1 . 1

second chance.

Is it a day or two passed, or maybe the whole month already passed, leo lost count.
Is it a day or two passed, or maybe it’s been years passed since taekwoon lost count.

It was because of his recklessness, she left him.
It was because of his stupidity, the love of his love gone.

 

***



Leo and taekwoon are twins, with different personas, taekwoon is older and wiser, while leo is younger and reckless.


Leo will do anything so someone he likes, will like him back.
Taekwoon will do anything to make the ones he loves, happy.


But in the end, both suffer.
Because the precious person taekwoon treasure so much, and the person leo likes so much. Is a same girl.


Same girl.
She’s leo arch enemy.
She’s taekwoon’s bestfriend.


Leo thought that he hates her, he thought that he doesn’t like her because his big brother spent more time with her than him. While taekwoon can read that leo is actually jealous of him, be friend, and actually bestfriends with her.


Taekwoon know leo likes her.
Leo is oblivous.
But, taekwoon thought that he should back off and support his brother.

 
“You’re only putting her in danger! She’s mortal leo! If you really like her, mate her! And make her one of our kind!! Immortal and mortal are never meant together as it is!” taekwoon smiles a sad smile, reading the novel she likes the most, he thinks that maybe the start of their sad life, looking at this moment where he and his twin brother giving each other cold shoulder since then, and she’s not around being being a sassy-naggy around him.


“are you crazy? Me and that mortal and worthless human? And who says I like her? Oh yeah I ed her last night………… but you know what? She thought it was you, she cried… probably she don’t want to talk to you anymore” leo sit alone on his bed playing with a broken ragdoll that used to be so white and cute, even she always said that doll is a model of voodoo doll that she made. Ah, she loves dolls… leo smiles to the memory. But then his smile flatten, remembering his words that he spit right on his brother’s face and his brother’s expression years ago… hunderds years ago.

 



***
 

 


“………………. W-what are you guys?”

“.........”

“hyukkie list—” taekwoon reaching for the girl’s hand but the girl dodge it.

“NO! DON’T TOUCH ME!...”


Leo sighs and mumbles a sorry before looking around again, making sure that they’re safe before looking back at the white, sleeping dress.


“we’re different, hyukkie… we’re—”
“we’re vampire, for simple” taekwoon really want to kill his twin on the spot because of his mouth, and the scared look of hyuk is unbearable.
“WHAT?!”
“sorry, hyuk… for hiding this from you but we thought that this is the best—”
“I THOUGHT WE’RE BEST FRIEND TAEKWOON!”
“I know I know this is ed up! I know you will freaked out if you know so… I hid it!”
“oh my god… what the hell is happening here? And what the hell is actually going on? Am I dreaming? You… and your annoying big dummy brother are vampire? The thing that going around blood for living? Immortal and s? Afraid of the sun and all?”
“…… we’re not afraid of the sun… hyukkie”

taekwoon finds the girl’s blabber funny even they’re in this kind of situation.

“but! Still why can’t you guys be honest and say it in front of my face!! Maybe this.. this abduction by those puppies—”
“werewolves?”
“shut up leo… —Wont happened! And why the hell are you guyys………” hyuk paused and look from leo to taekwoon back to leo and her expression darken.


“hey chill , Now stop being a whinny and—”

SLAP

“it was you… wasn’t it? The one, who’s… that night…” hyuk glared at leo with disgusted and upset look, and for leo’s surprised he feels…………sad? Was, hyuk really hoped it was taekwoon?...


but when leo opened his mouth to say something the warehouse’s lights went out and in a blink something big flashed in front of the twins, and the last thing they heard was hyuk’s scream and a cracking skull.




Taekwoon wakes up to a scream of the girl he loved— no he loves, meaning that he’s still can hear hyuk scream clearly, even in his dream, even years passed.


Leo wakes up to a nightmare where he can clearly see the disgusted and upset look of the girl he— the girl he once love, and he knows it will haunt him for the rest of his immortallity.

 

 


***

 



another work day, this time leo accepted to works as a soccer coach in the University of Arts Seoul, while taekwoon just accepted to work in the café near the campus.

And it’s kinda surprise for taekwoon to see leo walked into the café and want to talk to him.


