My Little Family

My Little Family - Joowon

Balancing the laundry basket on your hip, you meandered from the laundry room to your little boy, Leon, room. Pushing the white door open a little more, you slipped into his bedroom, setting the basket on his bed, your eyes quickly scanned his room to find him lying on his stomach playing with his trains on the wooden track that you had gotten him for Christmas a few years ago.

“What adventure are you having today, Leon?” You questioned your son while you began to put away his clothes.

“I was going to explore with Thomas, but he wasn’t feeling very good so we had to go to the mechanic” Leon tilted his head from side to side as he talked, spinning the wheels on Thomas’ base.

“Has the mechanic found out what is making Thomas sick?” You inquired while putting some more of his clothes in their proper place.

“Not yet... I think Daddy may have to find out what is making him sick” Leon kicked his legs back and forth while his little head rested in the palm of his hand.

“I am sure Daddy wouldn’t mind looking over another patient” You smiled knowing how much Joowon loved helping other especially when it came to Leon.

“Do you need some help, Mommy?” Leon sat up and walked over to the bed as he began handing you the clothing that was neatly folded on one another.

“Thank you, Leo” You ruffled his hair affectionately as the two of you put away his laundry in no time.

“What are we going to do now?” Leon placed the basket back in its spot, in the corner of his closet before closing the sliding doors.

“I thought we could watch a movie until Daddy comes home” You held his bedroom door open for him while you watched his reaction.

“Really?!” Leon beamed; his eyes grew with excitement while he bounced up and down on his little legs. “Do I get to choose the movie?”

“Always, why don’t you go get into your pajamas and then I will set up your bean back and pull out some movies?” You smiled at him, nodding his head frantically, the hairs on his head bounced up and down with each nod of his head.

“I’ll be Lightning quick! Kachow!” Leon smiled before closing the door so he could change. Shaking your head lightly from side to side, you just smiled at how much your son reminded you of your husband.

Shuffling into the living room, you pulled his racing striped bean bag in front of the coffee table and placed a pillow on the bag along with his favorite blanket. Twisting down the blinds, you some lamps for light while you waited for you boy to be ready for the movie. Thinking that Leon would like some popcorn, your even strides carried you into the kitchen, grabbing a popcorn bag from the pantry, you placed it inside the microwave and punched the timer numbers before pressing start so the popcorn could cook.

“Zooooooooooom!” Leon burst out of his bedroom and ran into the living room, turning your head around; you smiled seeing him hold his Thomas train in one hand then his teddy bear under his other arm.


“Would my little racecar like some chocolate milk with his popcorn?” You cooed from the kitchen, pulling out a blue bowl for him, you heard the pounding of his feet stop for a moment or two before the thundering noise of his two feet quickly approached you.

Something grabbed your lower leg as you just looked down to see what grabbed you, your son’s big brown eyes stared up at you as his precious smile spread on his lips.

“Mommy you are too much” He hugged your legs tighter, not being able to take it anymore; you leaned down and picked Leon up in your arms.

Slowly, his arms s around your neck, resting his head on your shoulder his small body eventually relaxed against yours. Rocking him from side to side, your hand traveled up and down his back in soothing motions.

“You are the best” He lifted his head to whisper against your cheek, placing a kiss there shortly after. A beep sounded from the microwave causing both of your heads to turn.

“Why don’t you go choose the movie, I will get your popcorn ready and meet you over there, okay?” You kissed his cheek in return before setting him on the ground.

Staying put for just a moment, you gazed down at him, his brown eyes looked at your slightly extended stomach. Raising his small hand upwards, he placed his hand gently on your stomach, patting it ever so softly.

“We have the best Mommy and Daddy in the world, Kate” He remarked before retracting his hand, kissing his fingers, he pressed his hand back onto your stomach.

“Is the baby’s name, Kate now?” You probed before you knelt down in front of your son.

“I like the name” He shifted his shoulders slightly while his eyes dropped to his train pajamas

“I like the name too” You leaned in and pressed a soft kiss on his cheek. “Go get in your spot, Kate and I will be over in a moment.”

“Okay~” He sang before trotting over to the living room, kneeling on his hands and knees, he carefully looked through the movies until he pulled one that he would like to watch.

Pouring the popcorn into a blue bowl for him, you left the rest of the popcorn on the counter then strolled into the living room.

“I want to watch Cars, please” He handed the DVD up to you as you traded him and handed his popcorn down to him.

Popping in the movie, you made sure Leon was comfy and cozy in his beanbag before you turned off all of the lights except a few to keep the lighting dim. Settling yourself on the couch, your hand gently traveled over your stomach thinking of the little one inside of you. A few minutes after the movie had started, the door quietly opened, your head spun around to see your husband, Joowon, slipping off his shoes.

“Are we having a movie night?” Joowon whispered softly while he sat next to you on the couch.

