FINAL

How Do We keep Our Love Alive?
Please log in to read the full chapter

you and your friend jinrei are just finished your late night trip, You we're just celebrating because you and your Fiancee, Oh sehun are going to be married next week...


[A/n: Jinrei yoshikuni = Me ^_^]


walking back to yor respective cars, until you spotted Luhan. he's drunk so you decided to walk him home because his apartment are near the place


You had his arm over your shoulders, supporting his gait as you walk up the stairs to his apartment room. 

You swipe the key from his pocket, unlocking the door and continue to carefully bring him to his bedroom. You brought him a water to let him  stay hydrated with, making him as comfortable as possible. 


"Keep drinking, you don't want to get hangover, nee?" you encouraged luhan to drink more water
"Hmm...[f/n]-Sshi?..."


"yes, It's me" you seat on the edge of his bed, luhan burried his head into your shoulders,his arms wrapped your waist,you stiffened at the sudden shift of position,but you should have expected him not to sit up for to long

"L-luhan?"


"Why don't you come and answer me?"

"huh??"


"Did my confession letter scare you??"


"Wait, what? What confession are you talking about?" It was useless. Luhan  wasn't even replying to your own questions.

"I really love you..." His arms tightened slightly, pressing his face further and feeling his lips tickle your skin.

"Luhan..."You frown, wondering what was going through his mind. You carefully place him back on the bed, knowing he couldn't sleep on you like that.you don't want to leave luhan because you concern to the boy but you also don't want

sehun get mad on Luhan because on you...


"I guess I have no choice" You put on blanket on luhan and leave


--


'Did my confession letter scare you?'

'I really love you...'


His words resonated inside your head, trying to make sense of his questions. Luhan didn't mentioned anything next day so you thought he was probab'y dreaming.


'maybe luhan was dreaming about the girl she likes......I wonder who is it?'  you though

you continuing cleaaning your room and you see a white book on one of the bookshelf,you pull it out carefully , the smile rise in to your face when you see the golden word printed on it's cover

School of Performing Arts Seoul

Class of __(year).

Oh Se hoon.


A rush of  memories widens your smile, amazed at how your friendships stayed intact. You then see something slip from the book when opened, lifting an envelope closer to your face. You place the book down as soon as you see the letter was addressed to you, curious as to what its contents were. 

Dear__[f/n],

I'm sorry It's only now that I'm taking action my feeling,I was afraid that my feeling will be ruin our friendship,But I'm selfish and I want more, I want you to be mine.I want you to smile because of me,and comfort you when you're crying or sad,The person who you wish to be closely held by. I want to be your everything. 
This letter is not enough to describe how I truly feel for you. After school, I will be waiting for you at the rooftop. There, I can properly give my heart to you as well as listen to your response. 
                                                                                                                              Love,
                                                                                                                          Xi Lu Han
At the sight of your admirer's name,luhan's sleep coversation with you was making sense

'why don't you come and answer me?'


'Did my confession scare you?'

 

'I really love you...'


That's why he asked why I didn't respond. He was asking me why I didn't reply to his feelings, to his confession. But why...why didn't I see this? Why don't I remember? I know I definitely would have given him my answer! I don't understa-'
you stopped and stared at the letter originated from,your heart  starts to beat fast....there's no way the letter was in sehun's book by mistaken


your heart ache.....you really feel sorry for luhan,


'If I'd just see this maybe I was happy with luhan right now'  your mind said


you heard sehun's voice from the front door,you immediately run out to your room so that you could voice everything you felt.


"Jagiya~!! have you eaten yet I've brought some bubble t--"He frowns at your upset look, presenting to him the envelope.

 

"What is this sehun?"


"Wher did you find that"His eyes seem to glare at the small paper, recognizing the item. His heart pumps quicker than normal not only from remembering what was inside the envelope, but also at how his secret was found out.
sehun knew you wouldn't be pleased so he wa preparing his answer for the coming argument


"I found it in our closet while I was trying to clean it. Tell me, did you know about this? Why was it in your year book?" 

 

"Yes, I knew about it. I was the one who found it."

 

"And you didn't say anything to me at all?"

 

"It would have been a waste of your time."

 

"Who are you to decide that for me? I make my own choices! How could you lie to me about something so important?"

 

"__[f/n],you shouldn't be so upset over something insignificant from years ago. And I only did it to secure what is rightfully mine." Sehun snatch it away and put it in his pocket jacket

 

"I have every right to be upset!" 

 

"Why? Are you not happy with the way things are now?"