“it’s… been a whi—I mean years since we talk, right?” leo start, looking down to the mini croissants and his mochacinno.
“it is, 300 and something I guess?… so what do you want?” taekwoon asked, folding his hand, and lean back to the seat.


Leo is bit taken a back of this attitude of his brother he used to be so caring, warm and full of love despite his poker face, but now it feels like he’s so cold distant, and he know he can’t ask taekwoon why he changed.


“I want to… you know… apologize, or yeah, kinda…”


taekwoon chuckles and shakes his head “the café is closing up, go home you’re tired…” taekwoon stands up and turn around to leave but leo is presistent, he stands up and grab his older brother’s hands.

“HYUNG!... listen to me!”


like as a cue, the café’s bell ring a ding, and a group of laughing girl entered the café walking towards their sitting friends and sit there talking, and the feeling of 300 something years ago where he first saw his beloved hyuk hits him again. One of the girl, looked really like her, talks like her, laugh like here, and face showing a lot of expression, just like how his hyuk was. Just this girl dyed her hair dark purple and his hyuk hair was natural black.


“that’s… why hyung… I-I want you to be happy… she’s her reincarnation hyung, believe me, all this time I counted and researched about reincarnation… you guys, are meant to be, it written on one of grandma’s book… ‘someone who’s fated to be with you will showed up to you everytime they reincarnate’ it’s her 8th reincarantion hyung, back then everytime I want you to meet her, you decided to move cities even countries… and this time I don’t want it to slipped…”

taekwoon sighed and rolled his eyes. “how can you so sure that, that purple head is mine?”

leo let out a little laugh and shakes his head. “it’s always you who fall in love on the first sight right? And I always was the ruiner… and I bet you feel it when you saw her just now” leo said smiling sadly. “now, it looks like she gonna order something!!! Go barista go!” he whispered and push taekwoon back, behind the cashier as the purple head looking up at the menu board behind taekwoon.


“h-hello, what… would you like?” taekwoon asked shyly.
“oh, hi… umm, greentea latte would be nice, I think?” the girl said smiling.
“y-yeah…. It’s favorite here”
“okay then, greentea latte and 1 carrot cake please…” the girl said politely, smiling at the barista. But taekwoon is sure that the girl is observing him.
“okay… wait for a moment… what’s your name miss?” taekwoon asked, smiling a little, making the girl blinks. Because taekwoon looks just so………… charming?

“um… your name miss?” taekwoon asked again hands still holding a cup and a spidol.

“oh!... um.. sanghyuk, han sanghyuk… I know it’s like a guys name, my parents didn’t expect a baby girl so he named me sanghyuk… it’s sanghyuk, a little boyish… right?” sanghyuk blabber and mentally facepalmed for her weirdness, why does she need to be so… nervous all of the sudden.

Taekwoon shakes his head and wrote her name on the cup, smiling “no, it’s perfect, completely lovely…” He said, putting the cup aside in the angle where sanghyuk can see him putting a little heart beside her name, and turn his back to do his job, making a greentea latte for the girl..

But then..

“um… sorry, but………” sanghyuk opens his mouth.
“yes?” taekwoon asked, not moving.

“perhaps… do we…… do we know each other? Or do we ever met somewhere?”




and then taekwoon heart flutters.











“take care of her… hyung…” leo smiled and turned around, ready to leave because he don’t want to have another heartbreak after trying to heal for 300 something years, but he turned around just to bumped into someone. A girl with tan skin and… silvery hair??

“heeyyy!! Watch out!!! You— adorable rascal…… I MEAN!!! ANNOYING GUY!”

and what leo recieves is a neck chop.


“the ?!” leo grunts and sit back on his chair and he can hear a scream behind him, screeching that will make everyone in the café deaf.


“KYAAAAA WHY ARE THERE TWO OF THIS ANNOYING GUY!!!!”
“HaYeon!!! Don’t be rude!”
“BUT HE WAS TH— oh, you got a twin?”
“hayeon you’re……………”






“hayeon huh?” leo laughs a little and shakes his head. and leo thinks it'll be a nice years ahead..










Author notes :
I was…. Bored, their hair based on “I’m ready to get hurt / on and on” era.
You know what I mean B3