese restaurant. It’s not like Yifan wasn’t friends with Jongin but… he didn’t know Kyungsoo that well. Kyungsoo was relatively new to their friend group and they’ve only hung out a few times. Yifan was surprised, to say the least, when Kyungsoo asked if he wanted to get dim sum with Jongin and himself.

“You’re not going out with us. I know you’re Chinese and thought you’d like to come.” Kyungsoo said nonchalantly. Yifan gave him a look as they sat down, waiting for Jongin and a server.

“Isn’t that racist?” Yifan asked after he thanked the server for bringing them menus and tea.

“No.” Kyungsoo said, pouring Yifan a cup of Jasmine tea. Yifan thanked Kyungsoo as he took a sip from the tea. Yifan was not dumb. He’s seen the way that Kyungsoo has looked at Jongin, and assumes that he’s afraid of being alone, but wants to spend time with the other. Yifan had no idea why he was the one called though.

“Is this because Baekhyun his pants on the bus?” Kyungsoo snorted into his cup of tea, and tried to hide his amusement. Before he could explain what happened, he saw Jongin coming to the table.

“Hi Jongin!” Kyungsoo smiled widely. Yifan smirked slightly, never seeing Kyungsoo that happy before.

“Hey Kyungsoo and... Wu Yifan what are you doing here?” Jongin said confused, but still gave Kris a firm handshake.  Kris tried forming an answer, but how was he going to word this so the younger boy wouldn’t kill him? In reality, Kyungsoo just came to his door fifteen minutes ago and forced him out the door for Chinese food.

“He was already here! I thought it’d be nice if we all ate together since Yifan was just going to eat alone-“

“Yifan hates eating alone…” Jongin stated matter-of-factly. Yifan nodded slowly, agreeing to the statement. Really… who enjoys eating alone? Especially at a public restaurant? The answer is nobody.

“Yifan has just been really lonely since Zitao is back home for the summer. They often came here and now Yifan has no one to go with for the remainder of the summer.” Kyungsoo said as he finished his tea. Yifan looked at him bewilderedly for making up such a stupid lie on the spot. “Is that true, bro?”

“What?! Of course-“

“It is, Jongin!” Kyungsoo finished Yifan’s sentence and kicked the tall male’s leg. The older male embarrassingly whimpered in pain from the action.

“But we shouldn’t talk about it, Jongin. It obviously makes Yifan really upset.” Kyungsoo whispered into the boy’s ear. Jongin watched from across the table to see that Yifan was indeed holding back his pain and tears. “I’m sorry to hear that, man. You know you can come over to my house whenever and talk it out right?”

Yifan, painfully, hummed in agreement and refused to sit up properly until he could regain feeling from his knee and below. He stayed in his hunched back position, clutching his knee as he heard the other two whispering. As he was about to sit back upright, he noticed he got a text message.

I’m really sorry Yifan! I owe you big time, and am paying for lunch. Please just don’t say anything to Jongin.

Yifan sat up properly and saw the pair of boys smiling and giggling sweetly to each other. He scoffed  as he typed up his reply.

Fine, but only because you guys are so cute.

After some more conversation and after placing their orders, Yifan received another text from Kyungsoo.

 

S̘͓̥͗̄̐ͪ̍ͯ͌̽ͤA͎͖͈̱̼̟̼͇͐̈́̐Y͈̬̪̰͕̠̩͖̏ͤ͋͛́ͫͦ̚̚ ̦͇̝͍̐ͥ͋̚T͇̺͕̫͗̎ͭͯ̎͋̋H̹̙̯̙͓̤͋̈͒ͮͬ̅̄ͅÄ̬̙̰̩͈̯T̞̠̳̦͍̜̙̘̅ͨ͌̎ ̖̻̜ͬ̆͐͌̇ͭÅ̼̮͈̫̙̦̭G̞̣̻̤̈́̅ͩ͂͗ͮĂ̰̮̞̚I͓̭̪͔̦̗͉͛̉ͤ̐N̟̫̮̠̭̜͚͉ͦ͋̚ ̟͓͎ͨ̈́̂ͅÀ̗̠̺̘ͯ̊̏ͧͩͤǸ̤̟͓͍͎͈͍ͩ̒̿ͣͭ̚Ḏ̬̾̋͌͒̂̍ͅ ͉͎̞̣̞̳̭̀̾̋İ̗̹̖̭̎̆ͬ ͍͓͇̝̃͋̃K̗͕̞̫̺͚̗̊̉͌I̹͇̩̔̚C͚̯̘̫̻͖̫ͫ̋͌ͤͩK̟̹̝̟̟͓̤̙̐́͊̚ ̩͇͈̫̌Y̯͍͖͍̻̯̟͓ͮͥ̐O͎̮͔̤ͨ͛ͭ̅Ŭ̝̑͆̑̇ͭ̑ͫ ͎͈̪̯̪̌̇ͬ͛̒ͥỊ̈́͋͆̾ͪͩṈ̩̗̪̝̲̦ͪ̃̒̀ͭͦ ̼̫͎͙́ͨͅT͓̱̩͙ͫ͒͂H͉̙ͯĔ̲̱̻̟̐̚ ͎̯̓ͅB̦̬̖͉̼̮͇̙̝ͤ̾͗͗ͮȂ͔͓͕̭͇̮ͤ͌ͅL̙̋ͧ͆͊̓̽̀L̙̹̖͍̑S̬̮͖̞̲̹̉ͬ ̪̞̬̰̫ͥͮͤͦͬ̒̌̄̑̔.̖̄͒̈͂ʕ͔̺̝̘̙̖̫͊̉̓̐̊͒ͭͅʘ̯̣̞̖̘ͫ̀ͯ̽̊̿̒ͅʘ̯͕̳̫̪͙̂̆ͥ̈́̀̆ʔ̤̈́̅͑̾ͤ̚.̘̹͍̞͖̭͚̞̣̗̱̠̮̗ͥ̏͌͌̽͗͐̿

 

Yifan tried to contain his scream as he saw the satanic text all over his iPhone screen

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he fell on his bed. He was extremely exhausted from work and did not want to move. He will not move. Nothing was worth moving over on this hot summer day. His room was perfectly chilled, thanks to the air conditioning, and Kyungsoo began to shimmy out of his pants lazily. Yes, this was the life. Nothing was greater than not wearing pants. That was until Kyungsoo’s phone beeped. He groaned as he opened the text message.

Hey Soo! I’m kinda in the area and craving those Chinese buns from that food vendor near your house… wanna meet me there? ^_^

Kyungsoo jumped off the bed and quickly ran to his closet for something to wear. He cursed the Gods for ruining his chill day, but simultaneously thanked them for Jongin’s craving for buns. Kyungsoo quickly scanned through his phone, trying to pick someone to accompany him when he thought of the perfect person. His neighbor and one of his best friends, Minseok!

“Yo yo~ what’s up, Soo?” Minseok yawned on the other line.

“Did you just wake up?” Kyungsoo stopped buttoning his collar, wondering why the older male sounded tired at 3PM. “It’s mid-afternoon.”

“I worked late last night, not all of us can have nice 9 to whatever office internships.” Minseok spoke tiredly. Kyungsoo chuckled at his friend on the other line. “So what is it exactly that you want? We haven’t seen each other in a while.”

“I know! Well you know Jongin right?”

“Are you guys officially together now?” The cute older boy asked excitedly, suddenly no longer tired.

“Oh God no… Jongin asked me to go to that food vendor near us and I wanted to know if you wanted to-“ Minseok interrupted the other boy as he gasped dramatically, clearly offended.

“How inconsiderate are you, Kyungsoo?”

“Hyung, I didn’t mean to-“

“You know how the kids used to make fun of me there, how can you possibly want me to return there?! I didn’t stop eating baozi’s because they stopped being delicious…”

“They are really good.” Kyungsoo murmured on the other line, walking out of his room and preparing to leave the house.

“I KNOW THAT KYUNGSOO! SHUT THE UP!!” Kyungsoo stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, hearing his usually chill friend lose his cool… over buns. “Look I’m sorry for getting mad at you, Kyungsoo. Baozi’s are nice and I’m really flattered you’d ask me to crash your lil date with Jongin but… oh someone’s at the door.”

Minseok opened his door and was surprised to see Kyungsoo there. Kyungsoo, wearing a cute blue polo shirt and cargo shorts. Minseok cleared his throat looking straight at the boy across from him, but didn’t hang up his cell phone that was now tucked between his cheek and his shoulder.

“You look like you just walked out of a Hollister store, which is slightly impressive seeing as how that place is darker than your soul. But you still look like a douche.”

Kyungsoo scoffed as he hung up the phone, and watched as his hyung did the same.  “Just come to the Baozi vendor with me please!”

“You’re going to be with Jongin, why do you need me there?

“I don’t want to be alone.” Kyungsoo whined and tried to act cute. Minseok felt like his eyes were now dirty.

“You wouldn’t be alone, I just said you’d be with Jongin and-“

“I can’t be alone with him… I’m boring! I’ll just awkward it all up and make him regret befriending me.” Kyungsoo said as he started yelling and causing their neighborhood to watch the public disturbance from the usually quiet boy and the adorable but handsome older male.

“You are pretty awkward… fine. But if anyone makes fun of me, I leave immediately!” Minseok said, stating his ground rules. Kyungsoo cheered and wrapped his arms around Minseok, hugging the small hyung. “You’re also paying for me.” Minseok quickly shoved Kyungsoo off before the other started crying of happiness and could say no to paying.

But before Minseok could ask when they’d be leaving, Kyungsoo grabbed the older boy’s arm and began dragging him to the street food vendor. Minseok didn’t even realize that he did not get a chance to change, until the ajhumma at the stand laughed.

“Why hello my little, Baozi!! Long time no see. I like your outfit, is that what the younger kids are wearing lately, Jongin?” The older lady then smiled, asking Jongin. The other boy began laughing manically .seeing Minseok. It’s not that the outfit was horrendous. It was just obvious that though a light tank top would make sense in this weather, the long flannel pajama pants however, were definitely not outdoors wear.

“Hello Minseok hyung! What brings our ‘Baozi’ to the baozi stand?” The owner and Kyungsoo giggled at Jongin’s greeting but quickly decided not to. Minseok is innocent, but only from the neck up. It was obvious that Minseok had been working out, after seeing his arms from that tank top, and the outline of abs underneath. He would probably be able to take both Jongin and Kyungsoo down if another bun reference ‘rises’ up.

 “My sister kicked me out of the house for annoying her this morning, and no one is home. Thus I am here and in my pajamas, thank you for asking.” Everyone looked at Minseok shocked, specifically Kyungsoo. He was surprised that Minseok had lied so quickly and effortlessly for the younger boy. “That jokes gotten really old too.”

“Yuuuuup.” Kyungsoo agreed slowly. “So I saw him locked out and invited him along. I hope you don’t mind, Jongin.”

Kyungsoo pouted slightly and immediately Jongin rushed over to tell the boy it was fine. Minseok rolled his eyes seeing how whipped Kyungsoo and Jongin really were, for a couple that was not even together.

“Seriously though ahjumma, I don’t even look like a baozi anymore! I have abs now. Like, have you checked out these guns?!” Minseok said grumpily, showing his muscular arms. The older lady laughed sweetly as she shook her head and gave Minseok several buns.

“Is Oppa going to get all of the buns because he looks like a bun?!” A cute little girl asked and everyone laughed. Everyone except Minseok, who quietly wept.

“Hyung, save buns for everyone!! It looks like you have some in your cheeks already!!” A boy ran up and hugged Minseok. He quickly retracted the small child off of him, and was offended at the comment. He’s had worse though.

“HEY YOU TWO HOOLIGANS!! Apologize to this boy right now! That’s awfully rude to say even if he looks like a bun!” An older male ran up to the two kids and picked them up

“Boy?” Minseok scoffed at the male across from him. “I’m 24, you look like you’re 18. Thanks for helping me but I’m alright.”

“Twenty… four? I’m twenty-four too. You also look like you’re 18… my name’s Luhan.” Luhan blushed slightly as he let the two kids go and they ran to be cooed at from the bun lady.

“I’m Minseok.” Minseok stretched his hand out to properly greet Luhan. The other male took his hand and shook it. “So, do you always get harassed when you eat here?”

“Every. Single. Time.” Luhan laughed in reply. Minseok thought the other boy was, cute, even if his face looked funny when he laughed. It was still cute.

“So why are you here today?” Luhan asked, buying two baozi’s and handing one to Minseok. The boy blushed and showed him all of the buns that Kyungsoo bought already.“I’m here with my friends actually.” Minseok said, pointing at Kyungsoo and Jongin sharing a bun. Luhan smiled sweetly at the pair , and Minseok swore he  was falling in love.

“That couple? They look really cute together.” Minseok laughed loudly as Luhan watched on embarrassed and confused by the new boy’s laughing. “They’re not a couple… or well. Neither of them will admit they like each other. I just kinda got dragged here.”

“How did that happen?” Luhan questioned, as he bit into the delicious bun. Minseok looked over to his friends and realized that they were long gone in each other’s eyes and conversation. They definitely would not be able to hear anything Minseok says to the handsome boy.

“Well … our friend Baekhyun pooped his pants. That’s not the beginning of this but it’s really important that I mention that.”

 

Jongdae rolled his eyes as he wiped the front counter in the bowling alley. “I don’t know, Kyungsoo. As much as I would finally love to meet your boy toy, I have a date.” Kyungsoo immediately scoffs hearing the elder’s lame excuse. “The you making that sound for?”

“You… you? You, having a date?” Kyungsoo sounds amused as he ponders the idea some more.

“Like you? Kim Jongdae. The guy in front of me right now…?”

“I really do!” Jongdae cut Kyungsoo off, cause it was starting to hurt his feelings. “His name is Joonmyeon. He’s in University, he has his license, and is so ing hot.” Jongdae basically moans and Kyungsoo thinks he should wipe the new drool on the desk up.

“If he didn’t totally sound out of your league.” Kyungsoo smiled sweetly to the other boy. “I’d suggest you marry him.”

Jongdae fake smiles back at Kyungsoo and hears a yell from his shift manager to ‘cut the sass’. Jongdae then rolls his eyes and gets hit with a paper note that reads ‘you’re lucky this isn’t a bowling ball’.

“Look, as much as I want to once again help you-“

“You’ve never helped me ever-“

 “I don’t owe you anything, and I’ve had this date for a while now.” Jongdae finishes. Kyungsoo looks down at the floor, and slowly nods his head in understanding. “I’m really sorry.”

“You should be sorry.” Kyungsoo mutters lowly. Jongdae mouths a ‘what?’ and suddenly all the lights in the bowling alley turn off. Luckily it’s a Sunday, and there’s only one old couple bowling, Kyungsoo, Jongdae, his supervisor and one kitchen worker in the building. Still that doesn’t save Jongdae from the girlish scream he lets out.

When the lights start flickering back on, Jongdae realizes Kyungsoo is not standing in front of the counter, but is now beside him. Jongdae lets out another high pitch scream as he falls to the carpeted floor.

“So, how about we make that blind date, a double date?” Kyungsoo asks, almost menacingly, looking down at Jongdae. The other boy quickly nods and the lanes and ceiling all light up now. “Good.”

As Jongdae stands up, he spots an odd looking Baekhyun running out of the back of the building to the front desk. “Sorry about that, guys!” Baekhyun exhaled, trying to regulate his breathing. ” Weirdest thing just happened. I was in the kitchen and saw that the power wasn’t working, and I guess I accidentally turned off the entire buildings power trying to fix it.”

 “Also, I think I have fifty dollars missing from my wallet. I should probably check the security tapes to see who is responsible for all of this.” Baekhyun ran off back to the kitchen to work as Jongdae turns to face Kyungsoo.

“If you also want everyone to see you pathetically fall and scream to the floor, I suggest not watching those tapes.” Jongdae mutters an ‘okay’. “Don’t look so sad, sushi will be on me!”

-

Joonmyeon was as just as nice in person as he was on the phone. He had no problem with the fact that their sushi lunch would now be a double date. Also, he was even more attractive in person than in his photos. Jongdae really didn’t want to leave Joonmyeon, especially alone with Kyungsoo, but his bladder couldn’t take it.

“I’ll be right back, sorry guys!” Jongdae excused himself to the bathroom, as Joonmyeon watched him leave.

“Here’s your chance to run away.” Joonmyeon laughed at Kyungsoo’s joke, but saw the smaller male wasn’t laughing. “I really am just kidding, Jongdae is a great guy.”

“He really seems like it so far. “ Joonmyeon smiles and blushes a bit. “Are you um, seeing anyone? Are they the person joining us soon?”

“Actually-“

“Joonmyeon hyung?!” Kyungsoo quickly recognizes the voice and whimpers a bit because now his neck hurts and Jongin looks so good. “Your blind date is with, Kyungsoo hyung?!”

“What no! Of course not.” Joonmyeon stutters as he watches an angry Jongin wait for an explanation. “This really isn’t what it looks like.” Kyungsoo says, trying to lighten the situation. He however, feels his heart pang as he sees how sad Jongin’s eyes look.

“Why would you even ask me to come, if you were going to go on a date with my cousin?” Jongin asks bitterly, glaring at the pair in front of him.

“Because I’m the one who’s here on a date with your cousin.  Kyungsoo here, wanted you to join us.” Jongdae states as he returned to their table. “Now why don’t you sit down, stop embarassing yourself, and the rest of us, so we can all have a good laugh over a spicy salmon roll.”

All of Jongin’s anger disappears, and is immediately replaced with shame as he sits down next to Kyungsoo and apologizes immensely.

“So your friend is friends with my cousin?” Joonmyeon whispers to Jongdae, watching Kyungsoo soothe a now sad looking Jongin.

“More than friends if I paid attention to anything Kyungsoo said.” Jongade whispers back and is now thanking the boys across the table for letting him get so close to his cute date. “Which is half the time, but it’s enough.”

“What? If I heard correctly, Jongin told me that the Kyungsoo he was pining for,  had no interest in him.” Jongdae laughs lightly against the other boy’s response and into his ear. “Please, none of this would be happening if Kyungsoo didn’t like Jongin.”

“At least this will make for a great story if we get together.” Joonmyeon smirks as he pretends to look very interested in the menu in front of him.

“It’s gonna be a memorable night regardless.” Jongdae says, pouring himself tea. Joonmyeon laughs in reply and Jongdae is sure that he can do this night, every day for the rest of his life. Well, if you can minus out Kyungsoo and Jongin’s incessant blubbering.

 

 After the awkward beginning, the rest of the night was very pleasant. It seemed that Joonmyeon and Jongdae really hit it off, and were going to go steady. Kyungsoo had a lovely time with Jongin, as he always did.

So when Kyungsoo texted him the next week, he never would have expected such a quick text from Jongin to ask him to go to the park to walk his dog first. Anxiety still ran through Kyungsoo’s veins as he thought about being outside with Jongin. Realistically, Kyungsoo could get over it and just enjoy the nice summer afternoon with his crush and a puppy, but that’s not how anxiety works.

Jongin does NOT like you like that. He just has no one better to hang with. He’s gonna get bored of you in 2 seconds flat.

Kyungsoo groaned as he hit his hands on his head, trying to get rid of the voices. As he said goodbye to his parents and walked to the 7-Eleven, he immediately regretted not calling one of his friends to come with him. He walked in and tried pacing to get his mind off of his insecure thoughts.

You’re not funny, you’re not attractive, and you are pitiful.

The boy ran out of the convenient store, and opted to get some fresh air while waiting for Jongin. However, the slightly familiar scent of was evident in the air. Kyungsoo turned around to see Zhang Yixing. He barely knew the guy, except that Jongin dances with him, and he’s the school’s resident stoner.

“Are you alright? You seem really anxious.” Yixing asked after taking another drag from the cigarette.

“Yeah I’m fine, just really nervous… You know that’s illegal and not good for you right?” Kyungsoo said nervously, stepping away from the older boy in fear that someone would catch them together. “You really shouldn’t smoke that in public.”

“Kyungsoo, right?” Said boy nodded, Yixing slowly stepped closer to Kyungsoo and put the joint in-between the younger boy’s fingers.

“If you want to feel at ease, and experience the real beauty of the world, try this.”

Kyungsoo was frantically screaming in his head. He never ever did well with peer pressure. The only reason he dyed his hair red was because Baekhyun told him too. He only ever touched alcohol because Jongdae ed it into his hands at a party. Now, he was in a 7-Eleven parking lot holding an illegal substance.

 Kyungsoo was slowly becoming the poster child of every parent’s nightmare!

Get rid of it! Now! Before Jongin sees you, or worse the police! Kyungsoo’s mind began screaming again.
Maybe Jongin will think you’re cool if he sees you smoke…Maybe you’ll be more fun to hang around with if you’re high.

Kyungsoo finally took a big breath of air before he took a puff of the cigarette. He quickly coughed out the air and felt he was going to throw up his whole lung. Yixing started patting his back.

“Damn… I didn’t know you’d react like this. I’m sorry, Kyungsoo. Are you okay?” Kyungsoo felt his head hurt as he reassured Yixing that he was fine. He took another puff, and did not cough the second time, or third. As he tried walking a bit, he felts his knees give out. He fell on his and he immediately laughed at the change of the situation. Here he was freaking out about Jongin, and now he was feeling chiller than ice.

Kyungsoo replied as he gave the cigarette back to Yixing.

“Ice. Cool, like ice.”

Yixing laughed softly and Kyungsoo had never noticed how nice the other boy’s smile was on his serene face. Now he knows why Yixing had always looked so damn calm. The two began to laugh hysterically, either from the weed or the odd scenario. Kyungsoo pointed back at the joint in Yixing’s hand, and the other male sat down next to Kyungsoo and gave him the weed.

As Kyungsoo took another drag of the cigarette, feeling himself at an unknown level of relaxation, the sight In front of him made him scream.

“What the , are you doing Kyungsoo?!”

Jongin quickly took the cigarette and threw it on the ground. Yixing and Kyungsoo whimpered watching their source of happiness, lost, between the ground and Jongin’s stomping foot and shoe. Kyungsoo then heard barking and realized Jongin had brought his dog.

“Puppy!!” Kyungsoo cooed and made a grabbing motion. The dog quickly ran over to Kyungsoo and began to lap at the giggling boy’s face. Jongin face palmed himself at the act going on in front of him. Instead of watching the adorable scene unfold, he chose instead to look at Yixing. The older boy was also playing with the puppy until he was picked up by the dog’s owner.

“Why on Earth did you get Kyungsoo high?!” Jongin asked, not letting go of Yixing’s sweater. Yixing had never seen Jongin this mad before, even when the other lost a really important dance competition last year. "Something bad could have happened to Kyungsoo hyung/ What the were you thinking?"

Yixing explained that Kyungsoo looked stressed and took his offer. He apologized and begged for Jongin to let him go. Jongin reluctantly agreed and apologized for the incident.

“Can we go to the park now, Jongin?!” Kyungsoo asked as Yixing walked away without saying goodbye. Jongin shook his head no as he helped Kyungsoo up. The older boy began to cry hysterically as Jongin looked on puzzled.

“Kyungsoo?” Jongin asked. The boy began to wail harder, causing ongoing drivers to slow down and try to watch what was going on. “How about we just go to my house instead? We can play video games and eat junk food.”

Kyungsoo then looked up and met Jongin’s concerned look. Even though his eyes were now puffy and red, with tear stains running along his cheeks, he still looked cute. “I am really hungry, let’s go back into the 7-Eleven!”

 

Jongin, I am so so sorry for my behaviour last night. I do not know what got into me. I’m so lucky to have a friend like you taking care of me. I hope I didn’t do anything embarrassing or anything to make you mad at me.

Jongin….?

Jongiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

pls senpai, forgive me!!

It’s not like Jongin was mad at the elder, on the contrary, he had a lot of fun with him that day. Kyungsoo was quite the character sober, but was even more affectionate while stoned. He even gave Jongin a sloppy kiss to the cheek , which had Jongin’s family giggling for the rest of the night.

The only bad moment was when he tried telling Kyungsoo to stop eating, and the other mistook what Jongin said to mean that he was fat. Besides all of the tears and trying to convince his parents and Kyungsoo’s that their son wasn’t stoned, it was a good time. The only reason he was avoiding the other male now was because, he was confused.

“How many more texts are there, Jongin?” Sehun asked, scrolling through the slightly older boy’s phone. Before Jongin answered, another ping ran through the room.

You’ve missed 39 text messages and 12 phone calls… KIM JONGIN YOU TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHAT I DID TO MAKE YOU SO MAD. I SAID I WAS SORRY!!!

“I guess 40 now?” Jongin wondered and Sehun nodded, impressed. “When are you going to jump on that?”

Jongin froze and was immediately killed in his moment of weakness in online Call of Duty.

“ing idiot” Sehun and an online player yelled at Jongin through his headset. Jongin quickly told the guy off and exited the game. “Excuse me?”

“You want on Do Kyungsoo’s more than a homeless person wants on some apple pie.” Sehun smirked and tossed Jongin his cell phone back to see his last message. Jongin smiled shyly looking at his crush’s text.

“Ya well, at least I didn’t actually act as a homeless person jumping pie when you got super drunk at the last party and basically jumped Baekhyun.”

“DO NOT SPEAK OF THAT MOMENT.” Sehun yelled as he pathetically jumped on Jongin and clasped a hand on his face.

“Shots were fired. I am allowed to shoot back.” Jongin said as a matter of fact.  Sehun muttered something intangible under his breath. “Sorry I can’t hear you when you’re mumbling with that dumb lisp of yours.”

Sehun scoffed and tried to enunciate his next sentence articulately. “At least the boy I like isn’t desperate enough to not hang out with me, that he’d ask anyone to awkwardly third wheel.”

“At least the boy I like didn’t his pants on the city bus!” Jongin screamed in retaliation from the very low blow Sehun just gave him.”I don’t like Baekhyun hyung! I have standards!” The boys angrily glared at each other, and in seconds began to apologize. Jongin laughed at the turn of events, that’s how it’s always been with him and Sehun. They were best friends after all, always have been, always will be. “I think I should tell Kyungsoo hyung that I like him.”

Sehun gave Jongin a look that said he was skeptical. “I’m so tired of not letting him know. He’s so perfect and even if he only likes me as a friend, I can live with it. I just … I’m over it. I want him to myself and It’s time he knows.”

“Really? Even though you know he totally doesn’t like you back?” Sehun gaped, basically ignoring everything else Jongin said. Jongin sighed and nodded his head. He really would understand if Kyungsoo didn’t want to be alone with the other, but not having Kyungsoo know was killing him. “I’ll wait for when the time is right.”

 

The time, apparently, was right now. Jongin didn’t think it would be so soon. But as he decided to reply to his favourite hyung’s texts, the older quickly wanted to make it up to Jongin by treating him to the movies.  Jongin was completely ready for this ‘date’ and he knew exactly who Kyungsoo would ask to crash it.

Park Chanyeol.

Jongin literally cringed as he thought about the tall older boy’s own twitchy eyes, and wide smile.

Chanyeol happened to work at the movie theater and would get tickets for free. Thus, he always asked Kyungsoo to go with him. And why wouldn’t he? Kyungsoo is an angel, who doesn’t like him? And unfortunately for Jongin, Kyungsoo could never say no, because the boy was infatuated with film.

Jongin braced himself as he walked into the cool movie theater doors, looking around for Kyungsoo and the giant. He finally saw him through the small crowd, and saw that the boy was waving enthusiastically. Jongin couldn’t help but smile looking at Kyungsoo. Even in the summer time, he was wearing a large black jacket and resembled a penguin.

As Jongin got out of his trance, he noticed Kyungsoo was running up to him with his arms opened, was Jongin still dreaming or?

“Hey you.” Kyungsoo whispered, as he hugged Jongin tightly. Jongin smiled as he hugged the other boy back. They stayed in the position and quietly laughed as Jongin knew they should have pulled apart, but didn’t. It wasn’t until a rude cough came up, that they boys removed themselves from one another.

“Hey, Chanyeol hyung, what are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked confused. Jongin was confused too, he assumed Kyungsoo would have called the other boy to third wheel the pair, but Chanyeol awkwardly rubbed the nape of his neck, looking away from the two.

“I just finished my shift, and was wondering if I could join you guys? I don’t really have any other plans right now, and I haven’t seen you guys in a while?”

Jongin wanted to scream no, loud enough for everyone in the theater to hear. But, he decided that would probably be rude. Yeah… very rude. He didn’t trust his voice, so he looked over to Kyungsoo to answer Chanyeol. The elder bit his lip in consideration. Jongin was surprised to see that Kyungsoo would actually consider saying no to Chanyeol. “Uhhh, Jongin and I were gonna go see the new Avengers movie, if you wanted to come along… I guess you could? But if you wanted to see something else, we understand.”

“Of course I’d be down to see that!” Chanyeol laughed, his big boisterous laugh ringing a little to loudly, while Kyungsoo chuckled lightly. Jongin was the only one not laughing, but if anyone asked it’s because he kinda wanted to see that new romantic comedy… but that’s only if someone comments on his pissed off face. While Jongin was staring holes into Chanyeol, he completely missed what Kyungsoo said to him. “Can you repeat that, hyung?”

“I asked if you wanted me to get you anything besides popcorn? It’s on me!” Kyungsoo smiled cutely and Jongin smiled, shaking his head no. Kyungsoo nodded and turned around to go to the concession line.

“So are you and Kyungsoo dating yet?” Chanyeol inquired, with no sarcasm behind his voice. Jongin seemed surprised at the tone. “No… we are not.”

“Good.” Chanyeol smirked at the younger boy. And there was Chanyeol’s attitude that Jongin was waiting for. “I don’t want to be a , Jongin.”

“Ah yes, because that would stray from you being your normal self.”

Chanyeol punched the other in the shoulder. “But one of you better confess soon, because I’m tired of watching you guys make googly eyes at each other... It’s starting to get kinda painful.

Jongin never realized how hard it must have been for Chanyeol to see Jongin and Kyungsoo hang out so often. Still, he a boy. So he rolled his eyes at the weird lanky boy, because his love for Kyungsoo was obviously one sided. But maybe he should take it easy on the googly eyes today, knowing Chanyeol was here.

“I’m going to try and confess soon.”

“Really?” Chanyeol questioned and Jongin regrets saying it, because he can hear the pain in the one word. “He’s a special guy. Just, keep treating him right.”

“I’ll treat him like you treat your ferrets.” Chanyeol laughed at the sweetness and sincerity in Jongin’s voice that he couldn’t even get mad that Jongin was making another ferret joke.

As Kyungsoo came back with snacks, and started animatedly talking about how excited he was for the movie, it had never been more obvious to the large giant how perfect Kyungsoo and Jongin were for each other. He didn’t really know what inspired him to tell Jongin to man up, but as sad as he was, he was glad he said it. Chanyeol liked to believe that everyone has one person. Sadly, Kyungsoo’s wasn’t his. He was Jongin’s.

 

This was it. D-day. The day Jongin tells Kyungsoo that he’s basically been in love with the other since he stole his cupcake in the tenth grade.  Kyungsoo had asked Jongin if he had wanted to go bowling and Jongin was ready.

 Kyungsoo had been busy with his job lately and Jongin didn’t even care who would be coming. As long as he still got to spend some alone time with the apple of his eye and finally tell him his true feelings afterewards… if the boy ever gave him the chance too.

“Hey there, breath.” Today, might not be the day with Park Chanyeol here. Well, Chanyeol did want him to confess… it probably wouldn’t be best to do so right in front of him.

Jongin politely high fived the other male as he glanced over at Kyungsoo, who was setting up the names into the screen. All of a sudden Jongin felt a pair of hands on his shoulders. “So we meet again!”

“What the !” Jongin yelled, startled. Jongdae begins laughing maniacally and Joonmyeon tries to apologize on his new boyfriend’s behalf. Jongin’s head was starting to spin as he watched Kyungsoo greet Jongdae and Joonmyeon. Just who did he invite to this bowling date?!

“Ladies and Gentleman. Wu Yifan is here! And y’all know I put the WU in any get together.”  This is some sort of goddamn nightmare, Jongin thinks as he watches Joonmyeon and Yifan excitedly reunite after not seeing each other since the school year ended. He sits down as he watches Jongdae get jealous over the fact Joonmyeon and Yifan are in the same program at school.

“Hey everyone! I’d like to introduce you guys to my friends Luhan and Yixing.” Minseok appears with the guy from the bun stand and Yixing from the dance team. What on Earth was going on? Yifan, Luhan and Yixing excitedly begin chatting in Mandarin, as Jongdae and Minseok goofily try to translate it. Yes, Jongin is for sure dreaming. He can’t understand what any of them are saying.

This has to be a dream, Jongin thinks again as he watches Baekhyun mysteriously come out of the back of the bowling alley. “Why do you look so shocked?” Baekhyun asks a dumbfounded Jongin. “You know I work here?” Jongin does recall that Baekhyun and Jongdae actually work together, but he’s still confused to how everyone is here and how everyone knows each other.

“Earth to Jongin? Wipe that dopey look off your face, and get ready to hide!” Chanyeol comes up besides Baekhyun, and tells him. Baekhyun immediately looks towards the guy with the deep voice and blushes a little. Seriously?

“What?  Why am I hiding?” Jongin asks, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun are already introducing themselves and once either of them starts talking, neither will probably shut up. Jongin knows this from experience. “Guys, what’s going on?”

Jongin watches as everyone starts to hide (not well) behind things in the bowling lane as he spots Kyungsoo texting. ing hell, like he will let this boy invite anyone else.

“Kyungsoo?” Jongin asks as he looks at the concentrated boy. “Kyungsoo!” still, the boy is texting aimlessly as the rest of the guys are still making conversation with one another while ‘hiding’.

“Do Kyungsoo!” Jongin yells loudly, as Kyungsoo makes a hand motion for him to go away. Pissed off, Jongin grabs the phone out of his hands. He checks the phone and see’s that he’s texting Sehun and if he’s 'on his way'.

“You’re kidding me. You’re asking, Sehun? Sehun!?” Jongin asks angrily.

“Of course Sehun is coming, why wouldn’t he-“

“Do you not like me?” Jongin asks frustrated, as he clutches the phone in his hand. “Cause you can just tell me if you don’t.”

Jongin hears several groans behind him and he realizes everyone is paying attention to him and Kyungsoo. “What makes you think that?” Jongin laughs bitterly, and acts as if he’s really pondering the answer.

“Maybe because everyone who’s here with us has had to third, fourth and hey eighth wheel us?! I think you’re either dumb, if you haven’t realized how much I like you, or maybe I’m just the dumb one.” Jongin says as he’s ready to walk away from this mess.

“You are dumb.” Kyungsoo says as he shakes his head in disbelief. “Is that what you call a confession? You, blowing your lid in front of all of our friends? You’re such an idiot.”

“I’m an idiot?!” Jongin scoffs. Jongdae is ready to scream "YES!", but Joonmyeon covers his mouth. Everyone is seriously groaning, watching this awkward confession/ off as Jongin begins to walk face to face with Kyungsoo. The older boy slowly walks back and finds he has hit a high top table. Jongin has him trapped now as he speaks. “You’re really lucky you’re cute, or else I wouldn’t have put up with you for this long.”

“Am I?” Kyungsoo counters Jongin ,as he takes a hold of Jongin’s shirt. Kyungsoo brings Jongin in and their noses are touching, and the younger boy nods yes.

“Well you’re lucky, that I’m dumb too.”

Minseok thinks he’s going to be sick watching them.  Yixing is amused by all of the in the bowling alley, one of the un-iest places in the world. Joonmyeon and Jongdae hold hands in anticipation. Chanyeol sadly, looks away and laughs at Baekhyun gagging. Yifan begans the “OooOoo” chant as Luhan begins to chant “KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS!”

They all wait as Kyungsoo, gently, leans in and presses their lips together. The gang all ‘aw’ in unison. Watching their friends, FINALLY, get together. It’s an innocent, sweet, lip lock … that quickly becomes dirty as Jongin’s tongue goes into the other boy’s mouth. The squad stops ‘aw-ing’ and begin hollering at their friends going bananas all over each other.

“What did I miss while I was gone?” Zitao asks as he and Sehun arrive at lane. Everyone stops watching the Kaisoo couple making out and (wait are they starting to grind?). The couple however, is too distracted to spare Zitao any looks.

Everyone begins clamoring over Zitao’s arrival back home and decide to start the game of bowling, as the whole surprise has been ruined. Sehun and Zitao walk to Jongin and Sehun pokes his shoulder. He quickly shoves his limp noodle of a best friend away. As Sehun topples over, Zitao catches him. Sehun huffs and pulls the two apart.

“Do you want to die?!” Kyungsoo and Jongin ask at the same time. They both look at each other and laugh and Kyungsoo quickly jumps back into Jongin’s arms and kisses him. “Seriously, stop it!” Sehun says as he rips the two apart for the second time.

“I go to pick Zitao up from the airport, and bring him immediately here to the surprise party and I see you two making out?” Sehun questions the couple as they nod.”When did Kyungsoo hyung even like Jongin?”

“Are you kidding?” Jongdae questioned. “It’s been obvious since the day they met. Kyungsoo just happens to get stupider with age, and kept dragging all of our sorry asses to watch these two each other with their eyes.”

