The game is on

The Hurtful Truth

          It's 6 o'clock but the sky was darker than any other day , so does my heart . Rain fell on top of me but I didn't bother to take an umbrella . I'm standing in front of my parents grave . They passed away yesterday by a car crash and I know who's behind this .

          People came to tell me that I should take a few days of from work to settle down but I don't feel like it . I thanked them and they left , leaving me and my brother behind . 

          He tapped me on the shoulder and led me back to the taxi . I couldn't even blink . On the way back , I called my assistant '' Hello , it's me Seulgi . Tell boss that I quit but not because of him nor the company '' I hung up before she could say a word . 

          " What was that for ? '' Baekyun , my brother , looked surprised .

         '' I ... uh ... I want to change my work place , you know . It's just that ... Dad always wanted me to work at that tall building hospital in the center of the city and ... ''I couldn't say more or else tears will come out . '' I get it " he said silently . That was actually a lie .

          Silence roamed the entire house as we got back . I couldn't bare to stay here so I'll go and get an interview . I dressed casually with my hair pinned up and wear my mom's necklace that she gave me on my birthday last year . It has a locket , a picture of me , my brother and my parents .

          Got a cab and rode to the hospital for about 20mn . It's 7pm and people were still going through the building like crazy because it is opened 24/day . I walked passed the auto door then went to the cashier .

          " Excuse me , I'm here to get an interview for a job " I said to a girl about my age at the counter .

          " Yes , please take a seat , our boss will see you in 15mn " she said pointing at the sofa . 

         I sat down quickly . I know who the boss is and I am also wanting to see him . " Seulgi ? " a voice came from my left . His voice sounded familiar .

          " Lay ! What are you doing here  ? "

          " Hey ! That was my line . Well , I work here duh ... "

          " I'm here for an interview " 

          " That's surprising , you'll love it here "

          Lay being here was not a good news . I smile then sat back down . He sat right next to me then asked " What brings you here ? "

          " You haven't heard ? " I asked looking at the floor . He shook his head . 

          " My parents passed away and I just ... " Words caught up in my throat .

          " I didn't mean ... " he looked worried .

          " I know " 

          The girl earlier approached us " Miss , he's ready to meet you " I followed her to the fifth floor and we stopped in front of a door that says OFFICE . I opened the door and found a young well looking man at the table . 

          He stood up to greed me and I did the same thing . I sat right in front of him . 

          " What's your name ? " he said without looking at me .

          " Seu ... Seulgi " I forced my words out as they wouldn't come out themselves .

          " Seulgi , have you ever had a job ? "

          " Yes , I was a nurse ... before my parents passed away " I'm waiting to see his reaction .

          " Oh , I'm sorry to hear that " he said with the same boring look . He knew my parents but I don't think he knew who I was .

          " I use to work at the KII hospital " I was lying to him so I could have this job .

          A few hours later , he kept asking without taking a peek at me and finally , I've finished . He got up and shook my hand . That's when he looked at me and seemed surprised . I don't know if he knew what I was planing to do but he stared at me for so long it was getting awkward , so I turned away .

            He cleared his throat and said to me " We're having a party tonight at the blue bar . You can come if you want " .

          " I'd love to " I said goodbye and walked out the door and I know that he was still staring at me when I left .

          Yes ! Everything is going according to plan but there's still one thing I'm worried about , is dragging Lay into this . I know him , he would always be by my side and the only way for him not to involve is to not let him know .

          I  went home and changed my outfit . My wardrobe is filled with clothes but I can't find the one that suits tonight then I found it , a red dress , not too long but not too short , plain but nice . 

          My brother insisted to take me there but I told him I was going with Lay .

         * ring *

          " hello ? "

          " Hey , it's me Seulgi . Could you pick me up ? I'm going to the party with you "

          " Sure I'll be there in 5mn "

          " ok , bye "

          Lay kept his words and came at the exact time . I got in and we drove off . I don't have anything to talk about , so the car was getting quiet . I reached for the DVD button . A song came on , it was our fav when we were young .

          " Do you remember this song ? " He asked .

          " Yeah ... We were kids back then " My voice trailed away .    

          We arrived and this place was more crowded than I thought . A guy with tattoes on his right arm was standing at the door with a guest list . People were lining up but Lay just walked up to him .

          " name ? "

          " Lay and this is Seulgi " he pointed at me right next to him .

          " Ok , you guys can go " we walked passed the people in rows and they were screaming and yelling . All I heard was " I was here first ! Why let them in ? " I saw some of the workers from the hospital and there was no sign of him yet , Kris . We sat down on the high chairs facing the cocktail counter . They all seemed bored because there was no one working at the cocktail place yet , maybe I'll lighten things up a bit . 

          I got up and walked into the counter facing Lay . 

          " What would you like today , good sir ? "

          " One blue Makarita please "

          " One blue Makarita coming right up " I grabbed a metal cup and put in some wine . Closed the lid and shook it , through it up and caught it behind my back . I could see the surprising look on everyone's face . Grabbed a wine glass , put some lime juice at the mouth of it and dipped it in some salt . The lime helps to hold the salt at the edge so it will stick . Poured the wine from over my head into the glass and put it in front of Lay .

          " Where did you learn how to do that ? It tastes better than any other places I've tried " he took a few sips .

          I smiled a bit . After a few more minutes , a guy with tux walked in , Kris . His heart isn't as nice as his look . We chat and laughed then when everyone left except me Kris and Lay , I told Lay to go home , I'll take a cab back , so he left . 

          I pretended to be drunk .

          " Oh ... Kris , I want to hug you so much ... "

           I reached my arms out but he pointed his finger on my forehead . '' You're drunk '' He said to me with the same look as  my interview .

          '' Tell me , do you have a girlfriend ? '' I asked playfully .

          '' No " he took a sip from his cup .

          '' Do you have someone in mind ? '' I put my head on his shoulder .

          '' No '' He pushed my head away .

          '' Then , do you wanna go out with me ? '' I raised my eyebrow .

          '' No " He said with the same tone . I have to use plan B . I balled up my hands and put it on my eyes then cried . He took a quick look at me and turned back . I cried harder which caught people's attention . He quickly got up and pulled me behind him '' I'm taking you home '' .

          I sat at the front seat next to him . I giggled crazily and said '' I'm crazy , aren't I ? '' I saw him grinned a bit . He drove carefully like my dad ... but that was the reason for his death !

          On the way , I sing like a five year old kid . He didn't really notice me much and then we stopped . I looked out the window , '' This isn't my house '' I said smiling .

         '' Ofcourse not , how could you tell me your address when being drunk '' He pulled the lever to park .

         '' I do know where my house is , in WONDERLAND ! '' I said out loud .

         '' You'll be staying at my apartment for tonight untill you get back to your old self tomorrow '' He unlocked the door .

          '' Yipi ! '' I skipped happily behind him . We went upstairs . The living room was welled organised and the air smelled line pine wood . Not a single shadow here , he lives alone ? He pointed towards a door '' That's your bedroom for tonight '' .

          '' Where will you be sleeping ? '' I asked .

         '' On the couch and tell me if you need anything ''

         '' Mmm ... I need only one thing ... '' I lean close to his face . He smelled sweet and sweat . I stole a kiss on his cheek and walked away .

         " Goodnight " I closed the door behind me . I saw that awkward look on his face , looks like plan b never fails .