 

"No! I'm not! I'm so...so angry at you! Disappointed! Hurt! How could you?" His eyes widen slightly at your reaction, not used to people scolding him so easily.

 

"It was for the both of us."

 

"I still deserved to know."

 

"Our wedding is coming up next week,I believe we should focus more on that,not in the past"

 

"As of right now, there is no wedding." 

 

"Why are you worrying over something meaningless from when we were high schoolers??" sehun was become upset at how the quarrel was progressing

 

"Because luhan is my first love!" Your voice cracked from the sudden raised pitch, droplets of your pain descend from pools of __(e/c).
sehun was suprised to what you said,immobilizing his body while pain strangles his heart. You moved quickly, grabbing your keys and purse before dashing out of the apartment. 

 

--

Luhan smiles down at his pet dog, petting his head after filling his bowl with food and water. The dog yips happily at his owner before digging his snout into his dinner.Luhan lifts his head towards the door when he hears a series of knocks. He walks to the entryway, being greeted with a sudden hug once the door was opened.

"L-luh-Luhan! I...he..I..I" You sobbed on his chest,holding tightly onto his  shirt

 

"_[f/n]? What happened?" He frowns, panicking at his assumptions. He brought you inside immediately and set you on the couch as you still held onto him. 

 

"Are you all right? Are you hurt?" You wouldn't lift your face from his chest, thinking that someone had physically hurt you. 

 

"I'm sorry luhan....I'm sorry"

 

"What do you mean?"

You finally released his top, tears continuing to fall at their own will. You take out the letter from your bag that you take from sehun's pocket,Luhan gasp as he remember his unanswered confession

 

" I found it on sese's year book while I was cleaning our closet. He admitted he took it, but I don't understand why he never told me.Luhan....I'm sorry,If I had Known, I would met you at the rooftop. I wouldn't have just left you there like that. But why didn't you say anything to me when I didn't show?"

That one question he always pondered on was finally answered and a flood of emotions was released. Luhan embraced you tightly, whispering your name and hiding his face in your neck.

 

"Because I was afraid. I didn't want to change our friendship. When you were acting like your usual self, I figured that's what you wanted." 

 

"I wouldn't leave you like that. You went through so much and I...I just continued on without knowing anything. I'm so stupid." 

 

"It's not your fault, _[y/n] you didn't know.At least, now I know why. But what about sehun?"Remembering your fiancé, he pulls himself away from the hug. 

 

"I told him there's no wedding right now. I'm too mad and hurt to speak to him." You sighed, laying further back into the couch.

 

"Can I...stay here for a while? I just don't want to go home. If not, that's fine."

 

"Of course. You're always welcomed." 

 

"Thank you." You smiled sadly before resting your temple on his shoulder. "You know, I would've said yes." 

 

"I'm happy that you didn't completely hate me then."

 

"Of course not! Luhan you we're my first love"
 burst of happiness flares up in his chest, looking into your eyes. He gently your cheek and you lean against his palm, placing your own hand over his. 

 

"I was?"

 

"Yes! that's why I'm really mad at sehun"

 

"You were my first love as well and you still are."Luhan softly whisper,bringing your hand up to his lips to leave a soft kiss. A variety of emotions causes a thump in your chest and a knot in your stomach, never having been this close to Luhan As you stare into his eyes, you jump slightly at the blaring ringtone from your cellphone.You quickly silenced the song, but still stared at the screen as if debating on your next move. 

 

"What's wrong?"Luhan asked

 

"It's sehun"you sighed, placing the phone down on the table. "He's calling, but I don't want to talk to him right now."

 

"He's probably worrying about you. You should at least tell him you're safe."

 

"Fine...I guess." you mumbled, grabbing your phone again to message him that you were fine, but you didn't tell him your location. He'd probably try to get you to go home with him. 

 

"Anyway, did you eat yet? Let me order some food for us." It was past dinner time and you hadn't eaten since lunch. 

 

"I didn't eat yet, but I have some leftovers if you want to try?"

 

"Sure. Anything is good with me."You follow luhan to the kitchen and prepare your meals


--

It has been about three days since your argument with Sehun, He becoming increasingly agitated and troubled the more you were not around. You only kept him updated with your wellbeing, but not your location. It was frustrating to not have you home, but you had requested Sehun  to give you space. As much as he wanted to find and carry you back to the apartment, he couldn't go against your wish.

Sehun had also used the time alone to think. He still believed what he did was right, but he knew you would want him to apologize and give him a thorough explanation. He would easily give you one, but you also wanted time to yourself. His heart beats faster than normal, wondering if this letter was giving you second

Please log in to read the full chapter