The group unanimously agrees as Sehun is still flabbergasted. Zitao pats the boy on the back, and reassures him that he’s not stupid. Kyungsoo and Jongin didn’t’ even know it themselves.

“Wait, so this is all a surprise party for Zitao?” Jongin asks, out of breath. Everyone groans, even Zitao and says yes. Jongin let out a big sigh, feeling confused.

“Don’t be so surprised, Jongin. No one told you because you’re ty at keeping surprises. And everyone here also happens to me MY friend, so you and Sehun can stop catching flies now.” Zitao replies as he gets ready to bowl, as Jongin closes his mouth.

 “Okay, Sehun. Take that jaw off the floor, because that means there’s one less thing for me to clean up. Let’s bowl!” Baekhyun yells and everyone laughs and cheers in agreement, as they start splitting up into teams. Kyungsoo shyly takes Jongin’s and into his own and blushes as Jongin looks at their locked hands. “I guess Kyungsoo and Jongin have to be on the same team, today.” Minseok says. 

-

“It’s Kyungsoo’s turn!” Joonmyeon says as Kyungsoo begins to stand up. However, he’s unable to because someone was still holding on to this waist. Immediately he looks back at Jongin and the younger boy pulls him back on his lap.

“Kyungsoo. Jongin. We are thirteen points behind, I know you guys are all happy about being official… but can you, not?” Jongdae glares at the couple, regretting coming to Zitao’s surprise/welcome back party now. Joonmyeon pats his boyfriend on the back, knowing he is very competitive.

Kyungsoo pries the other boy’s arms off and watches Jongin pout. “I’m going to be back soon, okay?” Kyungsoo says as he sneaks a small peck on his new boyfriend’s cheek. It’s only been an hour but he will never get tired of finally being able to kiss Jongin whenever he wanted.

“YOU’RE GOING TO THROW A BALL AT SOME PINS. NOT OFF TO WAR! ING STOP CRYING, JONGIN.” The group laughs at Baekhyun’s comment and Chanyeol requests a high five and Baekhyun returns it energetically.

“I hate you both.” Jongin fake cries into Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “Never leave me, hyung.” Jongin whispers into Kyungsoo’s ear.

“I wouldn’t dream of it.” Kyungsoo whispers back and Baekhyun literally throws up on Chanyeol’s bowling shoes, as he had too much ice cream cake.

“You know you’re lactose intolerant.”

“LIKE I NEED YOU TO REMIND ME, KYUNGSOO!”

 

Kyungsoo was just about to go out, but as he was leaving, someone was already at the door.

“Hey babe, where are you going? We can just hang out here.”  Jongin said as he walks past Kyungsoo and into the living room. Jongin has always been welcome over and now that he was officially dating Kyungsoo, it was like he lived here too.

“I was actually gonna go out right now.” Kyungsoo says awkwardly. “...Baby?” Jongin’s frown immediately goes away with the use of the pet name.

“Its date night. “ Jongin says, a bit miffed. “What’s more important than spending time with me?” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, challenging Jongin. The other boy quickly raised his hands up in surrender.  He quickly kissed Kyungsoo on the lips and murmured an apology. “You know I’m just kidding, but where were you going?”

“Sorry I forgot we were hanging today… Chanyeol asked me to hangout.” Kyungsoo said as he briefly sits next to Jongin on the couch.

“Chanyeol?” Jongin asks, and Kyungsoo nods. “Cool.”

“Cool?”

“Cool.” Jongin says again, pretending not to be a little butthurt. “I guess I’ll just go hang in your room and play with your cat as you cheat on me.”

“I’m not cheating on you.” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “If you really want to come, I’m sure Chanyeol wouldn’t mind. Baekhyun especially wouldn’t mind.”

“Wait, Baekhyun is there too?” Jongin asks, a bit confused. “Yeah, Chanyeol asked me if I would like to join Baekhyun and him for a movie.”

“Funny, I just went with them mini-golfing last week.” Jongin said as he begins playing with Kyungsoo’s hand. A couple of days ago, Baekhyun asked Jongin if he wanted to go play mini-putt. Kyungsoo was at work so Jongin was quick to go, and was more than surprised to see Chanyeol there too.

Jongin and Kyungsoo continue holding hands in silence, thinking. “You don’t think that?” Kyungsoo ponders and looks over to Jongin. The other boy opens his mouth, and then shrugs. “I mean, it’s not that crazy right? They only met last month and they both probably need an excuse to see each other.”

“And what better way to see each other, than to invite the couple that caused them to meet?” Kyungsoo continues and Jongin nods in agreement. “Wow, they’ve got the perfect excuse. I had to go through limbs to come up with excuses to hang out with you.”

“You never needed an excuse or someone to be there. I just wanted to be with you.” Jongin says sincerely and Kyungsoo has the biggest urge to kiss those perfect lips.

“Well then, will you accompany me to the movies with Chanyeol and Baekhyun? I kinda owe them for coming on all of our dates with us.”

“In reality, I owe them nothing then.” Jongin says jokingly. Kyungsoo laughs and quickly pecks Jongin’s temple, knowing if he kissed the boy anywhere else, they wouldn’t make it to the movie on time. Jongin begrudgingly gets up from the comfy sofa and extends and arm for Kyungsoo to take.

“Let’s go. Maybe being the third and fourth wheel won’t be as bad as being third wheel’d.”


A/N: this is 8000+ words of crack and stupid and lame and if you made it this far, good on you bro! Thank you so much for reading and thank you to kyungharem  for giving me the motivation and making me start this fic ten million years ago.