1/1

Thank you for being born
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clock says nine thirty but Jung Taekwoon, Lee Hongbin’s boyfriend, isn’t here. It was Hongbin’s birthday today and his friends successfully made a surprise party for him. The lights are dim, there’s loud party music booming from the speakers, and there is plenty of food and presents laid on separate tables. But the person Hongbin wants to be there at that time wasn’t in sight.

                                                                 

“He probably was just caught in traffic.” Ravi excused. What a lie. Hongbin thought to himself. There was certainly no heavy traffic that night.

“Maybe he genuinely forgot!” Jaehwan added rather too cheerfully, gaining a kick to the shin from Sanghyuk.

“Gee, thanks hyung. That cheered me up.” Hongbin rolled his eyes and frowned, his shoulders sagging as he sulked.

“Yah. It’s your birthday. Try to at least enjoy, yes?” Hakyeon nudged Honbin, but only earning a grunt as a reply. “Come on! Let’s dance and eat! And maybe get Hongbin pissed drunk!” Even though Hongbin’s alcohol tolerance is beyond ours combined altogether. Hakyeon muttered almost incoherently, pulling up Hongbin towards the dance floor, the others following suit behind them.

 

It was true, though. There were times when all six of them will go out and drink, same numbers of bottles and shots, but Hongbin doesn’t waver. His hyungs and Hyuk would be passed out drunk and Hongbin carries or rather drag their asses out of the bar. With the help of his boyfriend of course, who’s always considerate and stops whenever he feels like he can’t take more.

 

“Ah, hyung! I really don’t want to dance anymore! I’ll go try and make myself drunk on the couch over there.” Hongbin pointed to a far away couch. Hakyeon had successfully distracted Hongbin, but only to a limited time. Two hours of dancing is not too much, though. It was just an excuse to have some time alone and sulk. It’s eleven thirty two, still no sign of Taekwoon. Maybe he really forgot? Hongbin bitterly thinks.

 

Just then, the lights suddenly turned all the way off. Hongbin panicked and stood from his seat, but he soon saw a faint flicker of light from his right. A large birthday cake was being strolled towards him with his four close friends and other friends singing the birthday song.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, happy birthday! Happy birthday our dear Hongbin!” Everyone sang in sync, not in tune but it made Hongbin smile.

 

When Hongbin took a step towards the cake, a song suddenly started playing and the lights went up again, still dim, but everything can now be seen. Everything including a Jung Taekwoon holding a microphone. Hongbin couldn’t hold back his tears and cupped his quivering lips, hiding them from everyone. He couldn’t move from his spot but Taekwoon is getting nearer and nearer, it was his boyfriend who’s taking the initiative to walk towards him.

 

“You probably hated me all day, you still don’t know me, stupid,” Taekwoon started singing, his soft and light voice clearly heard as everyone kept quiet and watched the scene before them. Taekwoon took another step forward.

“Your birthday comes only once a year, how could I forget?

I’m sorry I couldn’t express my heart for all this time, I guess I was too shy to say I love you, will you close your eyes?”

Taekwoon is now in front of the still crying and speechless Hongbin. Hongbin’s form is shaking as he holds his emotions in tact as his lover’s hand makes its way to hold the tear stained cheek. Inwardly hoping that those are tears of happiness, because in all honesty, he wasn’t fond of Hongbin crying in any reason there is.

“Congratulations, happy birthday to my love,

Even ten years, it’ll be like only one day has passed,<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter