◜ characters ◞

◜ rise and fall ◞ apply closed. characters revealed! //
 

characters

find out who i am

Home  Settings Characters  Cheatsheet  Interactivity 


 

main characters.

The prince OF LUCE

OH SUWOONG The Prince of Luce is one big mystery for outsiders, many rumors are heard about him in the different Kingdoms. But Oh Suwoong is a pretty simply person. After falling gravely sick when he was a child, he had to step aside to recover, until he reached the age of 19. He reclaimed his throne back and is now ruling when his father is away. He is well loved by his people who think of him as a wise and caring Prince. Dedicated to his people and to his loved ones, he is a selfless being who tries to survive in the world of diplomacy. When he receives the news that he is to marry the Prince of Aques, his world is turned upside down again and is left at a loss. 

THE prince of aques

baek juho Juho is the youngest son of the King and Queen of Aques. During his childhood, he was usually pushed aside from royal matters. As he grew up, he discovered that the Gods had blessed him with the ability to manipulate ice and water. So as to avoid the people's ire, he had to act like a servant in public while another replaced him as the Prince. Both children were close, so he didn't mind. However, when his two older brothers die and he is given the throne, things start to get more complicated. Besides, his father tells him that he is betrothed to the heir of Luce, who is none other than his childhood friend he has not seen in years.

220-140

the CHIEF OF STAFF

moon jinjung Jinjung got to know the city of Lucia after he fled his home to rebel against his father's remariage. With the help of King, they found him after a month and actually got married in Lucia. He was 13 at the time and somehow, the city grew on him. Therefore, when he was given siblings, he decided to get a stable job in the capital of Light. Now sveral years later, he is the Chief of Staff of the castle, bossing around the staff and making sure everything is perfect. The intimidating man is also part of the rumors surrounding the Prince, as the servants enjoy gossiping about the one and only man who seem to anger the caring Suwoong and trigger Baekhyun's sassiness. 

the PRINCESS OF HATIO

CHAE HANEUL The Princess of Hatio has never had an easy life. Nourishing a great interest in poisons since a young age, she has had to suffer through years of insults and rumors. Accused of the death of her father when she was younger, the attacks took her toll on her. Supported by her brother Hyungwon, she dreams of seeing the world and leave the closed doors of her room to explore and discover the beauty of nature. As the wedding is announced, it is for her the first opportunity to actually leave Hatio and visit the city of Light - and to finally meet her new step-brother. Accompanied by her servant, Nam Joohyuk, she arrives to represent Hatio and Suwoong's step-family.

THE genji oracle

genji kotori The Genji clan has been separated from Luce for over a century due to a clash with the Church of Light, but with the arrival of the new King, things have become peaceful. Kotori is the daughter of the head of the clan and has been appointed as their oracle since the death of the previous one, her mother. Gifted with magical abilities linked with nature, she is not to be taken lightly - though her power of divination is what she is known for. The loyal and compassionate young lady travels to Luce with her father and uncle after being invited to the wedding by the King himself. It's a perfect occasion to strengthen the links between them - and to meet a certain boy.

The exiled deity

KIM jieun Considered as the daughter of Lucia and Noir, Ciaradh has lived with the Gods until the war devastated the Kingdom fifty years ago. She fought for Luce and saw the men fall down one by one, until she followed, dying while bringing the war to an end. As she is given a new opportunity by Noir, she decided to live a human life. Now known as Kim Jieun, the girl finds herself in Luce again. Bound to her old weapon, a hammer, by a spell, she is forced to see herself be controlled by the mission given to her. She is not in Lucia for good reasons but then again, as she is unaware of her real target, she does not know if everything will turn alright or end up in catastrophe. 

THE REPRESENTATIVE OF NOCTIS

won yunseol Growing up as a part of one of the most powerful guilds of Noctis is not easy. When Sabertooth gets promoted as the ruling guild of the Kingdom of Noctis, Yunseol and his guild members were expected to be the best - and that was what he was. Using his lightning magic and dimpled smile as signature, the assassin is respected by others of the guild. When the guild leader receives the invitation of the wedding, he decides to send the innocent-looking Yunseol as a representative, so as to give a good impression of Noctis, despite his childish protests. Does he come without ulterior motives though? An innocent face can hide many secrets.

The mercenary bodyguard

hu mingyu The Free Folks have always been pushed aside by the different Kingdoms. The Hu clan was no exception. Last son of a family of mercernaries, MingYu soon revealed to be an exceptional being. Gifted of the abilities of a berserker by the Goddess Hekate, he is an exceptional fighter and has a lot of resources in his sleeves. As his family is hired to a rch merchant to Lucia for the wedding, MingYu finds himself forced to become said merchant one and only bodyguard inside the castle until the end of the ceremonies. His hatred for authority and any kind of royalty will be seriously challenged in a place where all the Princes and Princesses are gathered. 

The cut-stringed marionette

HYON NAMYI After he realized the death of his step-brother and his rich father were more than questionable, Namyi longed to leave a woman he had called mother for a long time. A man, Ma Dongseok, gives him the opportunity to join the court and to become his apprentice. The boy discovers a new game of rhetoric and illusions, one he ends up appreciating for its complexity. Tired of being played with, he startes being the one controlling his part of the game. However, his routine is broken when the King of Luce requests for Apothecary Ma Dongseok to find a cure for his son, Namyi finds himself following his master and friend to Lucia for a curious medical enigma.


 

secondary characters.

suwoong's servant

BYUN BAEKHYUN It is a real miracle that Baekhyun was not kicked out of the castle yet, for his sassy and nagging attitude have shocked more than one. Yet, Suwoong finds it endearing and amusing, so he kept him as his personal servant. Despite his diva-like attitude, Baekhyun is trustworthy. He's the Prince's confidente and knows everything about him. He is extremely intelligent and understand things very rapidly, it's almost threatening. He's eager for knowledge and seems to hold Suwoong in high esteem. He was living in the streets and used to survive by stealing food until he was found by Suwoong and brought to the castle. Rough and wary at first, he soon found his place. 

THE cousin

OH SEHUN Sehun is the Prince of Luce's cousin, the son of his uncle. According to the rule of succession, since the Prince is an only son and his uncle refused the throne, his cousin is the one who would become King if anything happened to him. He was appointed as the heir when Suwoong fell sick and trained to be one until he reached the age of 15, when Suwoong took the throne back. The boy is an innocent soul, he is always found reading stories and daydreaming in the gardens. He's the Prince's most precious person and Sehun truly adores his older cousin. Shy and curious, he's awkward with strangers and is seen as a child, despite being already legal.

the PRIEST

KIM JONGIN Jongin is Suwoong's closest friend outside of the castle. He grew up in a middle-class family and joined the Church of Light when he was around 14. He is still a Disciple and not a real Priest yet, but it should come shortly. He met the Prince during a ceremony and found himself attracted to his magestic figure. He is a kind soul, but he is a worrywart who is a bit too concerned about others' feelings. He is innocent, naive, gullible and a bit too easy to manipulate, because he'd do everything to help his loved ones and to make people happy. His faith is strong and he found a new family in the Church of Light, so he is quick to defend Luce's religion. 

juho's servant

yoo taeyang The young Taeyang has grown up in the castle with his parents and trained to become a servant just like them. Being close to the youngest Prince's age, they used to see each other often and Juho liked playing with him. It would soon be obvious that Taeyang was to train to become his personal servant. However, when Juho started manifesting powers, Taeyang was forced to act as the Prince to save the appearances. They grew up exchanging their roles, only going back to what they were supposed to be behind closed doors. This time, Taeyang follows Juho to Luce as a servant, hoping for the best for his Prince and for things not to get out of hands. 

THE BODYGUARD

kwon jiyeon Jiyeon is the daughter of a very respected warrior and like her entire family, she is a Tsaheylu. Being a Tsaheylu is rare, as the taming magic is not easily found. She is bonded to her companion Zahra, a direwolf, and both make a terrible team - which is why she followed her father's footsteps and became a bodyguard for the Princes. Soon assigned to Juho in particular to protect his life against anyone wanting to use his magic against them, her situation was particular as she was to protect Taeyang like a Prince as well. However, she does her job well and values her friendship with Juho. Wary of the wedding, she follows the Prince in Luce to make sure he stays alive. 

The prince of foron

KIM ILSUNG After the war ended 50 years ago, the new King of Foron decided to keep his Kingdom secure by closing its frontiers. Leaving and coming were strictly regulated. He did the same for his son, keeping him inside the castle and preventing him from leaving. Tired of such rules, Ilsung's mother left when he was a child. The boy grew up surrounded by walls, like Suwoong, Juho and Haneul. He is a soft child who dreams of adventures and wishes to see the world. The wedding is for him the first occasion to go outside and meet new people. It is also for him a way to bring Foron into a new light and hopefully bring his Kingdom forward in the eyes of the other royals. 

the prince of hatio

chae hyungwon Adopted by the royal family of Hatio when he was a child, Hyungwon's life turned from being a servant to being the heir of a powerful kingdom. He accepted the situation and tries his best to be worthy of the chance given to him. He's very fond of his new sister and does his best to protect her, as he sees she's not just the witch people see in her. He saw the Queen's wedding to the King of Luce as some sort of betrayal but learnt to accept when he realized the Queen just wanted him to be free a little longer. He is still wary of the King, but he appreciates what he has seen of Suwoong. Coming to the wedding is a way for him to introduce his sister to the Prince.

THE apothecary aPPRENTICE

HAN SANGHYUK The boy had been training to be an Apothecary under the rules of Ma Dongseok for several years when Namyi arrived at the court. Having a second Apothecary Apprentice sounded like a hassle for him, and he made it clear that he was annoyed to be forced to share the attention. As of now, the intelligent and mischievous boy has accepted Namyi as a rival and a peer but is determined to prove himself better. He also follows his master to Lucia, terribly excited at the idea of finding out the truth behind the Prince's secrecy - and also to figure out a new way to play with the nobles.

AUTHOR's NOTE

SOONY- The final cast is finally revealed! Congratulations to the creators of those lovely characters and I am truly sorry for those who have not been chosen. It was so difficult to choose ;u; In the end, I even ended up adding two applicants as secondary characters as well because I couldn't choose. They will be in the story though we'll see him a bit less than the main ones. But here we have all the suspects for the traitor! There are other characters, love interests, family etc, but these are ultimately those who can potentially be the traitor. The first chapters will mostly be the arrival to the castle and after that, I will send a PM to all chosen applicants to notify them of their role and goal for the wedding. Will they be allies or foes and who will be the traitor...? Who knows :) Thank you all so much for your applications and your support for this story!