“We are” You whispered back, Leon sat up a little as he grabbed his Thomas and stood up, walking over to his dad, he placed his small hand on his father’s leg.

“Thomas is sick Daddy, can you fix him?” Leon whispered ever so softly, his eyes filled with worry as Joowon leaned forward and kissed Leon’s head.

“I would love to fix him, what seems to be wrong?” Joowon questioned lovingly while carefully taking Thomas from Leon’s hand.

“He was sick earlier today so we couldn’t go exploring” Leon replied sadly

“I am sure he was tired from yesterday’s adventure” Joowon smiled and brought Thomas up to his ear. Moving Thomas slightly, he nodded his head understanding what the engine was saying.

“Ah really? Is that so?” Joowon hummed as Leon gripped his dad’s scrub pants tightly. “Did you want to help me heal Thomas?”

“Sure!” Leon beamed, jumping up and down beside his dad.

“Alright, so close your eyes and wish for him to get better, once you are done, go ahead and kiss his cheek then open your eyes” Joowon leaned forward as Leon nodded and followed his father’s spell.

Leon leaned forward and kissed Thomas’ cheek before he opened his eyes. “Did it work?”

“Why don’t you find out?” Joowon leaned over and kissed Leon’s cheek while handing Thomas back to him.

Rolling Thomas across the surface of the coffee table, Leon beamed happily once he pushed Thomas and he rolled all the way across the top.

“You fixed him!” Leon jumped around, “Thank you Daddy! You are the awesome!” Gathering his Thomas in his hands, he settled back into his beanbag as his attention quickly turned back to the movie.

“You are welcome” Joowon whispered back before leaning back into the couch, turning his attention to you, he pressed his lips against your temple.

“How was your day at the hospital?” You cooed, shifting your eyes over to his beautiful brown eyes.

“It was good, the patients were all fairly easy today and we got a new intern today, he looks quite promising too” Joowon replied letting his arm wrap around your shoulders. “How was your day?”

“Nice~ Leon helped with the chores and we finished all the laundry today, Thomas got sick but then you fixed him and Leon came up with a name for the baby” Dropping your eyes to your stomach, you watched Joowon’s hand gently rest on your balloon belly.

“What name did he like?” He whispered, resting his head against yours.

“Kate” You sang softly, “I quite like the name myself. Since we know it is a girl and all.”

“Kate,,, Kate…” Joowon repeated a few times, “I like it too, it is very cute”

The movie continued to play as the three of you watched the movie happily, leaning against your husbands’ shoulder a little, your eyes began to drop feeling yourself becoming tired more easily nowadays. Taking Joowon’s hand into yours, he smiled and pressed a kiss on the top of your head, reclining a little, he adjusted himself slightly to make you more comfortable while his hands slowly rubbed your back.

Soft purrs spilled from your lips at his heavenly hands, petting your hair slowly, he tried to help you relax all he could. Shifting his attention from you to the rolling credits, he leaned over and reached for the remote. Shutting the movie off, he carefully moved out from under your sleeping figure. Making sure that you were comfy, he kissed your cheek softly then headed to his sleeping son all cozy in his bean bag.

“Let’s get you to bed, Leo” Joowon whispered, lifting up his son, he rested Leo’s head on his shoulder while he gathered his blankets and toys in his other arm before shuffling back to his bedroom.

“Daddy?” Leon mumbled softly

“Yes bud?” Joowon cooed while pushing the door open to his room.

“I love you” Leon nuzzled his head against his father’s shoulder. Dropping the things on his bed, he eased his son down between the covers.

“I love you too, Leo” Pressing his lips against his son’s forehead, he smiled and pet his hair for a moment or two making sure he was fast asleep before he left the room.

Twisting the handle slowly, he quietly closed the door behind him as Joowon made his way back to you. Kneeling down beside the couch, he pushed some hair behind your ear, his eyes scanned up and down your body, debating if he should wake you up or not. Slipping his arms under you, he lifted you up into his arms with ease, snaking your arms around his shoulders, your head lulled against his shoulder while he carried you to the bedroom.

Slipping you underneath the covers, he pulled the covers up on you and kissed your lips ever so softly.

“How do you look so beautiful?” He whispered, sitting on the edge of your side of the bed as he gazed at your motherly glow.

Standing up, a few minutes later, he changed from his work scrubs to some boxers and an ill-fitting tank top. Walking the house, he locked the doors and windows, turned off all of the lights and cleaned up what he could before returning to you. Passing through the door, he stopped seeing the moonlight spill onto the bed, highlighting the edges and curves of your body. A feeling of happiness overwhelmed him, taking in this beautiful moment, he padded over to his side of the bed and slid in next to you.

Slipping his arms around you slowly, he pulled your body closer to his, your back tightly pressed against his chest; a hum came from your lips while his hand felt yours slid over top. Pressing some sweet yet soft kisses along your skin of your neck, he rested his head against your shoulder before falling fast asleep being happier than he ever thought he could be because of you and his little family.